Horrible aniexty with 3rd csection

char051585

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forums, but going through and reading everyone's posts are helpful. I'm pregnant with my 4th child 3rd section (1st vaginally, 2nd 18 hours of labor ending in csection, 3rd planned csection) I've been bad and reading horror stories and I'm so scared something is going to happen to me and I'll leave my girls behind. I wanted to get pregnant and are excited for the baby, but my aniexty is through the roof. I'm reading about if the baby plants in the scar tissue, blood clots, hemorraging. You name it, I'm scared. I also lost my mom in March which I believe has also spiked my aniexty of leaving my girls. Any calming stories are greatly appreciated!!

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your mum xxx

Anxiety is completely natural...you're having a major operation! I found I was anxious with my planned section in June, I had an emergency one with my daughter and was drugged up after an unsuccessful,labour and just wanted the whole thing over with so didn't care or know what was happening! This time I found that I was more aware of what was happening which spiked my anxiety.

Once I was there, and the spinal in I felt so much better - you know what's happening, there is no rushing around (my surgeons were talking about their holidays!) and it was as relaxing as it can be. Everyone was wonderful asking if I was ok and as soon as I saw my son I completely calmed down.

I did have some complications in that my bladder had attached to scar tissue so they had to sort that out whilst I was there but it was ok. Complications may happen but the chances of it being severe are small, please don't worry

Xx

Oh bless you ... Anxiety is perfectly natural! I have had 4 sections and apart from my 1st (emergency) they have been wonderful experiences.
When I met with my consultant regarding number 4 she actually said its becoming much more common to see a woman on section 3/4 nowadays.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be just fine x

Thank you both so much. I wish I could enjoy the pregnancy as this is my last, but I can't get the "what if's" out of my head!

I feel the same - so nervous about my section on Tuesday. Like you I'm worried I will be the 'statistic' and leave my son (5) behind and that something will happen to baby. I had an emergency section with my son and it was traumatic. I'm so hoping a planned section will be much better an experience.

Hugs to you x

Aniexty is a horrible thing! My second one, I wasn't that nervous. It actually went very smoothly. I'm sure you'll been fine and you'll be hugging your sweet baby soon enough!! What we do for kids :) hugs back to you!!

I wanted to post after my section! I posted a week ago to say I felt the same and here j am 4 days post op. It honestly was so much better than j imagined. It was calm, everyone was lovely (I held at least four hands during the operation), the process was swift and I had skin to skin first with her in surgery on my chest and immediately in recovery. I felt involved and she was with me all the time.

The day before I was inconsolable with nerves, crying for ages and imagining the worst. But it was ok. The recovery has been ok but j have pain in the scar which is tough. But it's remarkable how quickly I forget I've had huge abdominal surgery. Especially with a toddler to look after too.

So I wanted to come back to say that it will be ok. It's nerve wracking but I was nervous before too and it went well xx

Thank you caz_hills! I keep telling myself everything will be ok. Congrats on your new addition, and I'm happy to hear everything went smoothly!!

I am with everyone else. It's understandable that you are worried, but just imagine how many c sections are performed every day. It is very safe. I am sure that everything will go very smoothly for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->