Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

just to let you all know that i had the baby 2 weeks 1 day early at home, feb 19th!!
couldn't sleep much on thursday night, had what i thought were just more intense braxton hicks so about 2.00am got up had a cup of tea and watch some tele dozing on couch. by 4 am had really bad back ache and more cramping feelings but was not sure they were really contractions as it was far too early! lol!! by 7am they were 5 mins apart and was no doubting baby was on her way! was a bit dissapointed as realised would not have the water birth i wanted and also had no tens machine and no pain relief.
anyway, we rang hospital who said to ring back when closer together but would let on call mw know. they were not even on call for me as this was starting on 22nd. we managed to get in touch with my mw at 9am and contractions were now only a couple of mins apart. i don't think she realised this and was very blase saying she would come round at lunch time! i said i would like her to come sooner and by the time they got here at 10.30am i was 7 cm dilated! she quickly set up stuff and hooked me up to gas and air which i didn't think did much at all but tbh the pain was not that bad. things progressed quickly and not long after the mw arrived i was pushing her out! she got a bit stuck and mw said needed to be cut (ouch!! the inj of local really hurt more than anything else!) anyway was really needed as it turned out the cord was round her neck and she had her hand up over her face like superman! lol!! once they cut me she popped out screaming, only a little after 2 hours of the mw arriving.
they got a bit worried at one point as i was bleeding a lot at but by the ambulance and paramedic arrived baby was almost out so they sat in the yard until she was out and mws were happy the blood loss was ok and all normal.
was not as planned but really nice as i was able to chill on sofa with baby while drinking tea and eating snickers!!
she weighed a healthy 7lb 2, so much for being small and we have called her seren

Congratulations and what a beautiful name!:flower:

Thanks ladies,

Just come back from antenatal class and to be quite frank I wish I never went. They told us last week to bring our birth plans with us, and me and my fiance were the only couple out of 8 couples that bought one and of course it was a homebirth one.

I then ended up getting in a discussion with the midwife about risks of homebirth, to which she told me to " Ssssh " when I wanted to discuss the risks of a hospital birth. I was not a happy girl leaving that class today, and will not be going back for the final class next week.

I am going to call the midwife that I have a meeting with tomorrow, to check that it wont be a scaremongering exercise as I am not sure how much of this I can take ladies..:cry:

EternalRsoe x

ER you are not having a lot of luck are you???

What is wrong with your hospital??? I think they need to go and update themselves and read a very important document called

Maternity matters: choice, access and continuity of care in a safe service
https://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publicatio...tions/PublicationsPolicyAndGuidance/DH_073312

Think you might have to forward this to them...all of them!

.x.x.x.

I am back from my meeting...and it was fab.

:yipee::yipee::yipee:

It was just me, my fiance and the Head of community midwives, she said I am " low risk " so there is no reason why I cant have my homebirth. I nearly fell off my chair when she said I was low risk. She said looking at me, she can see that I am not 'slim' but then I am heavily pregnant & she has seen many women give birth naturally that are a lot bigger than me as well. We talked all about my homebirth plans, and she answered all my questions, she was so nice!

She has even got the birth centre to accept me there, if I decide that I want to go there to give birth, the woman is an angel! I am due to have my 34 week appointment next week ( a bit early due to community midwife annual leave ) and she is going to tell the midwife seeing me all about this meeting we had today and she has said I should just go ahead and get all my bits and pieces in place for a homebirth! I am so happy today. She said the midwives will be happy to come out to me anytime after 37 weeks, I am so glad I stuck to my guns. :happydance:

Thanks again for all your support ladies
EternalRose x x

ER!!! If that's not a bloody result I dont know what is!!! :D So you can plan for the HB AND you have the birth centre option too!!!
That's bare wicked :winkwink: xxxxxx

That is awesome news ER! I am so glad to hear that things are turning around! :)

Glad to hear you had a positive meeting ER :)

I've been recommended to do a 'home course' of hypnobirthing CDs by some people as I can't find a hypnobirthing course in my area...does anyone know what they might be talking about?

xx

You just read the book and use the CDs NightKD. :) There are 2 CDs so just check which one you get with the book you buy. I have both so if it comes to it I can burn you a copy ;)

You just read the book and use the CDs NightKD. :) There are 2 CDs so just check which one you get with the book you buy. I have both so if it comes to it I can burn you a copy ;)

A couple of people said it wasn't worth getting the book without doing a course of some kind... I'll just see how I get on. :) I guess I'll be able to tell if I'm benefiting from it or if I need something more.

x

I've done both the course and read the book and I would disagree. I'd say reading the book is very beneficial on it's own. I think the course helped me with my breathing techniques mostly. :)

That's good to know. The only home courses I've seen look pretty costly, so I'd rather not get them if I don't actually need them (of course)!

x

Read the book and listen to the CDs first and if you're not sure about the breathing explanations we can go over them in more detail here :)

Thanks for your replies everyone

Ive got two straight forward natal hypnotherapy CDs, my SIL sent them to me before I had the chance to say what I wanted..:dohh: But I like them anyhow...

https://www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk/

She got me two CDs, the effective birth preparation one..and relaxing birth music. Are you going to listen to your CD in labour MM?

EternalRose x x

ER, that's brilliant! I let out a little "eeek" of excitement for you when I read the first line of your post.

Girls, I am soooo bored. I haven't been at work since November, and I miss my job and my best mate (she moved to the other side of London, so we don't get to see each other often). And I'm "due" tomorrow, but I know this boy isn't budging, so I'm going stir crazy!

ER, that's brilliant! I let out a little "eeek" of excitement for you when I read the first line of your post.

Girls, I am soooo bored. I haven't been at work since November, and I miss my job and my best mate (she moved to the other side of London, so we don't get to see each other often). And I'm "due" tomorrow, but I know this boy isn't budging, so I'm going stir crazy!

Thank you Manda,

Awww hun, I can imagine how your feeling and I know London can be a lonely place at the best of times..big hugs to you :hugs: But its your due date tomorrow how exciting, I wonder if he comes on his due date! I will be wishing lots of labour dust for you..Im on msn most days so we can have a virtual coffee if you want some daytime company x x x

ER - I cannot tell you how thrilled I am for you :dance: :dance: :dance: Well Done for sticking at it girlie!

Are you going to listen to your CD in labour MM?

Yeah I plan to. I've got them at the start of my playlist on the iPod. In the classes they suggest you get your OH to read the affirmations to you if you prefer but I actually like the lady's voice from the CD. I'm going to go with the flow but I think I'll try listen to the affirmations once the surges (contractions) get closer together and go with the relaxation scripts and music in the earlier stages. OH has a script he wants to read to me which is in the hypnobirthing book which is really lovely - a kind of from the daddy to the mummy in labour thing. :cloud9:

Awww hun, I can imagine how your feeling and I know London can be a lonely place at the best of times..big hugs to you :hugs: But its your due date tomorrow how exciting, I wonder if he comes on his due date! I will be wishing lots of labour dust for you..Im on msn most days so we can have a virtual coffee if you want some daytime company x x x [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Thanks, hun. :hugs: I'll have to remember to turn on my MSN.

As for the bean coming on his due date, all he does is wriggle about when I beg him to come out. Who knows....maybe something good will happen one of the million times I get up in the night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->