Horrible first trimester!

Aw, I'm sorry everyone is feeling so awful. I'm feeling terrible as well. I have insane food aversion, exhaustion, achy all over, no amount of sleep helps, tired all day, but insomnia as soon as my head hits the pillow. I'm "luckily" not actually puking, but I often wish I could so that maybe the nausea/food aversion would go away for a while. I've lost 9 lbs in the last few weeks (I'm 7 weeks today). Doctor says it's fine since I'm rather heavy, but if I keep losing at this rate, she's going to put me on daily anti-nausea meds. Right now I just have a bottle of them in case it gets really bad. They also help me to sleep without all the tossing and turning, so I did take one last night (first time I've taken one since getting pregnant this time) and slept without constant tossing and turning for the first time in weeks. I still woke up exhausted!!!

I know how you feel hunybuny! I wish I could throw up sometimes as it might be a relief from the constant nausea. Burritos are helping me at the moment!
I'm sorry you ladies are feeling yucky too but it's nice to be able to share and whine with you all!

My day today, wake up get DS ready for school, but couldn't stop being sick for long enough to take him, so had to ask neighbour to take him along with her daughter, then sleep for an hour, wake up, throw up, sleep for an hour, wake up, throw up.... And so on allllllll day! I'm not sure how long I can do this for, I don't want to sleep all day but can't help it, I can eat or drink anything during the day at the moment, till about 5/6 pm and even then it's risky. Ok rant over, I'm just so so jealous of people who don't go through all this :(

Mandy that sounds awful. Was your ms as bad with your DS? How many weeks are you? Poor thing!

I remember it being bad last time but my doctor prescribed me metoclopramide, which helped loads, I've got it this time too, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I'm 10+2

Hopefully you've only got another 2 weeks or so. Hope you have a better day today!

I'm a little over 8 weeks. I feel awful sick 24/7 it doesn't even calm if I eat. I'm the miserable I've been in a long long time. I have fear of being/feeling sick so I'm in a constant state of anxiety and panic. I have decided I will never ever get pregnant ever again after this. It's put me off for life. With my first pregnancy I felt alittle queasy from 6 to 9 weeks then that was it I was fine. I've had this nausea for a month and it's just getting worse everyday. I'm physically and mentally exhausted. Haven't been able to look after my son his with my parents at the moment as i can barely look after myself :'-(

You poor thing Keza. Have you spoken to your midwife/dr? That sucks that eating doesn't help. When I'm having a bad day I'm also thinking 'I'm never getting pregnant again!' maybe you're having a girl this time!

Yep I caved yesterday and got medicine for sickness. I haven't tried it yet. He said there arnt any guarantees. I'm thinking girl too because of feeling so unwell. But not sure as my husbands family is full of boys.

I hope the meds help, Keza. Good luck with them. :hugs:

My doctor gave me some Phenergan on Tuesday (well, the generic of it) and though it definitely helps with the nausea and stomach pain, it doesn't help with the food aversion and it totally knocks me out. Took one before dinner Wednesday night, still couldn't get much down, laid down to nap after and woke up around 13? 14? hours later, still exhausted. Made it part way through the day and got so light headed I almost passed out. Went home and slept the rest of the day. Still was a mess afterwards. Plus I've been having tons of panic attacks thinking something is wrong with the baby. Doctor keeps trying to assure me that the panic is normal with my history, but that knowledge is not really helping. I'm so glad I don't have any other kids or have to work right now, I'm barely functioning as is.

I was dreading the cooking etc for our guests yesterday and it was tough. But once it was ready I felt like eating it and did yay! Felt much better in the evening and even went to bed later. Today feeling so much better than I have in so long. Able to keep most sickness under control by snacking. Looks like placenta is starting to do its thinh. Been sick almost right from the start. Please let me get some normality back fingers crossed x

how is everyone else doing?

That's great LuckyFlutter! I really hope this is the end of the awful nausea for you. There's no better feeling waking up bs feeling good! Good on you for cooking! a friend came over yesterday who told me is also 7 weeks pregnant so it was great to talk to her. Her nausea has already pretty much gone. So jealous!! Have I mentioned I hate the first tri?! ☺️

That's awesome, LuckyFlutter! I hope your relief continues! :happydance: And props to you for being able to cook for other people. That's some dedication right there.

I'm feeling a little better today, too. DH made potatoes last night and told me I had to at least try to eat some. OMG- it was amazing. That potato was the first thing I've eaten that has actually tasted good in weeks. Not bearable, not slightly edible, but actually good. I still woke up sick again this morning, but after eating the potato last night, I felt great for a couple hours before going to bed and it's made today seem a lot less crappy. DH is going to make me another potato for lunch today. Hopefully it goes just as well. If it does, I might be living off them for a while.

Did you have anything on your potato, hunybuny? Sounds good! I might try one!

Yesterday, DH sauteed halved fingerling potatoes in butter and then salted them. He gave them to me with a little cup of creme fraiche (sp?) mixed with dill. It was amazing.

Today I ate a baked potato with butter, cheese, and sour cream. It wasn't as delicious as what DH made last night, but it did taste good and I was able to eat the whole thing without feeling sick. I don't know if I will do so many toppings at once next time, it was a little heavy in my stomach, but I wanted to get as close to 500 calories down as I could, and with all of it together, I made it to 480.

The baked potato was easier for me to make since I could put it in the oven and not have to smell it while it cooked. I'm not sure how well I would have done if I had to sauté something. I'm still not doing well with the smell of food cooking.

I've also found that, for the most part, fruit is sitting okay with me the last couple days, so I have a bowl of peaches, plums, apricots, etc, on the kitchen counter.

The things I really cannot get down at this point are cooked veggies, meat, soups, anything with spices in it, and anything "eclectic". (I am really not up for trying new things right now.) If I avoid those, and I don't let myself get near the smell of food cooking, it seems like I might be able to function.

Well today I tried my reglan anti sickness medicine and it gave me relief for about an hour. I ate more today but instead of feeling sick constantly from hunger pangs in my stomach I felt sick with bloating and the food never settled. Feel like im fighting a losing battle. Back to hunger sickness tonight. Just want it to end so I can get my son back.

So good to know its not just me with the smell thing! My OH's family is from Laos so just like you I have to deal with the strong smells when he brings food home and I can't handle it! I also know what you mean about not liking the smell of him, I'm finding it pretty hard to kiss him. I haven't particularly not wanted sex BUT I have cried about it because I've really wanted to but just been so exhausted I couldn't manage it so instead I just cried in OH's arms for a good hour while he was like "it doesn't matter...don't be so sad about it!" He must think I'm insane.
That's so bad about your job :( How stressful. Will you be okay if you are off work and just on your partners income? I know we wouldn't be if I stopped working so I know the stress

Unfortunately not really, money was already tight but it was working, he works two jobs all day and night while I sleep at home and can't get anything done and feel terrible about it :growlmad: but he insists it will be okay.. im tired of staying home but with how awful I feel I don't know how I could work at Walmart right now. With my son I had an office job and I was typically the only one in the office so I snuck naps here and there..and I didn't feel this awful. Anyway, I'm actually having to apply for state assistance and we have to put off getting married so that we can get the assistance until the baby is born..not what we wanted but we will probably get married in December since my due date is Dec 30th though we were hoping to do it sooner.

Ahhh another wipe out day again for me today. Hurry up placenta!

I've been useless the last few days, I haven't even left the house. I'm so looking forward to being a fun, energetic mummy again soon.

Ugh I'm sorry you're all going through it too but at the same time I'm glad that I'm not the only one feeling useless...I actually put away the laundry last night and went to the dentist and the store today, very productive compared to what I've been doing the last few weeks..now I'm completely wiped out

BTW bunyhuny, I can't stop thinking about the baked potatoes since you posted about them...I can't believe I forgot to buy potatoes today...that sounds amazing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->