How are you going to share a BFP when you get it?

I thought about waiting until we get our first US pic and when we have a get together or dinner, casually ask if our parents want to see our pictures from our latest vacation or activity or something.. and have them flip through an album and have the US pic on the last page, and be like oh yeah.. by the way.. we're pregnant LOL! =)

I love these kind of threads!!!

My OH will probably be with me or he will be still asleeep, in which case i will wake him up to tell him as i'll be too excited to wait for him to get up!! But i might buy a cute baby top or something soon to give him when it happens.

The family is going to be the big one, immediate family i will probably tell at about 6-8 weeks and i need something clever for that, pretty sure i will buy my mum and dad something that gives it away!! This is the one i am struggling the most with. They are going to be sooooo over the moon and i really want to do something clever! I wondered about having them over for the meal and doing something but i am struggling to think what.... i dont think my parents would pick up anything as subtle as baby carrots etc.

For the rest of the family i am going to wear some kind of tshirt with a pregnancy slogan on the front to a family thing once i have my first scan i think.

I wont do anything like that for my friends as they will guess before i tell them i think!

I also want to do one of those facebook announcements where you put a pic of you and hubby and say something like.... clothes £x, meal out£ x , knowing there is a family of three in this picture - priceless!!

x

I love these kind of threads!!!

My OH will probably be with me or he will be still asleeep, in which case i will wake him up to tell him as i'll be too excited to wait for him to get up!! But i might buy a cute baby top or something soon to give him when it happens.

The family is going to be the big one, immediate family i will probably tell at about 6-8 weeks and i need something clever for that, pretty sure i will buy my mum and dad something that gives it away!! This is the one i am struggling the most with. They are going to be sooooo over the moon and i really want to do something clever! I wondered about having them over for the meal and doing something but i am struggling to think what.... i dont think my parents would pick up anything as subtle as baby carrots etc.

For the rest of the family i am going to wear some kind of tshirt with a pregnancy slogan on the front to a family thing once i have my first scan i think.

I wont do anything like that for my friends as they will guess before i tell them i think!

I also want to do one of those facebook announcements where you put a pic of you and hubby and say something like.... clothes £x, meal out£ x , knowing there is a family of three in this picture - priceless!!

x

I like that idea :thumbup:

I'm not entirely sure. I was recently pregnant, though and my way of sharing it was definitely not something I plan on happening again. OH was with me when I bought the test, and I told him by coming out of the bathroom cursing and crying, he thought I was just joking to try and scare him. Nope. I was just as scared myself. After that we were excited though, and couldn't wait to meet our baby, but I miscarried at 13 weeks :cry:

Next time it will be planned, though that is still years away. So I will do something special to share the news :flower:

I'm not entirely sure. I was recently pregnant, though and my way of sharing it was definitely not something I plan on happening again. OH was with me when I bought the test, and I told him by coming out of the bathroom cursing and crying, he thought I was just joking to try and scare him. Nope. I was just as scared myself. After that we were excited though, and couldn't wait to meet our baby, but I miscarried at 13 weeks :cry:

Next time it will be planned, though that is still years away. So I will do something special to share the news :flower:

:hugs::hugs:

I've thought about this quite a lot. I think it's a really personal thing. I LOVE lots of the ideas I've read, but for me I feel that the news itself is exciting enough and I personally wouldn't want to do anything too over the top.

Since you're meant to test with your first pee of the day, OH will probably still be in bed as I always get up first, so I plan the walk in the room holding the test and smiling lots (and probably crying knowing me!)!

We'll then wait til about 8-10 weeks til we tell our parents. I really wanna tell both sets in person. So will pop up to OH's parents and tell them (not quite sure how we'll word it yet), then drive to my parent's (about an hour away) and tell them. Hopefully, my bro and his girlfriend might be around at my parent's place that weekend too!

Friends and work friends wise, I'll announce it by showing off our scan picture. I'll prob also post the scan picture on facebook too!

So exciting to just think about it!

Oh, and I really like the idea of a baby grow with 'I love my daddy' on it. Was thinking of this as a first father's day pressie (either when pregnant or 1st one after baby comes).

So I've shared my idea for telling DH, parents, and close family... Now was for my friends and classmates! I have decided that after I'm 12 weeks (if I can wait) I'm going to buy a funny t-shirt to wear and see how long before someone says something to me! I can't decided which shirt as there are so many cute ones. I love this website... https://www.cafepress.com/+funny-pregnancy+womens-maternity

I especially like the "Mommy's little sidekick" with footprints :)

These are hilarious! I love the 'my bump, my bump, my lovely baby bump (check it out)' one!!!!

So I've shared my idea for telling DH, parents, and close family... Now was for my friends and classmates! I have decided that after I'm 12 weeks (if I can wait) I'm going to buy a funny t-shirt to wear and see how long before someone says something to me! I can't decided which shirt as there are so many cute ones. I love this website... https://www.cafepress.com/+funny-pregnancy+womens-maternity

I especially like the "Mommy's little sidekick" with footprints :)

Oh I love these shirts! I like the "I don't care" one!

And the "yes I'm pregnant again"

With Elizabeth I was at college when I got my BFP. She wasn't planned, she was a birth control fail pregnancy. OH had been telling me I was pregnant for about a month and I kept denying it. He finally had my best friend on campus drag me to be tested. I wanted to wait til I got to his place that weekend, and then do something cute...I called him 5 minutes after testing. HA!

Next one, I want to TTC when Elizabeth is one year old. If she's old enough to be my co-conspirator I will tell her to start whining and acting all upset, and when Daddy asks what's wrong, tell him she's sad she won't be the baby anymore.

If she's not old enough (or not talking clearly or whatever) I will put a piece of paper on the outside of her diaper that says "ready for round 2?" or maybe just write on the diaper and I'll ask Terry if he can change her butt for me real quick.

For my parents, I will wait til first u/s and then just ask them straight out if they will watch her while I go to my u/s.

That's all I've figured out so far.

I'm gonna try my best to not tell anyone aside from my OH... for a bit anyway. :/
Last time I told some friends and look what happened... never jynxing it again. :cry:

I'm going to take a picture with my cell phone and send it to my husband at work, haha.. Were going to start trying in June 2012, either that or send a cake to his work place haha :p i'm evil that way, because hes a quiet guy that doesn't share his thrills with the coworkers.

As for our parents, I think i'll just call and say " guess what! so and so long till your..... GRANDPARENTS!" I suck at thinking of creative ideas.

Well I learned that OH likes me to wait for him when testing...oops:shrug: lol But what we are thinking about doing for family is, even though I won't have much of a belly lol, get some of those "hello my name is" stickers and write baby on it and put it on the center of my belly and take a picture. I will just make a little postcard out of it and send it out. We may do something a little more personal for our parents though. Something I absolutely cannot wait for is announcing the sex :happydance: I am going to make a cake color it either pink or blue with white icing and then cut into it at a family get together.

Well I learned that OH likes me to wait for him when testing...oops:shrug: lol But what we are thinking about doing for family is, even though I won't have much of a belly lol, get some of those "hello my name is" stickers and write baby on it and put it on the center of my belly and take a picture. I will just make a little postcard out of it and send it out. We may do something a little more personal for our parents though. Something I absolutely cannot wait for is announcing the sex :happydance: I am going to make a cake color it either pink or blue with white icing and then cut into it at a family get together.

Neat idea for annoucing the sex of the baby. I hadn't thought about that yet!

These are some fun ideas! I think it's so neat to have something to plan and prepare for since we are WTT and broody :haha: I like hearing everyone's ideas because since it is such a personal thing to share we all have so many different ideas of how to announce!

I highly doubt that I will have twins as it's not something you can just decide to do... but if I do ever have twins I've decided I won't tell my family! I will just tell them I'm pregant with one baby and so on and then when the delivery comes and they come to visit me and baby say oh SUPRISE!!! I think that would just be neat :) I guess it could be slightly devious also but I still think it would be neat!

Also, on telling DH at work... I've thought about having them announce it at his work as he works with several hundred people. But, my uncle and his dad work at the same place so they would find out at the same time and we don't want that! I want DH to find out, wait until I get a confirmed :bfp: from the doctor and then tell my parents. Not sure how long I can keep my mouth shut for the rest of the family!

I'd like to think i'd wrap the pregnancy test up for FOB and do like a nice dinner or something to surprise him but in reality i'd probably start crying and announce straight away.

For my parents, i'd like to think i'd get my Dad a t-shirt saying Worlds Best Grandad on or something :)

im not sure about how to tell friends as other friends of mine have simply put the scan picture as their profile pic which i found a little impersonal and sneaky as it made everybody ask 'are you preggo?' and she had to say yes over and over again. Another friend of mine texted all her close friends which was nice to be thought of before everybody else.

Ive heard this idea before and i think its brilliant!! I might do it too as my mum is a cakemaker and she loves cake haha! so would be nice for me to be the one to make the cake for a change and also a big surprise about her grandson/daughter :D

i have a few ideas, i will take derick to a big park we go to once or twice a year and somehow tell him there or i will text him a pic of the pregnancy test result whilst he's at work to suprise him :)

to tell family i will send a photocopied pic of first scan. for close family i will hide it somewhere like my mum's bag and on his parents newspapers. for his sisters and my brother it will be the card again.

and then it will be a pic of the test on facebook

:) :)

You should check out you tube for some pregnancy announcements. I love this one :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh6KgHTiHIw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

As for me I will test with my OH. I think it's only fair we find out at the same time and share that moment together. I want to wait til after my first scan to tell others. I will probs tell my parents by buying them a cute baby grow with I love granma/grandad. I would like to do the balloon idea with my in laws. I would with my parents but I have already shown my mam this video :haha:

you should check out you tube for some pregnancy announcements. I love this one :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh6kghtihiw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

as for me i will test with my oh. I think it's only fair we find out at the same time and share that moment together. I want to wait til after my first scan to tell others. I will probs tell my parents by buying them a cute baby grow with i love granma/grandad. I would like to do the balloon idea with my in laws. I would with my parents but i have already shown my mam this video :haha:

oh i love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->