House rules for children/teenagers

Thats a true point i hadnt thought of, who knows what will be going on in 15 years time, the world certainly wont be like it is now.

it's really sort of scary in a way...

When my parents were kids... there was no concern with them going out anytime of day, they didn't need cell phones or anything... there was no concern of them not coming home.

When I was a kid... I could go out... but best if I was home by dark - because there were too many "weirdos" out and about

Now... I hear stories about kids choking each other at slumber parties to get "high" - so now we can't even have them unsupervised in their bedroom?? terrifying!

Eeeekk, well, like i said, one thing at a time. theyre not even born yet we dont really need to start getting grey hairs over boyfriends anytime soon, the only boiyfriends that theyre gonna have in the forseeable future is our own friends baby boys when we sit them side by side, they MIGHT even notice each other, hahahahah!!

Id want to be how my mum was with me, she pretty much let me do what i wanted within reason, she was open with me abot boyfriends/sex/alcohol etc
i'd say ive turned out pretty good, im not exactly a chav who hung out on streets getting drunk etc
I think the thing i will be strict on is internet, id definitely have blockers n stuff bcos when i was 15 i used 2 spend far too much time on here, n i know how dodgy it can be as do you all

This is a hard one, too strict and they shut you out (that's what I did), too loose and things can happen.

One thing I have decided and people may think what they will, both of my daughters, will be put on a form of birth control by the time they are 14.

People look at this like I am saying go out and have sex... I'M NOT! What I am doing is protecting them incase they make a bad choice at a early age. Freshman year in high school is a very confusing time, and mistakes happen. We won't be there to watch their every move. My daughters are not having babies while they are babies themselves.

This being said, I asked to go on birth control at 16, my father said no, I went out and had sex anyways and have a 6 year old daughter to prove it. I had her at 17, right before my Senior year. (The condom broke, what can you do?)

As for dating, they will be allowed the "school relationships", but any going out on actual dates won't happen until I feel they are mature enough to handle it.

I hope to raise them to think for themselves, to not fall into the "boy" traps, to be strong, to have morals, to be independent.

i agree with you, i told my mother everything and my father was told nothing, i would lie to him coz he was so strict it was unreal. being open works in my eyes and i plan to talk about sex with my baby as my mother did with me,and it worked as im 22 having my first.

whats funny is my mother also gave me a fag wen i was younger and told me to take a deep breath of it and i did and guess wot... i choked and never touched another cigarette lol also my mother let me have a drink in the house so i wouldnt go out and drink, im going to be like my mother i think but you wont know until it happens. also i agree about putting child on contraception early as its not saying they can have sex but you know they will and least they will be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->