Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Manda - I remember it well.....it's so hard not to get hung up on the due date isnt it. :hug: I sobbed when it came and went for me last time BUT I do believe that because I resigned myself to going 2 wks over, I went into labour that evening - I just let it go. This time I am trying hard not to fixate on the date. x

I know how you feel Manda. The waiting is driving me crazy too. I know that any day now my life is going to change and feel like I'm on hold until she arrives. I am getting very bored now having been off work for 6 weeks.

That's exactly what it is, Celesse. Lisa, I'm also trying not to fixate on the date - one of the girls on the February Lovebugs thread even posted an article saying we should really be given a "due week" instead of a specific date, which makes sense. It's nice to know that I should be meeting him in the next two weeks. I think my main anxiety stems from knowing that "they" like to push induction the closer you get to those two weeks (40+10-12 is what I was told), and I don't know if I'd have the energy for a last minute battle.

Yeah they should give a week or even 2 really. In fact your MATB1 refers to your 'week of confinement' which is probably a better way to think about it isnt it.

It's so weird because when it does happen, even though we are waiting and waiting for it, there's still this surreal feeling after they are born. This weird feeling where you look back and think 'OMG yesterday evening I was sat on BnB saying how it felt like it was never going to happen....' or what ever the scenario.....and then they are suddenly here. I dont know if I've explained that very well!! I just remember sitting sobbing with OH afetr my last MW visit the day after she was due thinking it would be another 2 weeks and less than 24 hours later...she was here.....:)

I have now decided to ignore my due date which was based on the 12 week scan. LMP put her due yesterday. If I go by ov and sex dates then she is due today, and if I go by the 8 week EPAU scan she isn't due til Sunday.

Besides she isn't allowed out til Wednesday now cos OH has exams on Tuesday.

I'm going to go off LMP because that is 5 days AFTER my EDD from the scans :)

Are you going to listen to your CD in labour MM?

Yeah I plan to. I've got them at the start of my playlist on the iPod. In the classes they suggest you get your OH to read the affirmations to you if you prefer but I actually like the lady's voice from the CD. I'm going to go with the flow but I think I'll try listen to the affirmations once the surges (contractions) get closer together and go with the relaxation scripts and music in the earlier stages. OH has a script he wants to read to me which is in the hypnobirthing book which is really lovely - a kind of from the daddy to the mummy in labour thing. :cloud9:

That is really nice..:cloud9:, I wasnt sure when to listen to the birthing music opposed to the hynotherapy in labour and I think I will do what you are going to do...listen to the music in earlier stages and then move on to the hypnosis in the more stronger part of labour. Thank you MM, eeeek I just realised I STILL havent posted that book! :wacko: I have been so busy this week, but I promise I will post it as soon as I get to the post office x x

I'm going to go off LMP because that is 5 days AFTER my EDD from the scans :)

My due date from my scan matches exactly my LMP, so I know exactly when I conceived especially if your going by the 14 days after your period scenario, Matthews birthday! He got lucky that day...:rofl: x x

No problem hun. It's going to Pops from here actually!! :lol:

With the music / hypno stuff so long as Matthew knows which bits are are where on the CD or your iPod, you can decide as you go along. If you make sure he's familiar with the different tracks then if you cant be arsed or are too 'in the zone' to be farting about with the CD player or whatever, you can just order him about, like the Queen of Sheba telling him what you want on when :haha: And of course he can suggest trying different tracks if you are getting anxious and forget to try something new IYKWIM ;)

No problem hun. It's going to Pops from here actually!! :lol:

With the music / hypno stuff so long as Matthew knows which bits are are where on the CD or your iPod, you can decide as you go along. If you make sure he's familiar with the different tracks then if you cant be arsed or are too 'in the zone' to be farting about with the CD player or whatever, you can just order him about, like the Queen of Sheba telling him what you want on when :haha: And of course he can suggest trying different tracks if you are getting anxious and forget to try something new IYKWIM ;)

Thanks hun, my SIL said she had the same cds for her two births and that they had such an effect on her, she freaked out as soon as the tape stopped and the midwife was fumbling around with the cd player, so Ill make sure he is aware of this on the day! :haha:

Well, today is my "due date," and we're about to drive down to the in-laws' (an hour and 15 minute drive). We're so bored, and we're hoping it'll tempt fate a bit. I'll take my notes with me, but I really don't think anything will happen. And if I do start to get pains, it's no big deal to drive just over an hour back home straight away, as I won't have him that quick!

Well, today is my "due date," and we're about to drive down to the in-laws' (an hour and 15 minute drive). We're so bored, and we're hoping it'll tempt fate a bit. I'll take my notes with me, but I really don't think anything will happen. And if I do start to get pains, it's no big deal to drive just over an hour back home straight away, as I won't have him that quick!

Happy Due Date Manda :happydance:, Ill be wishing you lots of labour dust make sure your car has plenty of petrol. I dont want your lovely homebirth to be on the side of the motorway :lol:

Happy due date Manda. If nothing has happened on the way back, are there lots of bumpy back streets you can take to shake the baby out? :rofl:

I like the tempting fate theory! I used that to coax Hebe out.....I wore my best most expensive knickers in the hope my water would break on them.....and it did later that night!! :lol:

Sooooo excited and pleased for you ER! Yay for PMA and persistence x

Well ladies, I finally bit the bullet and bought a double pushchair today (a little off topic but wanted to share!) Has been a nightmare finding one I like that ticks all the boxes for a very tall 15 month old and a newborn. Only issue is....it doesn't fit through my bloody front door! Think we are going to keep it and open it up outside as it really does everything else I want.

Hope you are all feeling fine and dandy and sending out lots of labour dust for those of you who are due!

hi i'm due on 19th april with my second child and fingers cross i will be having him at home x

Congrats Kty! I'll add you to the list. Will this be your first home birth? :)

So I've been having a tought time deciding which prenatal class to take. I want to take birthing from within because I like the idea of learning how to manage and work with the pain and your body. But then I've also heard so many people recommend hypnobirthing that I was worried I would regret not taking it.

I talked to my doula about hypnobirthing and she is 100% willing to work with me on it, and when I asked her experiences she said that she has heard that it really has helped a lot but has also had a few midwives/doulas mention that sometimes their moms experience contractions without progress, which made me a little nervous.

So I finally convinced my DH to let us take both classes! :) My plan is to see what I think of each after and then come labour I can use what feels right to me. I did some research and decided to do hypnobabies instead of hypnobirthing, so I emailed the instructor today. DH & I may start that class next week (we are out of town for part of the later offering).

Welcome, Kty!
Sounds good, Gina. Will be looking forward to hearing how they go.

I did tempt fate. Fate was so not interested, and neither was the baby it seems. And I had on pretty La Senza knickers all day as well. And I did fill up the tank before we left (only 100 miles each way). No car birth for me though, even though I thought it would've been particularly mean of fate to have my waters break whilst I'm the one driving home. No such luck. Although my 11-year-old SIL announced as we walked through the door that I could have the baby down there today if I wanted and that she would get the towels and, "....well, I don't know what else you'll need, but if you tell me I'll get it!" Bless her, she's so excited.

So, I'm back home with the only difference being more period pains than usual off and on and the feeling of his head pushing into my bits (only way I can describe it) at times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->