hospitals stopping providing formula

i have to say, i dont have an NHS dentist, i've gone private due to mine being shit, so even tho i'm pregnant, i still have to pay £37 for a basic check up. this i dont really mind, cos i'd rather pay and know they were doing my teeth properly. my mum's always been NHS and they said there was no problems, she went to see a private dentist cos she knew there was something wrong and had to pay over £500 just to get the basics sorted.

NHS prescriptions are now ridiculously expensive, over £7 i think. i remember getting a private prescription a few years ago that wasnt much more than that. aside from being pregnant, i cant remember the last time i went to the docs.

so where's my national insurance going???

The same pool that everyone else's goes to that allows EVERYONE access to health care. If you don't like nationilised health care, emigrate.
I think that, that remark was very uncalled for, that was just plain rude IMO

You mean rather than the 11% you have taken from your wages every month. Not technically 'free'... in fact the avarage person in the UK is paying more on healthcare that the avarage person living in the US.

I'm 100% with you on this one SC ... Over the years ive paid how many thousands into my country and the health service .. i think the least they can do is at least OFFER to provide some if you needed it!!

Of course its down to NHS cutbacks but does that mean our N.I contributions are going to be cut back? Of course it doesnt :hissy:

Well tbh I'm sick of hearing people complain about the NHS. My comment may have been blunt but it wasn't uncalled for at all. People complaining about where their taxes are going should do something about it, not just whine.

Well what do you propose that people do about?, except emigrate as that just seems a silly solution and isn't as easy as just hopping onto a plane

I'm not being arsey either, just wondering what your solution would be

you know what, i originally started this thread to inform people of a change to hospital policy, not to start a debate on whether the way our taxes are spent is just or not. and i was talking about national insurance not tax. the reason i put my opinion across, was because others have, therefore i feel it was rather uncalled for that your comment was aimed soley at me and not the other people who have made similar points. As you dont personally know any of us and our situations, i dont feel you should judge. As I have also said, i am taking action, i am planning on emigrating. I also feel that you shouldn't try and force your opinions on people, from what you've said so far in this, it would appear that you can't accept anyone's opinion other than your own.

at antenatal last night the midwife told us that as of 1st sept our hospital is no longer providing formula. apparently its a nationwide thing to promote breastfeeding and is gona be introduced everywhere. i cant see how just cos the hospital arent providing formula its gona make you reconsider how you feed tho!! probs just more cost cutting.

Well tbh I'm sick of hearing people complain about the NHS. My comment may have been blunt but it wasn't uncalled for at all. People complaining about where their taxes are going should do something about it, not just whine.

Hold on a second ... the OP stated this was probably as a result of cost cutting, therefore why wouldnt the conversation turn into a discussion about where our taxes are going ... its not as if its gone completely off topic.

If this isnt a topic you like or "are sick of people complaining about the nhs" then perhaps you shouldnt participate in this thread ...

Just wondering, how many of you actually vote? It's all very well you moaning and mumping about the government but I bet a very small percentage of you vote.

IMO, if you don't vote, you don't have a right to complain.

What kind of sweeping statement is that to make?
that is one of the daftest things i have heard in ages
It doesn't matter who you vote for if you vote taxes/N.I contributions are going to be the same if not higher, they never lower things like that.

Anyway that is not what OP started this thread about

If we are going to start on politics i suggest another thread is made

i vote, but tbh, i dont remember the last time i voted being asked specific questions about government policy. that i am afraid is beyond the control of us mere mortals. yes we can petition about things, but will it really make any difference???

I'm going to say one thing. Who cares if you vote? Mostly every person who tries to get elected promises the world to the citizens and once they are in, they don't give a damn.

I don't vote but a % of my wages is taken every single month to be provided with basic health care. I HAVE EVERY DAMN RIGHT TO COMPLAIN/WHINE/GRUMBLE if they take basic needs away.

It doesn't matter who you vote for if you vote taxes/N.I contributions are going to be the same if not higher, they never lower things like that.

I'm fed up of people grumbling about how this country is ran then when I ask if they vote they say no! How else do you think we chose the government?

I'm going to say one thing. Who cares if you vote? Mostly every person who tries to get elected promises the world to the citizens and once they are in, they don't give a damn.

Well it does make a difference. My grandmother was a tory through and through and as soon as labour went into office her pension was so much better and she was a lot better off than before. That's just an example.

This is just silly :lol:

Seriously ...

I'm gonna shut up I can't be bothered with this nonesense and silly replies.

I know one way the NHS would be better off but I don't dare speak my mind on it and I tell ya its not anything a bloody vote would change!

Some people need a shake of reality!

I'm fed up of people grumbling about how this country is ran then when I ask if they vote they say no! How else do you think we chose the government?

I'm sorry I vote... I didn't see anything in our governments manifesto about cutting health care costs. In fact I believe they promised to increase its budget by 4%

So what is your point? are you saying that this is the voters fault?

No, I'm not saying it's the voters fault.

I know one way the NHS would be better off but I don't dare speak my mind on it and I tell ya its not anything a bloody vote would change!

i agree entirely, assuming we're on the same wavelength!!

Well i've voted since i could and the only thing i have seen is different people same old bullshit

But whether i vote or not has nothing to do with Formula being stopped in hospitals
It is cost cutting at the end of the day pure and simple

What did they provide in the hospital anyway?

SMA ....

Thats all I know & are they all dinky bottles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->