Horrible news from my doctor. Please don't judge. Need help and support.

yourstruly10

Reaction score
Hello ladies

I have had a horribly rough day. I could cry all night and probably will. After getting what I thought were faint positives I went to my doctors to get checked up. Turbs out his tes was negative but In march I went in for a pap and apparently some results had come back but I was never called. Turns out my ex boyfriend gave me chlamydia and I've now had it at least 7 months untreated. My doctor then told me left untreated that long it can cause PID(pelvic inflammatory disease) and infertility. I'm freaking out now that ill meet be able to have another baby. We were told to try for 6 months and if nothing happens I may have permanently blocked tubes and be infertile :( I suppose I should say both OH and I were treated for the STD today and it should be gone in a week but it can still cause permanent damage :(

I doubt that there will be anyone who can share hope from experience. I just need some support right now :,(

I'm sorry hun :hugs: some guys are nasty (my ex husband cheated on me with a "friend" in our house while I was sleeping) keep hope and don't give up...:flower:

Hugs. But the great thing is that now you know and you can treat it. Is there anyone they can test for PID?

They won't check for PID until I've had 6 unsuccessful months of trying. They will have to do a scan and check my tubes reproductive organs for inflammation and tissues damage.

im sorry to hear that but as far as i no a dr is still meant to give you meds to try treat it of not to late or something

https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Chlamydia

I got the meds today for me and my fiancé. We took them tonight and I go back for a follow up I a few weeks. Having it for more then 6 months can cause you to get PID however which can cause permanent scaring to your Fallopian tubes and more. The STD is treated and gone after a week but the affects of having it so long can be permanent.

In January after my LAP they tried to say I had PID from something I had almost over 5 years ago. Just make sure you take the antibiotics that they give you, and see if they can prescribe some while your TTC to help keep any type of infection out of your reproductive system (I continue to take them 3x's a week).. I took some enzymes that helped clear/unblock my tubes and get rid of the infection. And I also brought some vitamins I take once a day, they help keep with the reproductive system as well. I wish you the best of luck and pray you get your :bfp:

I personally dont think they should make u wait 6 months, because if you did get PID, and if it did affect you, you would want to know now, so that way you can what you have to do instead of wasting time, maybe you should see about going to another doctor and getting your tubes checked out.

Thanks AmorT. I will look into going to see another doctor. The doctor I see today had been my doctor since I was 7( am now 24) and as much as I trust him I'm still worried. He seems to think ill be fine and that I'm young and healthy but I'm thinking she doesn't matter for this kind of thing.

PID is quite painful so unless you have been having bad pelvic pains I would say you don't have PID. I'm a sonographer and commonly scan for PID and these patients are normally pretty unwell. Good luck! I'm sure it will be fine xx

I had it for what must have been about 2 years untreated after a random one night stand before I met my husband. You should be fine.

I would get a second opinion!
I had a friend who had it untreated for years and she has 2 healthy kids now. It's a very common desease that often goes untreated. If it would make you infertile that easy a lot more women in the world would have to be infertile as well!

Thanks AmorT. I will look into going to see another doctor. The doctor I see today had been my doctor since I was 7( am now 24) and as much as I trust him I'm still worried. He seems to think ill be fine and that I'm young and healthy but I'm thinking she doesn't matter for this kind of thing.

The doctor who diagnosed me was my doctor since I was about 13. Sometimes doctor's aren't always right, she told me that I would never conceive on my own and that my tubes we're no good, so I switched doctors. They feel because we are "young" , that we have time, but I feel the sooner the best .. and it doesn't hurt to get a second opinion from another doctor. Have you tried going to see a RE, do that and try to get an HSG test done.

Keep your chin up hun! As was said definitely get a second opinion. First of all if you do have pid, if you were not trying to conceive shouldn't they treat you anyway for it soon as? I can imagine how upset you are but everything will be ok, your just thinking of the worse case which is understandable. I really hope you feel better soon x

Thanks ladies. I appreciate all the advice and help and support. Feeling a little better this morning. I've never had any symptoms of PID but my doctor did say women who get it from chlamydia are less likely to have any symptoms from it. I am going to continue to hold out hope for this month.

AF is due in 6 days. My cervix is high closed and tilted back and bit and I've had bad acne, bloating and fatigue. Plus a UTI which I never get those so who knows.

If nothing happens this month I will be in to a new doctor ASAP.

Hope everything works out for you :hugs:

I'd make a serious complaint about your doctor, not to pass on details about your health as soon as they come in is dangerous.

Hope everything works out for you :hugs:

I'd make a serious complaint about your doctor, not to pass on details about your health as soon as they come in is dangerous.

It wasn't my doctors mistake it's was the public health offices fault. They did not contact him when they had the results. They only came through to his office this week.

PID is quite painful so unless you have been having bad pelvic pains I would say you don't have PID. I'm a sonographer and commonly scan for PID and these patients are normally pretty unwell. Good luck! I'm sure it will be fine xx

I was going to say the exact same thing!!!! PID is very painful. When I worked in the GYN office, we would see the girls come through there almost waddling because it hurt so bad. The CDC and WebMD have some pretty good information on it.

Hi yourstruly, I had chlamydia for at least 12 months and to be honest had totally forgotten about it until I read ur post. I came off cerazette nearly 9 weeks ago and haven't had at yet. I had an ultrasound last year and found out that I have pco and will have a blood test in 4 weeks to see if I have a hormone imbalance. I am going to mention the fact that I had chlamydia for a long time too. I really hope ur tubes are fine. I think like everything is stacked against me now!!! Please let me know how u get on xxx

i can giv u some advice hun ive had pid from chlamydia, basically id had it for a year an a half without realising from my my current partner who didnt know either as i got it at the beginnimg of our relationship and had no symptoms really. id been tested a month after we got together so thTs the reason i assumed i was clear but it layed dormant. i fell pregnant 7 months after we got together but sadly misscarried ,anyway i got pid after a year and a half of having chlamydia i still had no idea i had it untill docter made me retest when i came in to see him with the pain which was unbearable i could hardly walk up the stairs my skin went yellow i had diareaha fevers etc, worst iv ever felt they treated me with antibiotics and it went for a few weeks only to come back again! this went on for 3 months untill i got referred to hospital but in that time i got my first proper period in a year due to chlamydia stopping them and i fell preg! i did misscarry again but it goes to show my tubes are working fine and i had pid really bad. it was very painful wen i fell preg so i think its why i misscarried but its settled now was probably to soon to fall preg so basically i wouldnt worry as you have treated the chlamydia before its had a chance to turn to pid which is what can block your tubes with scarring i know how shit it feels i was depressed for months over it thinking i was infertile but as long as they catch pid in time with antibiotics its unlikely to do damage. also mine took a year and a half to get to pid stage i really think youll be fine and youd know about it if you get it so i dont know why they said you could have it nowx x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->