Hoping for an HSG baby! Anyone else?!

But don't you worry about starting at 50 - that is the standard starting dose from what I've read. And plenty of doctors take a more conservative approach, which, honestly may be better, especially if you are younger. I am actually worried that I will end up with twins, using 100mg!

I would love twins, however yeah I feel good starting off at .50mg since I do ovulate on my own as well. Also, I hope the side effects aren't too bad since I'm still at a lower dose. I'm sure I'll be fine, I trust my FS a lot and he hasn't steered me wrong yet so I'm sure he knows what he's doing and is doing the right thing for me =D SO when are you going to start the process? You're CD 20 ? So you're doing it next cycle right?

Yep! I am finally ovulating today, I think, and I have a 12 day LP, so I'll be starting the process in about 2 weeks, assuming BFN of course.

Yay we're literally in the same situation! Except you're a couple days behind me ... I think. Lol. Anyways I'm starting it in a little less than a week so maybe we can be IUI buddies?

Absolutely! You are a week ahead of me, so you'll be going through it first - but I'll be right behind you, eager to hear how it goes!

Alright lets just keep in touch and I'll let you know how the procedure goes. Have you ever done clomid before or if this your first time on the medication?

Oh okay, I'm a little worried about the side effects to be honest...I'm already a pretty emotional person I can't really imagine being more emotional!

Ha. Me too. DH is in for it! I used to throw things at him when I got mad, and I've just managed to rein that in. I worry that I'm going to go back to chucking things at his head.

Yeah I cry a lot ... even at stupid tv shows, and I used to throw things too but only when I'm like super angry, I've learned to rein that in like you, now I just clam up when I'm mad and don't talk to him which makes him more angry! It's terrible.. I mean for the most part we get along really well but when we argue, at least like 3 times a year really bad I do get angry ... lets hope we don't have one of those arguments while I'm on clomid!

Lisa - you're on clomid right? How is it treating you? Any bad side effects? Also, why aren't you doing IUI + clomid ? I mean not that you should be, I'm just curious as to why my doctor might have suggested IUI + clomid instead of just clomid?

Yeah, I generally don't have a bad temper, but my DH knows how to push my buttons! We are a passionate duo - we love deeply, but we also get into fights, always about stupid things though. It's usually him that starts them - he is a little high strung and irritable - and I've kind of had it with him getting worked up over small stuff, so I tend to get worked up myself, that he's getting worked up! Anyway.

I don't really know, but the clomid by itself is supposed up your chances to help if you are not ovulating on your own, or have long/irregular cycles or a short LP, and also by maybe getting you to release more than 1 egg. The IUI on it's own ups your chances by getting all those sperm past the hostile vagina/cervix and right where they need to be. Doing them both together, gives you the best chance, short of IVF.

Oh my - I just read about some terrible experience and side effects with clomid and now I'm scared! =\

Don't read! Don't google! Just give it a try, and if it's horrible, you can switch next cycle to injectables which have a lower side effect profile. Also I heard that it's better to take the pill at night - that way you can sleep through the moodiness!

:haha: It's so hard to not google! I will try of course but it's almost impossible for me! I'm going to try it regardless, I mean I really want a baby so I'll do what I have to do but it's still very scary!

Hopefully Lisa can give us some good news about the side effects because all I'm hearing is bad bad bad. Lol.

Haha you girls are making me laugh. :D

I can give you good news (though keep in mind I'm on only 25 mg and most girls start at 50)....my most noticeable side effect is that I'm SO THIRSTY for about a week after my pills! :dohh: So random! Haha. Some minor hot flashes, that I didn't really think were hot flashes. LOL. I pictured them like dripping sweat practically ripping your clothes off. Mine weren't like that. :rofl: I was at work and I would be like, "It's hot in here!" and the girls I share my office with wouldn't agree. So after a few days I realized it was the Clomid. Haha. But it wasn't unbearable. That was maybe 3-4 days during the week after I took the pills too. No headaches or anything. Maybe a little more emotional than usual? But really it's hard to tell. This cycle the week after my pills my closest friend at work had just announced her pregnancy to everyone at work (I already knew) and I burst into tears 2x at work when people made a comment to me about "being next" or whatever. I wasn't moody like bitchy, maybe moody like weepy. But again, that may have not been due to the Clomid. :haha: Don't read too much, then you'll just freak yourself out and start imagining symptoms.

As far as just Clomid vs. Clomid + IUI -- It seems like Clomid +IUI is more commonly done for girls who ovulate on their own consistently. Like you Ash & Daisy. (I have a close friend who was trying for 18 months and her FS was going to do CLomid + IUI, but she ended up getting pregnant the cycle before that was going to happen!) But for me, I'm not always ovulating, so the first thing is to try to fix that problem.

Sunshine - Hang in there!!!

Ash & Daisy - Im super excited for you guys!!!!

HI ladies,
I am due to see my FS at the end of this next week -Feb 17th.
I dont know how I feel about this really. This is when I get the official results from the HSG scan and CD3 bloods.
Just typing in this is starting to make me a bit nervous now. I really dont know why!

At my first appointment, she did say they might just do these tests and then wait a few more months before starting any treatment. I suppose that is to see if the HSG scan does it trick or not. In a way I think I would be fine with that. Esp seeing that we are getting married next April. I really dont want a new baby there. I sometimes feel that the reason for this is a bit selfish but I would like time after having the baby to try to get my figure back for the day of my wedding. Maybe I my thoughts on this will change after having the baby.
I dont know.
Is there any one else TTCing so close to their wedding?

I had my HSG on Wednesday, praying it does the trick and I get my bfp before fs appointment in March.

:dust: to all.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->