Hospital bag..

Jft1

Reaction score
Do you take one bag or two? I don't know why I'm over thinking this, but originally I had packed two carry on size cases - one for me and one for baby. But now I'm wondering if two is overkill and I should try to fit it all into one bag?

I took the changing bag with babys stuff and a smallish gym bag for myself

With my 1st I took everything. Diapers, wipes, clothes, bottles, pump, pacifiers, everything I could think of. Ya I didn’t need anything but clothes for me, shower stuff for me, going home outfit for our baby and the car seat.

Don't judge me but I have 3 :haha: I have the one suitcase it has all my clothes/pjs/dressing gown/slippere and babys clothes/blankets in, I have a changing bag for baby with nappies/wipes/muslins in and I have a weekend bag with all my toiletries/makeup/maternity pads in, I didn't want to put my toiletries in my our clothes as knowing my luck something would leak haha! I'll take photos for you what I've got in mine and send them to you soon 3 sounds like a lot but I got everything into the one small suitcase, and taking the extra 2 bags which are not that big to separate everything x

I take 2; small cabin suitcase for me and baby changing bag for baby.

I took a suitcase and a changing bag and I was in hospital for 7 days in total. Oh I also took my small bag with books magazines and my meds in.

I have 1 ¹/² hahahaha. 1 big bag with my clothes, toilet bag,baby clothes and sheets and a spare towel for baby incase she poops on the 1st or something. Then I have a small labour room bag, with her first clothes, towel, diapers, wipes and bath things.
After delivery the remainjng from the small bag will go inside the big bag.
Oh, and I have a small empty bag for dirty things, panties and clothes and stuff

We would always take the diaper bag, a bag for myself, and a bag for hubby. I think this time though, we're going to do one large bag for baby and myself (we didn't really need diaper bag) and a bag for hubby.

With my son I brought 3 bags, one for my boyfriend, 1 for myself, and 1 for my son. I ended up not really needing anything for my son other than the car seat and a take home outfit. I'm not sure what it's like anywhere else but in the United States they provided diapers, wipes, blankets, and the little hats. Which is all I really needed for my son while we were in the hospital. Next time around I'm only going to pack a take home blanket and outfit, probably end up putting them in my bag. I breastfed my son so I'm not really sure what they provide if you decide to bottle feed.

How many nighties did you take? Someone just said to me they were taking 3 as they'll get changed during labour if they're sweating etc. Maybe I'm stupid, but I didn't think getting changed would even cross your mind during labour? I've taken one night gown for labour and then pyjamas for afterwards. Does this make sense?

How many nighties did you take? Someone just said to me they were taking 3 as they'll get changed during labour if they're sweating etc. Maybe I'm stupid, but I didn't think getting changed would even cross your mind during labour? I've taken one night gown for labour and then pyjamas for afterwards. Does this make sense?

I've only ever took one nighty to give birth in hun, you sweat, you get covered in blood and guts and god knows what, but last thing I want to do or care about is getting changed into something clean hahaha! :haha: x

:rofl::mrgreen:](*,)](*,)](*,)
I've only ever took one nighty to give birth in hun, you sweat, you get covered in blood and guts and god knows what, but last thing I want to do or care about is getting changed into something clean hahaha! :haha: x
Thanks hun. I'm sure you can guess who's told me they're taking three to get changed during labour haha x

:rofl::mrgreen:](*,)](*,)](*,)
Thanks hun. I'm sure you can guess who's told me they're taking three to get changed during labour haha x

Hahahaha yes!!! I know exactly who your on about:rofl: x

Lol..... :rofl:
The last thing I would even think about during labor. I take it this will be her first baby?

I'd rather be naked than to go through the hassle of getting changed during labour! :haha:

I ended up naked during labour with my first. Can't even remember how or why :haha:

I had a scruffy pyjama top on that actually had to get thrown in the bin after giving birth because it was stained. The midwife even binned my socks because my waters went all over my feet :rofl:
I can't imagine wanting to get changed during labour or even thinking about it if I'm honest!

Agree with @HLx .. you get covered in some yucky stuff so it's really not worth faffing with different clothes!

It's her first so she has no clue. It's my first too but even I'm not that naive thinking I'll have a costume change during the birth haha!
Yeah, I plan to throw away the one I'm wearing, it can get covered in whatever and then got in he bin lol

Is it sick that I still have my nightie I gave birth to my first baby in? :rofl: my mam washed it and it did wash really well, so I kept it for the memories, i don't wear it though I was a size 6 then it wouldn't go around my left boob anymore, but it stays in my PJ drawer :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->