Hospital Bags

Becci_Boo86

Reaction score
Ok so i want to sort out my hospital bag on weekend.

i just want to know what u have put in your bag?

i have done a separate bag for baby :D

so what have u packed and wht would u not live without in ur Hospital bag?

xx

I just made my list from bits and pieces of lists here and online but I asked my MW last week about it and she said "Make sure what you take is obviously yours - bright colors, odd patterns, obvious name labeling as the linen ladies just scoop everything up."
Also Ask your MW what the hospital provides, my hospital only has second hand baby clothes, cloth nappies and blankets/wraps, I'm glad I don't have to take any wraps or blankies as I'm worried we'll lose them in the linen run, but I do have to stock up on the nappies haha!

There's a sticky at the top of this board dedicated for this purpose. :)

I'll be packing a daddy section. with food and juice for my oh as he don't function if his hungry lol. i will be taking lip balm as my lips dry out terrible. also a sports bottle to drink out of incase i can't sit up properly you can drink out of those easier. xx

I've seen women suggest wipes for toilet as the TP can be like sandpaper, I just thought I might add PH balanced 'femfresh' wipes. They're specifically made for our lady parts :winkwink: so they'll help you downstairs. Baby wipes wont burn but these have chemicals to keep you fresh down there too in case you can't grab a bath or shower when you want.

• Something to wear to birth in that I can throw out after.
  • Plenty of big pants and maternity pads.
  • Enough PJ's/joggers and t-shirts to last two days on the off chance I need a EMCS. I have learned that DH can't be trusted to bring extra. Also some leggings and a long top for in the car ride home.
  • A bag of toiletries. I had a planned c-section with DS1 and I really was very thankful for a shower and can only imagine I would be even more egger after getting covered in gross stuff.
  • A towel.
  • A small handheld fan (DH's idea).
  • A couple of snacks and a small double concentrate bottle of cordial.

I have bag for baby bag for me. In mine I have :
2 nighties with buttons for skin to skin n breastfeeding
2 pairs of socks with grips on soles
1 nursing bra but been advised 2 so may get one more
Lip balm
Hairbrush
Deodorant
Shower gel
Small body lotion
Alice band
Camera
Ipod
Kobo (or kindle)
Medium bath towel
Maternity pads
Breast pads
Ear plugs
Water spray bottle.

Things still to pack
Birth plan
Notes
Thin robe I have ordered
Toothbrush/toothpaste need to buy this weekend.
Snacks like breakfast bars fruit etc.
Phone charger!
Pack of pants I font mind ruining.
Possibly slippers

Oooh the other thing I thought of was hand gel. Just incase

Something that came up in our NCT class that I thought was a good idea - a spare shirt for hubbie. If he's handed baby when it's still a bit bloody/gunky (which he probably will be, he'll want a cuddle ASAP!) then his top can end up looking like he's been in a fight and he'll want something to change into!

Most things ive seen have said for him to pack a little bag of his own

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->