Horrible first trimester!

MyFavSurprise

Reaction score
Ugh I don't know what the issue is, but I feel absolutely terrible so far this pregnancy. All day nausea, worst when im trying to sleep at night. Food and smell aversions like crazy, im so uncomfortable and always achy and exhausted horribly, I have to sleep aaalllll the time and sometimes it doesn't help.. and now I'm having shortness of breath. The only time I actually feel good is while I'm eating, when I'm done I feel worse!

I loved being pregnant with my son but I just feel like crap this time around...my SO keeps saying "well it is MY baby" and im like oh boy I should have known haha.. he is wild but I love him. I hope this is over soon..

I feel EXACTLY the same! I'm now 7 weeks 4 days and I cannot wait for the first trimester to be over - apparently things get a lot better. My sense of smell is killing me :( food aversions and just like you I have day in day out nausea nonstop. I hope it gets better for both of us soon!

Sorry ladies I felt exactly the same until the day I woke up to go to my 12 week scan and I was fine xxxx

I'm really feeling it too. Seems to be not so bad in the morning and then gets worse throughout the day. Miserable. Have read it tends to peak around 7-8 weeks so really hoping I turn a corner soon. Can't remember what normal is like.

I'm the same girls. I'm laid on the sofa trying to decide if I need to go and throw up or not. I just want to feel normal.

Aww I don't know why it's comforting to know that other people feel the same when I wouldn't wish this on anybody. I haven't actually thrown up yet but every day I fight it and every day I get closer..I know it won't make me feel better so I don't want to give in! Last night I got only halfway through folding laundry when I thought I was gonna lose it, I need so much help right now and I feel so crappy about it, I just lost my job due to the pregnancy and I can't even stay home and get the laundry done. I hope this moves on quickly!

Aww I don't know why it's comforting to know that other people feel the same when I wouldn't wish this on anybody. I haven't actually thrown up yet but every day I fight it and every day I get closer..I know it won't make me feel better so I don't want to give in! Last night I got only halfway through folding laundry when I thought I was gonna lose it, I need so much help right now and I feel so crappy about it, I just lost my job due to the pregnancy and I can't even stay home and get the laundry done. I hope this moves on quickly!

This describes EXACTLY how I feel! :hugs: I haven't actually thrown up yet either but its like every single day I'm fighting it. Saturday night was the closest I've come to it... I spent an hour in the bathroom spitting into the sink (sorry, gross) and crying my eyes out trying to fight the churning. Ughhhh. Its so awful. I'm so over ever single smell making me feel ill and overwhelmed and yes its so hard to even do laundry. My biggest issue right now is cleaning the kitchen because of all the food smells, I can't do it! I'm sorry to hear you lost your job, that's awful that it was because of being pregnant - if your boss fired you for that reason I'm quite sure thats illegal! :nope:

I'm with you ladies. First tri sucks!!

This describes EXACTLY how I feel! :hugs: I haven't actually thrown up yet either but its like every single day I'm fighting it. Saturday night was the closest I've come to it... I spent an hour in the bathroom spitting into the sink (sorry, gross) and crying my eyes out trying to fight the churning. Ughhhh. Its so awful. I'm so over ever single smell making me feel ill and overwhelmed and yes its so hard to even do laundry. My biggest issue right now is cleaning the kitchen because of all the food smells, I can't do it! I'm sorry to hear you lost your job, that's awful that it was because of being pregnant - if your boss fired you for that reason I'm quite sure thats illegal! :nope:

Oh yeah, the smells are killing me, I can't do the dishes either because of it, and my SO's family is Filipino and they cook all kinds of strong smelling food that I usually love but not right now! I actually ran out of the house today trying to escape the smells... I also don't like the way my SO smells right now ugh it's awful and I feel bad about it! He gets so sad that I don't want to kiss him right now, im just glad I got past the not wanting sex part (though, tmi, I think he would like a balance in between since now I won't leave him alone about it).

Yeah, my job... well I was working at walmart, im technically still employed but they won't give me hours because they need disability paperwork filled out..so my doctor finally was able to fill those out but she said no ladder use and no lifting over 10lbs, so I know they won't accommodate for me since they already laughed in my face when I brought a different paper from her saying limited ladder and no heavy lifting. I take the official paperwork in tomorrow so I'm going to have to just quit because this is ridiculous, I know they won't fire me because they don't want to pay unemployment, but last time they were like "no don't quit, jump through hoops for us and exhaust yourself for no reason while we give you no hours!"..or, well, pretty close to it.

Oh yeah, the smells are killing me, I can't do the dishes either because of it, and my SO's family is Filipino and they cook all kinds of strong smelling food that I usually love but not right now! I actually ran out of the house today trying to escape the smells... I also don't like the way my SO smells right now ugh it's awful and I feel bad about it! He gets so sad that I don't want to kiss him right now, im just glad I got past the not wanting sex part (though, tmi, I think he would like a balance in between since now I won't leave him alone about it).

Yeah, my job... well I was working at walmart, im technically still employed but they won't give me hours because they need disability paperwork filled out..so my doctor finally was able to fill those out but she said no ladder use and no lifting over 10lbs, so I know they won't accommodate for me since they already laughed in my face when I brought a different paper from her saying limited ladder and no heavy lifting. I take the official paperwork in tomorrow so I'm going to have to just quit because this is ridiculous, I know they won't fire me because they don't want to pay unemployment, but last time they were like "no don't quit, jump through hoops for us and exhaust yourself for no reason while we give you no hours!"..or, well, pretty close to it.

So good to know its not just me with the smell thing! My OH's family is from Laos so just like you I have to deal with the strong smells when he brings food home and I can't handle it! I also know what you mean about not liking the smell of him, I'm finding it pretty hard to kiss him. I haven't particularly not wanted sex BUT I have cried about it because I've really wanted to but just been so exhausted I couldn't manage it so instead I just cried in OH's arms for a good hour while he was like "it doesn't matter...don't be so sad about it!" He must think I'm insane.
That's so bad about your job :( How stressful. Will you be okay if you are off work and just on your partners income? I know we wouldn't be if I stopped working so I know the stress

I was like that with my son, I tried sickness bands and eating ginger biscuits but nothing worked. Found eating as soon as I woke helped, just a plain cracker or two and I ate small amounts but often. I had to graze all day as an empty stomach made me worse. I just wanted to be sick but I never really was just nausea nausea nausea. I'm not 5 weeks yet so those symptoms haven't kicked but I'm expecting the same this time...not looking forward to it.

On the positive side it should disappear around 12/13 week, so there is an end in sight x

Still suffering. Had to take today off work for the first time. Feel exhausted and ill. Got sickness bands but they don't seem to be doing anything for me. Just eating toast, cereal and soup mostly. Can't stand tea, coffee or chocolate at the moment.

Just want this part to be over. I'm miseable :cry:

I find that if I just go with it and throw up I feel so much better afterwards. My 2 year old walks around pretending to throw up all the time too! I can't wait for second trimester, although that was not much better in my last pregnancy. I couldn't stand my hubby until my baby was about 6 weeks old!

I feel the same too, except I am throwing up all day as well as feeling nauseous, today has been the worst day so far I haven't been able to keep a single thing down all day. I'm getting so miserable I just want it to stop!

Im with you girls, today is especially pants. I dont feel sick but feel really bloated and exhausted, have a headache and am having palpitations. Urghhhh, roll on second trimester x

Can someone fast forward us a month?? I'm over feeling terrible. A friend said to put peppermint oil on my belly button, I think it relieved the nausea for a little bit.

Another crap day and another day I couldn't make it to work. I did sleep a lot so at least a little less tired. Tomorrow brings more fun with visitors for three nights. Cooking will be fun - and I'll be keeping it secret from them :(

Another crap day and another day I couldn't make it to work. I did sleep a lot so at least a little less tired. Tomorrow brings more fun with visitors for three nights. Cooking will be fun - and I'll be keeping it secret from them :(

Oh my!!! Im so sorry you have to go thru that i cant even step invthe kitchen let alone cook!!! And then act like nothing is wrong.. I'd get ready made food

LuckyFlutter that will be so hard having visitors! I'm in the same boat next week. A friend and her toddler are coming to stay, must say I'm not looking forward to it. I'm going to tell her though and get pre cooked meals.
I remember 8 weeks was the worst for me last time so I'm hoping it's the same with this one.

I'd love to get ready made food but it's got to be Halal unfortunately :(

I'll do doing a spag bol at some point tomorrow - blahhhh - and then I'll have to eat some or say I've already eaten depending on what my tummy is doing. I would prob just tell them but they have big mouths and the last thing I want is close family reading it on FB.

I wonder if there is any chance I might just start to feel better?

The week (week 8) has been to worst for me so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->