Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Evening ladies, just thought I'd pop by and catch up with you all, as always, lots has been going on here :thumbup:

I can recommend the Mongan Method and also a great book called Birthing The Easy Way which I am currently reading having borrowed from Lisa and also, The Practical Homebirth Guide which my Boyo bought me.

We are still fully geared towards a HB, especially after our Lisa having such a good experience with Sid, she was the first person I told I was pregnant and has been so supportive to me so it is wonderful that it all went so well for my buddy :hugs:

Hope you all have great long weekends whatever you are up to :D

xxx

Urban Bumpkin what Masters are you doing?..I am always interested in hearing about others academic stuff.

x

It is an MPhil - research by practice. I'm looking at the structures around participative public art events and how they can be set up to improve the experience for participants. A quite random subject, but quite useful to the work I do! And I am supposed to be mostly finished in the next day or so. Well, I was actually supposed to be finished last October, but my morning sickness kicked in and I couldn't even look at the computer screen!

Now I just don't want to look at it because I am sick of the subject! Are you studying?

Bournefree - that thread is really interesting. I was very surprised when I read about the high US mortality rates in Ina May, and the info doesn't seem to be out there in the general public domain.

You are so right about it being about having knowledge and choice. I think it is really interesting that those on this thread who have ended up with a hospital birth seem to have had really good calm positive ones (in the circumstances), even though it wasn't the original plan. I'm sure it is to do with 'having' to do more research for a home birth and therefore being empowered and knowing what the options are when transferred to hospital. I hope if I end up in hospital for whatever reason then I will be able to be the same.

And congratulations, Nikki-Lou!

Oh my fiance would love you, he is doing a Ba Hons in History & History of Art film and design. I told him your topic, and he really liked it. He is only undergraduate at the moment but he is already talking Ma and Phd to me :lol: I used to be a student nurse, but since I have been pregnant I have realised there is another career suited to me so Ill be putting in an application this Sept, I do love studying Im such a wierdo that way.

I was also surprised when I read the statistics in Ina May's book, but when I watched the Business of Being born, what struck me the most was that most people seem to be content with spending more time researching where they buy a car, or a camera or a stereo system than there place of birth.

I was thinkin that about the 4d!

How are you feelin hun? How's that bump comin along?

Hi Nikki - I am feeling good thank you! Bump growing by the day! Met with Michelle earlier so feeling very positive at the moment!

And get you and your big news! Congratulations to you and the family! :happydance:

rjayne46 - we have 2 welsh springers who love the water so can imagine them trying to get in the birthing pool too!!

Met again with my doula today and feeling very positive about everything. I have come such a long way since that Amanda Holden programme last year where I ended up hyperventiating, crying and screaming 'there is no way I can do that'!! I went into complete denial after that!

I really think my decision to have a homebirth has helped with my mindset now - and someone mentioned earlier in the thread that homebirth is not just somewhere to have your baby - it is a state of mind. And I would like to think that if I do end up being transferred then if I can keep the state of mind then it could still be a positive experience!

I am in a very loving mood this evening so :hugs: all round!!

I really like this statement..:thumbup: x

Aww cactusgirl, I did that whole cryin, hysterical I CANT AND WONT DO THAT!! I could and I did do it, and managed better than I ever imagined. Michelle is honestly amazing for helping you focus and get in the right state of mind. I am sure you will be fantastic - is it May yet?? lol! I am so excited for you, you seem to have a great positive attitude for homebirth!

Aww cactusgirl, I did that whole cryin, hysterical I CANT AND WONT DO THAT!! I could and I did do it, and managed better than I ever imagined. Michelle is honestly amazing for helping you focus and get in the right state of mind. I am sure you will be fantastic - is it May yet?? lol! I am so excited for you, you seem to have a great positive attitude for homebirth!

I really hope I can do it hun..how many weeks were you when you went into labour? 40? x x

I was 39+3 hun :) I really started to think I'd see my due date come and go!

I've just spoken to the midwife who delivered Aimee on facebook, she told me she would happily see me in a few weeks and take me right through my pregnancy! How amazing is that lady!?!?

Now lil pipling...STICK!

I was 39+3 hun :) I really started to think I'd see my due date come and go!

I've just spoken to the midwife who delivered Aimee on facebook, she told me she would happily see me in a few weeks and take me right through my pregnancy! How amazing is that lady!?!?

Now lil pipling...STICK!

That is amazing hun..:hugs: Its so nice to have continuum of care in pregnancy, I havent had that experience but I have only just started seeing my midwives more than once. And yes lots of sticky vibes sent to you x

I know, I was thinking its going to be you soon..how are you feeling any niggles? Ive only just started getting braxton hicks x[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Had a few faulse starts after all the trouble a while ago and still get start stop ones. I think when it finaly happens I'll just ignore it cause I don't stop for every little twinge and pain now lol.
It would be great if she could make her appearence this weekend as DS has broke up from school for 2 weeks, And on Tuesday hubby has to go manage a department in Exeter 74 miles away. He's normally only a few villigaes away about 15 mins on a good journey. But exeter is sooo far and can get pretty congested between here and there!!!!!
I'm just soooo fed up at the mo the nearer the date gets the furthur away it seems. My previous 4 have all been early and I really thought she would be all along, especially after all the hickups, but now I'm not so sure she just seems an awkward little monkey!!!
But as everyone keeps saying "she'll come when she's ready" ohhhhh if I hear that once more.... I'M READY lol

I know, I was thinking its going to be you soon..how are you feeling any niggles? Ive only just started getting braxton hicks x[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Had a few faulse starts after all the trouble a while ago and still get start stop ones. I think when it finaly happens I'll just ignore it cause I don't stop for every little twinge and pain now lol.
It would be great if she could make her appearence this weekend as DS has broke up from school for 2 weeks, And on Tuesday hubby has to go manage a department in Exeter 74 miles away. He's normally only a few villigaes away about 15 mins on a good journey. But exeter is sooo far and can get pretty congested between here and there!!!!!
I'm just soooo fed up at the mo the nearer the date gets the furthur away it seems. My previous 4 have all been early and I really thought she would be all along, especially after all the hickups, but now I'm not so sure she just seems an awkward little monkey!!!
But as everyone keeps saying "she'll come when she's ready" ohhhhh if I hear that once more.... I'M READY lol[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it!!! Im so sick and tired of hearing this..Im hoping she comes soon for you hun and yeah my fiance has like 2 weeks off uni so anytime then would be good thanks :lol: I pray we both dont go overdue :wacko:x x

Hey everyone! Hope you don't mind me butting in here, but I have a couple of questions :D

As you'll see, I'm nearly 32 weeks pregnant, and have FINALLY decided that I want to have a homebirth. Am I leaving it too late???
The idea was always in my head from word go, but OH wasn't too keen (this is his first, my second), so I've spent months researching, and waiting to see how my pregnancy was gonna go. So after a growth scan yesterday, everything was fine, I have had no other problems whatsoever, they just kept and eye on me from the start because of previous miscarriages - all before 12 weeks I may add. So I have finally convinced him of all the pro's of homebirthing, how it will make me feel a lot more relaxed (I didn't have a very good hospital experience last time), and how safe it actually is!
I have my 32 week appointment on Tuesday, and I'm really worrying they'll not even listen to me! Anyone been in a similar situation at all, or have any advice they can give me???
Thanks, Janie xx

hi girls just popping on via my phone to say I am still reading and trying to keep up as much as I can. Will anyone who needs adding or updating please pm me so I don't miss you for the front page.

Janie you are not too late at all. I think I started my plans around your stage too and had my HB just yesterday :)

Love to you all and my birth story is in progress and will be up in the next 24hrs by hook or by crook!!

:hugs:

Hey everyone! Hope you don't mind me butting in here, but I have a couple of questions :D

As you'll see, I'm nearly 32 weeks pregnant, and have FINALLY decided that I want to have a homebirth. Am I leaving it too late???
The idea was always in my head from word go, but OH wasn't too keen (this is his first, my second), so I've spent months researching, and waiting to see how my pregnancy was gonna go. So after a growth scan yesterday, everything was fine, I have had no other problems whatsoever, they just kept and eye on me from the start because of previous miscarriages - all before 12 weeks I may add. So I have finally convinced him of all the pro's of homebirthing, how it will make me feel a lot more relaxed (I didn't have a very good hospital experience last time), and how safe it actually is!
I have my 32 week appointment on Tuesday, and I'm really worrying they'll not even listen to me! Anyone been in a similar situation at all, or have any advice they can give me???
Thanks, Janie xx

In my experience, no-one really listened to me about my homebirth decision until the later weeks anyway.....i suppose many women change their minds....my mw and I only seriously spoke about mine yesterday!!

hi girls just popping on via my phone to say I am still reading and trying to keep up as much as I can. Will anyone who needs adding or updating please pm me so I don't miss you for the front page.

Janie you are not too late at all. I think I started my plans around your stage too and had my HB just yesterday :)

Love to you all and my birth story is in progress and will be up in the next 24hrs by hook or by crook!!

:hugs:

omg I cannot wait for your birth story!!!!!

Update on me......

Had growth scan and baby is now 6lbs!!!! Bigger than Maley was at birth!!

My mw came and saw me yesterday and we discussed my homebirth in depth. I was really pleased! They only bring gas and air no other pain relief which i am happy about.
She said she isnt hands on unless she needs to be but always asks he mother first anyway (im not a fan of internals).

They dont like to give the injection for the placenta unless absolutely necessary so leave it to come away naturally and also encourage skin to skin (i wanted to be naked anyway) and straight on to breast when baby starts fishing for it.

She basically said, your the mum and you know your body and to listen to your body and we are there as support. Great!!! exactly how i want it to be!!

Found out why her phone was off.......she doesnt work on sundays so if i go into labour on a sunday i have a different number to call and a different mw will come. But she said that she is sure that im vocal enough to have the birth i want!!! lol

I really cant wait and really want baby to come now!

She said she isnt hands on unless she needs to be but always asks he mother first anyway (im not a fan of internals).

They dont like to give the injection for the placenta unless absolutely necessary so leave it to come away naturally and also encourage skin to skin (i wanted to be naked anyway) and straight on to breast when baby starts fishing for it.

She basically said, your the mum and you know your body and to listen to your body and we are there as support. Great!!! exactly how i want it to be!!

That is great, Rachie. She sounds brilliant as a midwife! Shame she has been so disorganised with appointments etc.

That is brilliant news Rachie, I am really pleased that it went well for you and it sounds great :yipee:

I am almost finished with Birthing the Easy Way which I am loving, really helpful and makes so much sense :thumbup:

Lisa, I can't wait for your birth story doll, I really can't :kiss:

xxx

Im so glad your finally getting somewhere with the midwife Rachel, its nice to have a chat about the homebirth isnt it? It makes things seem real then.

I just read your birth story MM, and I commented at the end of it. WOW, your marvellous :hugs:

EternalRose x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->