Horrible first trimester!

I'm so sorry everyone is feeling so awful. I really did not expect pregnancy to be so hard. None of my friends ever had it this bad.

Keza- I'm glad you were able to get some food down. Hopefully you will find something that you can eat with the meds that will settle right. That's great you got some relief though.

Surprise- Yay for being able to be productive! Isn't it just such a sense of accomplishment? You have to pick up some potatoes if you can remember. Yesterday I had a small plate of cheesy fries for lunch. Yes, the nausea stayed with me through the meal, but I had no trouble swallowing and the fries tested good. Highly recommend!

I made it to my acupuncture appt today, plus got to the pharmacy and the grocery. It mentally felt really good to be able to get up and get thing done. It also felt like I was doing something healthy to be able to walk around a bit even if it did make the nausea worse.

I've been feeling pretty bad about myself with how little I've been getting out of the house (not to mention, out of bed) lately. Is anyone else getting down on themselves? My acupuncturist says to stay in bed all I want if it helps me to not feel so sick, but I feel so judgey towards myself about it. Still, after all the errands today, I was so exhausted and sick feeling, I had no choice but to make my way home and collapse into bed for the rest of the day.

In other news, I've found a few more things I can (usually) eat:

Pretty much anything with potatoes as the main part: baked potato, potato skins, cheese fries, etc.
Chicken Parmesan TV Dinners (with noodles removed)
Cheesy Rice TV Dinners (with chicken removed)
Cherry Garcia Ice Cream (Ben & Jerry's)
Coconut Cream Frozen Bars
Strawberry Juice mixed with Fizzy Water
Tortillas with Hummus

Popping in from 2nd tri to give some :hugs: and encouragement.
I had HG and was so incredibly sick first tri, vomiting 20+ times a day, it was awful! Even when I didn't eat I would vomit bile. I ended up being hospitalized and having a PICC line inserted but even then I was still miserable. So I can definitely relate to how you all are feeling. Oh and the smells...holy cow that was horrid as well...
Anyway, I remember in the thick of it all feeling like I would never feel normal again but it did pass and by 20 weeks I was feeling pretty good! It happens even sooner for most people. You got this ladies, just have to get through a few more weeks and it will be worth it :thumbup:

How's everyone doing? Gosh, macydarling, that sounds awful! So glad you're feeling better now.
When I saw my OB she gave me some anti nausea meds called Diclegis. They are classed as A so that makes me feel ok about taking them. The first few days I was quite drowsy but my nausea really settled down. It seems to have come back today but not as bad as it was. So I'm not as miserable! Yay!
Hoping everyone is feeling ok xx

Having a much better day today - from 9 weeks I seem to have good and bad days - so now I feel I can 'manage' at least. House is a total mess though! So tired I can't face doing much.

That's great that you're having some good days Luckyflutter. According to my dating scan I'm technically 9 weeks today. It almost feels like that's the tail end of first tri!!

Blah another crap day today - sickness go away!!

Had first scan yesterday - it was so lovely. Just wish I could feel better so I could enjoy these last few weeks of keeping it secret.

I got a b6/b12 shot on Saturday (had missed them the previous 2 weekends) and woke up Sunday feeling a LOT better. My OB had said getting back to my shots should help with the m/s and she was right. I'm still feeling super picky about what I eat, and am still having minimal bursts of nausea here and there, but compared to the last couple weeks, this week has been heaven. I just hope Baby is okay. I'm so nervous with the sickness getting so much better so quickly.

I also had no idea that missing a couple shots could make me so incredibly sick. My b12 clinic requires a doctor's note at 6 weeks saying it's okay to continue the injections through the pregnancy (for insurance reasons), so I had asked my perinatologist to send in the note since he was the doctor I saw at 6 weeks. He said okay and was supposed to put in the approval, but he totally lied to me! Apparently, he thinks extra vitamins are quackery- even though I have multiple medical conditions that make it so I don't process b12 correctly from food!! After telling me he was going to put in the "injections during pregnancy" approval, he instead wrote the b12 clinic a note saying that no one needs that much b12 and that he doesn't think anyone should get b12 shots. I had no idea he did that, so when I went in for my weekly injection at 6+4, and they said I couldn't have it! A couple days later, I got really sick.

Finally, I was able to talk to my OB about it on 8+1 and get a note (because she thinks I definitely SHOULD be getting the injections) and was able to schedule an injection for 8+2. Within 24 hours, my insomnia calmed down, my severe nausea and dizziness went away, my terrible anxiety cleared up, and I've only had about one bad stomach ache a day since then, and usually only for an hour. Oh, and I'm actually sleeping for more than an hour at a time again.

So yeah, I likely had a week and a half of being bedridden and going through total hell, simply because the stupid perinatologist wouldn't let me get my vitamin injections. So angry! I just hope missing the injections didn't hurt the baby.

Hi again!
I'm now 10 weeks 2 days and I can very gladly say that I no longer feel nauseous 24/7. It's been about a week since I last threw up and although at least a couple of times a day I feel nauseous it's definitely temporary - for my first 7/8 weeks I woke up sick and still felt sick when I went to sleep that night! Smells still really bother me and I have plenty of aversions still going but its not to the same extent - I still hold my nose when I walk into the kitchen but if I happen to smell something my nose doesn't like it no longer sends me running for the bathroom, it just kind of puts me in a bad mood temporarily haha.
The pregnancy app I have actually said that week 10 will likely be the most morning sickness week so far but actually its been my least sick. I probably feel even more tired this week and more emotional but thank god less sick!
Hope everyone else is doing well xx

Yay that's great pradabooties! So glad you're getting some relief from the nausea. 👍🏻
Bunyhuny those shots sound great! I'm taking a med with B6 in them and I know they're making a difference. So glad I have them!
Yay for your first scan LuckyFlutter! Makes it feel so much more real. You're so close to 12 weeks!
As of yesterday the days are much better. Im actually getting out with my toddler and having fun again! But the nights are still no fun. Still, I'm so happy to be getting some relief! Back to the OB next Tuesday for the bloods then before long it will be my 12 weeks scan. Can't wait!

pradabooties- Yay for less morning sickness! Having good days is the best!

Lucy3- I've heard good things about that b6 medicine. I'm glad it's working for you! :happydance: Congrats on having some good days. Aren't they wonderful? I too have been getting the evening sickies on my good days- but it's soooo much better than the all day kind.

AFM: Today was rough again- another all day sick day. It was nowhere near as bad as last week, but I think maybe waiting a full week for the injections isn't going to work. Either that or they need to be closer together at first to replenish the vitamins Baby took from me. Will see if I can get in tomorrow for the next on instead of Saturday. Ended up taking a Zofran so I could eat dinner. It worked, but my insurance only covers 12 tabs a month of it, so I have to use it sparingly.

I'm 11 weeks this morning and I'm feeling quite close to normal - fingers crossed it lasts the day! Might even do a few jobs I haven't been able to think about til now

Feeling so normal today that it started to worry me!! Checked on the doppler and could hear a lovely heartbeat. Hopefully this is my transition into feeling great for second tri! How are is everyone else doing?

I'm so sorry you are feeling so sick, and then to have the stress of your job on top of it. :hugs:

That's great LuckyFlutter!! Yippee! Sounds like your placenta is doing its thing 👍🏻 have you got your 12 week scan booked in?
I'm starting to see little glimmers of hope but still mainly feeling yuck. But I'm so happy to be so near to 10 weeks!

My sickness seems to have returned :nope: apparently it can come back in the 3rd tri. Boo!

Waves of nausea again later on - but certainly getting less now! Yes got my 12 week scan on 16th June. Also waiting on Harmony results coming back next week - if they are ok we will tell some family next weekend and then everyone else after 12-week scan.

Anyone else got their 12-week scan dates coming up?

Oh no macydarling!! I can't imagine being big and uncomfortable AND having morning sickness return. You poor thing! 😫

Thanks Lucy :hugs: I hope you all are feeling better soon. You have 2nd tri to look forward to :) kicks and bumps and gender reveals!

Oh I can't wait!! I get so excited around the gender reveal time... And nervous!! I really hope that nasty ms of yours vanishes again. You must be looking forward to having your lo on the outside!

Will you find out the gender as soon as you are able or are you team yellow? They offered me a genetic screening blood test that also told gender and I was like heck yes! So I found out at about 15 weeks. I'm definitely looking forward to having Noah in my arms. I don't know what I expected but being pregnant is harder than I thought it would be lol. You have good times coming though weeks 21-26 were my favorite, I felt most like myself :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->