Hot bath

Emily25067

Reaction score
Is it bad to have a hot bath not as hot as i ust to take before i was pregnant but still hotter then warm.

You can have a hot bath. The concern is with things like heated spas and such where the water is steaming hot and stays at that temp as that can raise core body temp which isn't good. But a hot bath starts cooling as soon as the water is in the bath so you're not in steaming hot water over an extended period. I got this info from my OB. Love my hot baths :)

Yeah it is definitely safe to take hot baths, so long as you're not excessively sweating or uncomfortable then everything is fine :)

I took hot baths all the time in my second pregnancy. This one I believe has caused a UTI so I've been trying to avoid it now as much as I LOVE soaking in the tub. Haven't had a UTI since so hoping that's all it was.

They're fine as long as your skin doesn't go pink and you don't feel like you're overheating. Just have it cooler than normal, keep a window or door open and don't top up with hot water. Keep bump out of water if possible too.

I asked my midwife that when I was pregnant with my son. She looked at me like I was crazy, lol. Just silly old wives tales! The only concern is that you may get dizzy and fall. Enjoy them while you can. I rarely get enough time to myself for a proper shower, let alone a bath.

i had lots of hot baths in first and second tri. I can't now due to a bad skin rash, I miss my baths :(

I asked my midwife that when I was pregnant with my son. She looked at me like I was crazy, lol. Just silly old wives tales! The only concern is that you may get dizzy and fall. Enjoy them while you can. I rarely get enough time to myself for a proper shower, let alone a bath.

Mine looked at me like I was nuts too :haha:

I sat in our hot tub a lot during my last pregnancy, but I turned the temperature down so it wasn't super hot and never stayed in long enough to get uncomfortable. The only concern is if it is too hot and you stay in so long that you raise your core body temperature too hight.

I take hot baths, I can't cope with a lukewarm bath. I just don't let myself overheat... As long as you don't go pink you are good

During my first pregnancy I as really worried and made sure I didn't have baths warmer than 37°c - they were freezing!!!! lol.
I now know better and never skip a hot bath. Nothing better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->