Homebirth-Is it too late??

spacegirl

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My first birth went very well and was natural ( I was lucky!). I used a TENs machine and ended up doing the labour at home and got to the hospital at 9cm without drugs :) It then took 2 hrs to push him out as i was scared of the end bit ;). I had a second degree tear so had stitches but this healed quickly and I've had no problems. My current pregnancy seems to be going ok.

So for my 2nd I would like to have a homebirth but I have many questions!!! Can someone help or point me in the right direction please?

1) I'm 25 weeks on Sat is it too late to book it?
2) do you get to choose/meet your birthing midwife?
3) how messy is it? what do I need to buy??
4) do I need to buy a pool?
5) is it very risky?? my hospital is a 5 min drive?
6) where do you do it? bedroom? lounge? bathroom?

Thanks for reading!

cxx

1) I'm 25 weeks on Sat is it too late to book it? No
2) do you get to choose/meet your birthing midwife? You should get to meet most of your commmunity midwives, but there is a chance that it will be someone you havn't met. different areas have different policys
3) how messy is it? what do I need to buy?? Buy a plastic decorating sheet from B&Q or a £ shop shower curtain to protect the floor. It's not messy the MW clears it all away afterwards.
4) do I need to buy a pool? No you can choose to hire or buy a pool, but many of us do it dry!
5) is it very risky?? my hospital is a 5 min drive? If your health is good, and you are well informed then the dangers are no different. If there are any doubts during the birth you can transfer to hospital.
6) where do you do it? bedroom? lounge? bathroom? where ever you want. last time I was in my bedroom on the floor, this time I want to be in the lounge on the floor. It's all down to what suits you. It's your home,, you call the shots. You are incharge if you want to be.

Thank you so much for the info! I will ask my midwife at my next appointment :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->