How a horrendous week can put everything into perspective...

elle1981

Expecting 4th and last LO
Reaction score
After having major gender disappointment issues, I had been starting to deal with it but last week was the real waking up I needed..

After reading several posts on b&b of mums to be losing their little angels, or receiving bad news at their 20 wks scans, hearing my bf's friend has had to make the hard decision to terminate due to a very poorly baby at 20wks, that her sister's little boy is currently in great ormand street at 1yrs old being treated for cancers...and possible brain tumour, to hear my MIL has terminal cancer, which then meant we had to make the hard decision to move our wedding back again (now march 2014) so we can concentrate on the baby and her. All these things together seemed to create a huge lightening bolt... IT ABSOLUTELY DOESNT MATTER WHAT THIS BABY IS....AS LONG AS ITS HEALTHY!!!

A boy or a girl is equally a blessing...and I am blessed to be able to have a baby with the man I love with all my heart.
This baby was a huge surprise and now its clear why we were meant to be blessed, with all the sad news surrounding us at the moment, we know there is a ray of light amongst it all...our baby!!
My mil made my oh cry, by telling him the baby has given her something worth fighting for!!!
And my oh is getting some comfort from the fact that as one so close to him will be taken away, he will be blessed with another!!!

Sorry for the long post...I just cant believe how long its taken me to realise the only thing that matters is the happyness and health of this baby..not the sex!! We have our 20wk scan in 11days time where it will be confirmed if we are having a boy as suggested at 14wks or whether its a girl!! A girl would still be the icing on the cake (my mil would love to have a grand-daughter), but just a healthy baby is ultimately all that matters to me now and them.

Elle xx

I think you're absolutely right. I've read things on here, recently found out some terrible news too about friends and relatives with stillborns and leukaemia. Then a high profile person like Gary Barlow loses his baby. You don't realise how lucky you are. I had my 20 wk scan yesterday and all I wanted to hear was that his heart, brain, limbs, evrything was ok. It's taken me a few weeks to get a grip on the gender disappointment, but you're right Elle, it doesn't matter at all. They're all put here for a reason and we're absolutely blessed to have our healthy children, xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->