hospitals stopping providing formula

i'm pretty sure someone said before that it was sma and it was actually donated by the company, not sure tho

Yeah someone did say that it is actually provided to the hospitals by the companies trying to get you onto their particular brands anyways, and in that case, they're not really saving money, just being awkward. At the end of the day they provide meals for adults whilst we're there and I agree they should provide it for the child too if someone chooses not the breast feed. Some times people purely don't have a choice about BF, they can't, for medical reasons or because of the pain or for whatever reasons, and they shouldn't be treated in any other way for it.

I think I was given more options than SMA

I have read BOOTS instore are selling these bottles now ...not sure how true & I imagine it sthe big departments.

I have read BOOTS instore are selling these bottles now ...not sure how true & I imagine it sthe big departments.

i was asked which i wonted (jack had one ff when hes blood sugars where low) they had loads cow and gate sma aptimal.

Skipping all the debating.. lol.. wow.

Here they only provide Similac; as I was unconcious my OH asked if we could have him start him on Good Start and they told him No. They said as long as he was in the hospital he would be on Similac. I dont know if it would have been different had we brought in our own though. So, I imagine they get the formula free here too and only receive Similac brand.

i'm pretty sure someone said before that it was sma and it was actually donated by the company, not sure tho

Do you know why though???????????

Coz once people give it to their baby....they keep giving them the same brand and the company makes a friggin fortune from each baby.

They don't do it out of the goodness of their hearts I'm afraid:hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy:

We all have minds of our own I don't need a small free bottle of SMA to convince me that bottle feeding was the right decision for me lol :confused: I was good that they provided this though as the bottles were fresh sealed and safe to use - can you imagine having to tak ein sterilisers, bottles and your own formula :dohh: It won't effect Mums choice of feeding just cause chaos in hospitals.

I'll be leaving the minute I can get up out of my bed as long as birth is well I'm well baby is well!

We all have minds of our own I don't need a small free bottle of SMA to convince me that bottle feeding was the right decision for me lol :confused: I was good that they provided this though as the bottles were fresh sealed and safe to use - can you imagine having to tak ein sterilisers, bottles and your own formula :dohh: It won't effect Mums choice of feeding just cause chaos in hospitals.

I'll be leaving the minute I can get up out of my bed as long as bi rth is well I'm well baby is well!

Yep babe....that's what I said about chaos:hissy:

So even if SMA etc gave these to the hospitals who do you think stopped them? So maybe the hospital don't pay a penny ...but is it something thats been taken out of our hands!?

I am starting to hate living in this country if I wouldn't pee my pants over storms ands things in the USA I'd go over there. I'ma nervous wreck even when I think of getting on a plane and I don't have a passport lol

wow just read this thread.
Alot i disagree with but i cant be arsed to type it all up :lol:
Im with you wobbles , i hate this county and i have never lived anywhere worse and known so many people to say how shit it is.
Its to expensive to stay yet to expensive to leave.. im stuck :(

We nearly moved to portugal a couple of years back but OHs parents came back to UK - One of the reasons we considered it!

Coz once people give it to their baby....they keep giving them the same brand and the company makes a friggin fortune from each baby.

They don't do it out of the goodness of their hearts I'm afraid:hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy:

Of course they don't...it's all about the bottom line, same with any company. Although to be fair we were given formula in the hospital and went with a completely different brand at home :D

Of course they don't...it's all about the bottom line, same with any company. Although to be fair we were given formula in the hospital and went with a completely different brand at home :D

Same :lol: had sma in hospital changed to apimtal a few weeks later

lol after my little piece on where my national insurance money goes, i have to say the only reason i didnt go abroad to have katie is that i'd have to pay for my medical care, even tho i'm told its ten times better there. my SIL got scans at every appointment!!

Boots are selling the little bottles!! I've seen them in a large store!!

Oh, just seen the little bottles of Cow and Gate in Asda!! - didnt know about these ones!!

After reading the thread i said some where in it lol , They now do the dinky glass bottles exactly the same as the hospitals at asdas/Boots/Tescos . I do wish the hospital would still provide them , But now will buy some myself .
And some one was asking about what milk they did offer at hospitals before all this , I was offered Sma , Cow and gate , Farleys , And another one i couldnt think of . Its all a shame i firmly believe that no matter how political every one gets . xx .

So even if SMA etc gave these to the hospitals who do you think stopped them? So maybe the hospital don't pay a penny ...but is it something thats been taken out of our hands!?

I am starting to hate living in this country if I wouldn't pee my pants over storms ands things in the USA I'd go over there. I'ma nervous wreck even when I think of getting on a plane and I don't have a passport lol

see Im the opposite... Im thankful the NHS... yeh we criticise it etc!! But I wouldnt like having to get private healthcare etc!!

Ive heard stories about some states and at least I know if I got really ill or something I will be treated... i wouldnt have to raise the money to be treated!!

Our hospital was amazing with all this, provided nappies, maternity pads, milk, cotton wool etc, i mainly used my own stuff except for milk though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->