Hoping in November - 148 testers so far, 31 BFP, 4 angel babies

Feeling kinda down after I went to the doctor today. They did a urine test and it came back inconclusive. The doctor said there was a faint line and asked a bunch of questions. Using my date of conception of September 26th and my known lmp of September 9th, she determined that I am only 3.5 weeks along gestational age and their tests aren't solid until at least 4 weeks.

I showed her the photos I took of the positive FRER's and she recommended I come back in a week or two for a second test for confirmation if I don't start spotting before then. My husband said that it sounded like she definitely thinks its positive, but doesn't want to get my hopes too high since I'm only 4 days late for my period.

What do I do now?

Feeling kinda down after I went to the doctor today. They did a urine test and it came back inconclusive. The doctor said there was a faint line and asked a bunch of questions. Using my date of conception of September 26th and my known lmp of September 9th, she determined that I am only 3.5 weeks along gestational age and their tests aren't solid until at least 4 weeks.

I showed her the photos I took of the positive FRER's and she recommended I come back in a week or two for a second test for confirmation if I don't start spotting before then. My husband said that it sounded like she definitely thinks its positive, but doesn't want to get my hopes too high since I'm only 4 days late for my period.

What do I do now?

You just pray time goes really fast? Fingers crossed 4 u. Have u done another frer or digi since?

Jrepp - With my kiddo I started spotting at 13 dpo (got a BFP at 11 dpo). I was still a day out from missing my period, but because I had a positive test they wanted me to come in. I went in and they basically looked up there and said "Yeah we can see that there is some spotting, but it's too early for an ultrasound."

So they gave me a urine test and told me that the line was faint and that unless they have a strong line they don't consider me pregnant but "in limbo". At that point they sent me for a beta test to see if my counts were doubling. They even told me that with the spotting I had a 50/50 chance of MC.

The next day I got my bloodwork back and my quantitative beta was 62. Turns out the doctor's office uses HPTs that are 100 miu, which is why it was not faint at home (10 miu plus a digi) but it WAS faint at their office. Two days after the first beta I went back and my count was at 150. 8+ months later I had a perfectly healthy little girl.

So don't get down! My spotting it turns out was from implantation and because I had been testing early, they didn't want to consider me pregnant yet. The doctor even half scolded me for testing early!

What do I do now?

You just pray time goes really fast? Fingers crossed 4 u. Have u done another frer or digi since?

I did an FRER 2 days ago and it was still positive. I have some digis at my moms house that I am going to take I think. I showed the doctor the pics of the FRER and she said it had nice progression, and that it is a more sensitive test than they have at the doctor.

Jrepp - With my kiddo I started spotting at 13 dpo (got a BFP at 11 dpo). I was still a day out from missing my period, but because I had a positive test they wanted me to come in. I went in and they basically looked up there and said "Yeah we can see that there is some spotting, but it's too early for an ultrasound."

So they gave me a urine test and told me that the line was faint and that unless they have a strong line they don't consider me pregnant but "in limbo". At that point they sent me for a beta test to see if my counts were doubling. They even told me that with the spotting I had a 50/50 chance of MC.

The next day I got my bloodwork back and my quantitative beta was 62. Turns out the doctor's office uses HPTs that are 100 miu, which is why it was not faint at home (10 miu plus a digi) but it WAS faint at their office. Two days after the first beta I went back and my count was at 150. 8+ months later I had a perfectly healthy little girl.

So don't get down! My spotting it turns out was from implantation and because I had been testing early, they didn't want to consider me pregnant yet. The doctor even half scolded me for testing early!

She said they could do a qualitative blood test, but then changed her mind and told me to wait a week. I haven't had any spotting, and only very mild cramping that comes and goes. The nurse midwife I spoke to on the phone today said that it is very common for some cramping as implantation progresses and the umbilical cord is formed.

Honestly, I've found the doctors to be very skeptical during early pregnancy. We can't even see a doctor unless you're spotting with a positive test before 8 weeks. Seems like anything before that they just brush it off as being so early in pregnancy that it's barely detectable.

Even if you pregnancy is going PERFECT (which I think it probably is), if you don't have dark red lines on a super UN-sensitive test they give you, the don't consider you pregnant. It's stupid, but don't let them get you down. If you take another test at home and the line is still dark or darker than the last time you tested, then your hcg numbers are going in the right direction and that's all that matters!

I know it's hard, but try not to worry. This is SO common that most doctors won't even talk to you so early in pregnancy.

I m.c.ed a week after my first positive about 2 months ago. Didn't even waste my time going to the doctor to be told "there's nothing we can do" they really are so unhelpful in those early days but honestly they are right nothing can be done :/

Honestly, I've found the doctors to be very skeptical during early pregnancy. We can't even see a doctor unless you're spotting with a positive test before 8 weeks. Seems like anything before that they just brush it off as being so early in pregnancy that it's barely detectable.

Even if you pregnancy is going PERFECT (which I think it probably is), if you don't have dark red lines on a super UN-sensitive test they give you, the don't consider you pregnant. It's stupid, but don't let them get you down. If you take another test at home and the line is still dark or darker than the last time you tested, then your hcg numbers are going in the right direction and that's all that matters!

I know it's hard, but try not to worry. This is SO common that most doctors won't even talk to you so early in pregnancy.

Thank you. My husband said no more spending money on tests, but I think I might hit the dollar store for a couple of their tests just to check. A digital is a digital, and I might try to convince my mom into bringing the ones I got in the mail from clear blue over to my place tomorrow when she picks me up for an orthopedic appointment. Until then, I am just going to try to relax. Its hard when your sister is pregnant too.

Fx'd for you! Just keep taking that temp. If it stays at that triphasic level, you have NOTHING to worry about!

Fingers crossed for you! The early days can be so stressful feeling in limbo. Don't worry the dr tests are really ubsenstive. How many days has it been since your first positive hpt?

Fingers crossed for you! The early days can be so stressful feeling in limbo. Don't worry the dr tests are really ubsenstive. How many days has it been since your first positive hpt?

I got the first positive on October 6th, which was 10dpo. It has been 8 days as of today (got it last Sunday)

I'm so devastated.
I just googled the anti inflammatory pills hubby has been on for his back can diminish sperm count and quality :/

No idea when I'm testing yet. My LP is always 12 days but I've O'd on 16, 25 and 36 so depends when I O this time!

What do I do now?

How does that math even make any sense? If she's using the LMP, then you'd be 5 weeks 1 day today. If she's using your ovulation date, you'd be 4 weeks 5 days today. In either case you should get a perfectly clear quantitative (beta) HCG at this point. I'm kind of confused by what she said to you.

Hope it all works out!

What do I do now?

How does that math even make any sense? If she's using the LMP, then you'd be 5 weeks 1 day today. If she's using your ovulation date, you'd be 4 weeks 5 days today. In either case you should get a perfectly clear quantitative (beta) HCG at this point. I'm kind of confused by what she said to you.

Hope it all works out!

maybe she meant post conception?

I'm pretty sure I'll be here in November- I test next week and convinced AF is on her way- usual symptoms. To be fair it was probably a little optimistic to think we'd be successful on the first month.

Thank you ladies. At this point we are chalking it up to a minimal amount of diluted urine that is playing with my head. My hubby let me buy one dollar store test with the promise I would wait until first thing tomorrow to take it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->