Hoping for an HSG baby! Anyone else?!

Hi girls I've been stalking your thread for the past few days and am interested in the Clomid discussion. I always thought Clomid was just for people that didn't ovulate but it seems some of you do so I was just wondering what else it helps with?

It helps to generate more than one egg each time you do ovulate, so the :spermy: has more than 1 target, and therefore you can increase your chances that at least 1 egg gets fertilized and implants. It also boosts progesterone and can help with LPD.

In my case, I'm taking it in conjucntion with doing IUI, so it's primarily to increase the odds that the IUI will be successful (again, more than 1 egg = more than 1 chance for a baby).

hey girls, can i join ya? im getting ready to start my 9th round of clomid.. i've had 2 chemical pregnancies and 1 tubal. all on 150mg of clomid.. next step doc wants to do is an hsg.. i work in the xray dept so i know what they all in tale but still scared to get it done.. the doc tested my chromosomes and they are alright, still waiting on my husbands to come back.. my doc thinks that my first two where tubal also but my body got rid of them on its own, since nothing ever showed up on ultrasound.. so he thinks my tubes arent opened enough.. so we are just waiting for my next cycle to come and hopefully it comes on its own..[-o<

gl to everyone on here :dust:

Welcome EJ!!
SO sorry to hear about the chemical's and tubal!! :hugs:
Have you been booked in for the HSG scan yet?

Hope its good news when you have your HSG.

I was scared to have mine done, but it was the possibility of receiving bad news. The HSG its self was fine and mildly uncomfortable. x

Hi ladies! I have a question. I've had a regular 30/31 day cycle pretty much since I got off BC in 2009. Well I got AF Oct 25 then didn't get one in Nov but it came Dec 25th and now I have not had one again. Getting :BFN:s so I don't know whats going on. I had an HSG done on Jan 3rd and everything was clear and looked good! I'm going to see my GP on the 17th, although I got a call that she will be out until further notice so I have to see one of her partners, which I'm not to thrilled about because she knows nothing about me but I'm trying to prepare what to say to her to make sure she knows my concerns. Anyways my question is, should I ask for some tests and if so what kind? We have been TTC for 10 months, and we are growing more and more anxious to get pregnant as I'm sure you ladies are as well! I'm also planing on asking for some meds to help us as the next step. I've noticed a lot of ladies talking about clomid so I may ask if thats an option for me. We are thinking of IUI but are wanting to try something like clomid first and see how that goes, but obviously I need to find out whats going on with my disappearing cycles!!

Any replies or advice is much appreciated!:flower:

Hi ladies! I have a question. I've had a regular 30/31 day cycle pretty much since I got off BC in 2009. Well I got AF Oct 25 then didn't get one in Nov but it came Dec 25th and now I have not had one again. Getting :BFN:s so I don't know whats going on. I had an HSG done on Jan 3rd and everything was clear and looked good! I'm going to see my GP on the 17th, although I got a call that she will be out until further notice so I have to see one of her partners, which I'm not to thrilled about because she knows nothing about me but I'm trying to prepare what to say to her to make sure she knows my concerns. Anyways my question is, should I ask for some tests and if so what kind? We have been TTC for 10 months, and we are growing more and more anxious to get pregnant as I'm sure you ladies are as well! I'm also planing on asking for some meds to help us as the next step. I've noticed a lot of ladies talking about clomid so I may ask if thats an option for me. We are thinking of IUI but are wanting to try something like clomid first and see how that goes, but obviously I need to find out whats going on with my disappearing cycles!!

Any replies or advice is much appreciated!:flower:

Hi AMN,
I would start by asking for blood tests to check for PCOS (Polycyctic Ovarian Syndrome). That is if you havent been diagonosed with that already.
GL.

I havent scheduled it yet. Just waiting on my next cycle, that in itself is awful cuz I never know if I'm gonna start on my own.. but im counting down the days and might start taking provera a cpl days before so I know I will start it.. fingers crossed

Hi ladies! Hope all is well with everyone!!
Just got my HSG results...doc said everything was all clear! She also reviewed my CD3 bloods....everything is normal except Prolactin levels were a tiny bit high...which I re did them today...she said it was probably because I ate late the night before...which I did. Other than that....I am probably just missing my so called fertile days. Once DH goes in for a SA and she gets the results...thats when we will continue to figure out whats taking so long. I am happy to know im so far ok. Makes me feel like my BFP is a bit closer.
I got a smiley OPK CD9...super early for me....I usually dont O until a week after my smiley OPK, but I got a temp rise today! I am hoping my temps keep going up and I O this time.

Fx'd for O! I'm happy your HSG results were all good and even IF you have a prolactin problem then you're still closer to your bfp because a prolactin problem is easy to fix =D I have that! Lol.

Stinas, are you also getting worked up for your thyroid, fasting glucose and insulin levels? And are you getting a scan of your ovaries to rule out PCOS? Just some other things to test..

Oh and I finally O'ed ladies - thank GOD. I'm in the TWW now.

Thanks skweek35. I have not been diagnosed with PCOS. I donated eggs to my sister a year ago and I had to have constant ultrasounds on my ovaries. The FS we worked with said my ovaries looked great and I had a ton of eggs. Never said anything about any cysts. But maybe I have them now? I don't know much about PCOS. AF did show up today though. I guess I will find out whats going on soon. In the meantime, I'm TRYING not to stress over it all!

Oh and hi ashknowsbest! I haven't talked to you in a while! Hope all is well!! :flower:

Hi AMN!! Nice to see you on here again. Unfortunately I'm still not pregnant but I'm getting ready to do my first round of clomid and IUI so we'll see how that goes!

Thanks skweek35. I have not been diagnosed with PCOS. I donated eggs to my sister a year ago and I had to have constant ultrasounds on my ovaries. The FS we worked with said my ovaries looked great and I had a ton of eggs. Never said anything about any cysts. But maybe I have them now? I don't know much about PCOS. AF did show up today though. I guess I will find out whats going on soon. In the meantime, I'm TRYING not to stress over it all!

I absolutely LOVE that you donated eggs to your sister. That's amazing. :hugs:

ashknowsbest- Good luck! The IUI is probably in our near future if no luck soon!

Lisa- I would do it all over again for her! She tried for years, had many tests, seen different doctors and finally found out it was her eggs that we no good. They were maturing too fast. She is 31 and now the proud mama of her first, 2 month old baby boy! They have 2 more embryos left so there will be more to come hopefully!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->