How and when to ‘announce’

red_head

Reaction score
I’m sure a lot of people know in here already as I seem to be on here constantly banging on about it, but I’m around 12 weeks pregnant now, after falling pregnant naturally. We’d tried for almost 5 years, and had three miscarriages along the way. I’m still terrified of losing this one too, but I’m hoping after the 12 week scan I might feel a bit more confident! Despite that being our 5th scan and none of the others making me feel more relaxed!
Anyway my mum is desperate for us to announce. I had been planning to wait until I was about 20 weeks, but honestly I am feeling excited to tell people, but then the thought of untelling people if something happens makes me feel awful. But I want to try and start enjoying this pregnancy and not miss out on things because of what’s happened. So I think soon after the next scan we will start telling people we’re close to (I’ve only told my mum so far, but she told my dad and sister and Nan against my wishes, hubby told his parents and brother and sis in law - they’re the only ones who know so far, so we still have close friends and family to tell) - we may book a private scan at 16 weeks and then make a Facebook announcement after that (how weird that’s a thing nowadays!) I don’t have Facebook so it’ll be on hubbys account.
I’m just not sure how to word things - I would like to somehow mention the babies we never got to meet, and also give a nod to the fertility team that helped and supported us, even though we actually got pregnant naturally in the end! But I don’t want to come across as being overly emotional or going on too much, or being weird and distracting from the happy news we currently have. I just remember how horrible I found it when I saw announcements on Facebook, and I don’t want to make someone else feel like that. I’d like to acknowledge our journey and the babies we lost along the way, so that if someone else is experiencing the same sort of thing, they can see there is hope, but I’m not sure it’s appropriate? I think in some ways I feel guilty for the three I’m never going to meet, and I don’t want them to feel forgotten or unwanted, as crazy as that sounds.
Any ideas on whether this is just silly and over the top, or any ideas on phrasing things would be appreciated. Also when and how other people are announcing?

You could mention that this is your rainbow baby, I think it's a term most people are familiar with now and acknowledges that this baby isnt your first. I think you should put what ever you feel comfortable with, but Personally for me the announcement is to celebrate THIS baby.
If you are doing a cute picture announcement rather than a scan picture you could incorporate 3 little stars some how, for e.g., or a rainbow (Im thinking chalk board ideas here but theres other ways you could include them)
As for timing again its what feels right for you, ive announced at 7 weeks before and others 14 weeks. If anything were to happen at least id have peoples support and in all honesty there's no such thing as a safe time so it's just what stage you are personally happy with ☺

Thank you :) you look really pretty in your new picture btw! I think that’s a really good idea about incorporating a rainbow into the picture, or stars. We’ll be doing a picture rather than a scan for sure as I do personally find the scans a little heart wrenching on there, although I appreciate not everyone does - my husband is a bit of a punk, plus we both love rock music - he has a leopard print jacket (not as bad as it sounds!) that he wears everywhere, and his favourite band is iron maiden - I’ve brought a little leopard print baby grow, and an iron maiden one, so I was thinking of posting them with ‘like father like...’ as the caption or him holding them. I’m so excited for him to finally get to be a dad! We could definitely incorporate a rainbow into that.

Ah, thank you! X
That sounds really cute! Will you post the pic on here when you've done it so we can see? 😊 x

Announce when your ready! I’d love to wait til we knew the gender but I’ll definitely be too impatient no doubt.
I agree with Lora if you incorporate the fact that it is your rainbow baby then I’m sure those who’ve been in that situation will completely understand the phrase :)

Good luck lovely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->