How are you going to share a BFP when you get it?

Iv just spent the last hour watching pregnancy announcements :dohh:

You should check out you tube for some pregnancy announcements. I love this one :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh6KgHTiHIw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

As for me I will test with my OH. I think it's only fair we find out at the same time and share that moment together. I want to wait til after my first scan to tell others. I will probs tell my parents by buying them a cute baby grow with I love granma/grandad. I would like to do the balloon idea with my in laws. I would with my parents but I have already shown my mam this video :haha:

Aww i love the mums reaction!
Thanks for that im gonna be sat here all night lnow watching these :dohh::haha:

My friend told everyone on her facebook by posting a picture of her first pregnancy test and saying she didnt believe it and then posting two picture of two other pregnancy test's and saying that she finally believed it to be true then put her status as "has a baby in her belly" :D so cute xxx

Omg! I want to sit and watch these now but I know I shouldn't because I will get all excited and fall in love with the reactions like the mom in the balloon video posted and then nobody will react like that haha It happened with my engagement :dohh: lol

Omg! I want to sit and watch these now but I know I shouldn't because I will get all excited and fall in love with the reactions like the mom in the balloon video posted and then nobody will react like that haha It happened with my engagement :dohh: lol

Yeah, I hear you with the engagement news over here, too. Still, totally ripping off that balloon gag! That is just too great!

Yeah, I hear you with the engagement news over here, too. Still, totally ripping off that balloon gag! That is just too great!

I think it was just so expected but I do have to give my grandma some credit :) she was totally excited for me. I think I will be ripping it off to for OH's side. They do a big family christmas every year and he loved it after he watched the video.

I'd like to think i'd wrap the pregnancy test up for FOB and do like a nice dinner or something to surprise him but in reality i'd probably start crying and announce straight away.

For my parents, i'd like to think i'd get my Dad a t-shirt saying Worlds Best Grandad on or something :)

Now is a good time to get t-shirts like that with Father's Day coming up! I was at Wal-Mart today and seen a "World's Greatest Grandpa" t-shirt and it made me think of that!

That video is adorable! I was laughing so hard :) I made DH watch it! I plan on TTC starting in August so if I got a :bfp: by Christmas I could share with my family this way. We always do a big family Christmas and it would be neat to see who figures it out first. :haha:

You should check out you tube for some pregnancy announcements. I love this one :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh6KgHTiHIw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

As for me I will test with my OH. I think it's only fair we find out at the same time and share that moment together. I want to wait til after my first scan to tell others. I will probs tell my parents by buying them a cute baby grow with I love granma/grandad. I would like to do the balloon idea with my in laws. I would with my parents but I have already shown my mam this video :haha:

I enjoyed the video, thanks for sharing it!
I know that DH will want to find out with me, but I wake up a couple of hours after him, so I will probably be finding out when he's already at work for the day.

That video was great! The mom is too funny! That will probably be exactly what my mom's reaction will be! =) Keep the ideas coming!

if I didn't have to work all day I'd be stuck in front of the computer watching announcements too! LOL

Video just brought tears to my eyes! What an awesome reaction :) love the way her Dad just stands there completely bewildered! lol!

I haven't thought about this at all. I would probably be really unoriginal and just tell them at our family dinner one Friday night or something. "oh by the way, how do you feel about becoming Nanna and Grandad?"

Lovely thread! I love daydreaming about 'that' day :D That youtube video is the cutest thing I've ever seen, thankyou for posting - the mum's reaction is lovely!

I really like the idea of buying a tiny baby-sized mini football kit with OH's favourite football team on, and giving it to him all wrapped up - so cute! BUT I think I would like my hubby to be with me when I did the test though, so he would find out exactly when I did. With my mum, I am so close to her and see/speak to her every day. She knows we are WTT, I will tell her when we actually start trying and she will get told about every little symptom I have anyway - so she'll probably know before I do, haha! As soon as we get a BFP I will drive straight round to her house to officially tell her and my little brothers.

OH's parents aren't that bothered about us :/ his brother is the favourite. So I think I would leave it up to OH to phone his mum and tell her. She will probably go 'oh congratulations' and then launch into another story about his brother's latest adventures and latest promotion or whatever. Grrr. Oh well!

I would gather all my close girlfriends around for a catch-up at our house and tell them in person - maybe by passing round a little envelope with the scan picture inside :) Then everyone else can find out by a facebook announcement for family and friends who we don't see so often (even though it drives me mad with jealousy when I see other people's FB announcements!)

I have thought about this quite a lot :D I love the idea of little presents and gimmicks/subtle things where people have to guess, but in reality I'm just too impatient!

Well I couldn't stop at just watching that one video last night. I spent a good hour looking at announcements on youtube :haha: There was one in particular that I teared up for... It was titled something like Pregnancy Announcement after Infertility. Something like that anyways. The husbands reaction was just beautiful!

that video is lovely what a great reaction

I havent really thought about it to be honest, OH probably would be with me when testing....My family im not really sure yet. As for everyone else i want to keep it quiet for as long as possible :haha:

I havent really thought about it to be honest, OH probably would be with me when testing....My family im not really sure yet. As for everyone else i want to keep it quiet for as long as possible :haha:

I hope to keep quiet with the exception of our parents until I get my first scan. But, I'm not really one to keep things quiet so every family member will probably know within 1 week of my :bfp: :haha:

I've thought about going team yellow and I just know I couldn't do that either!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQtjSm9p-hA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg24PgeCsvg

I would probably buy a baby bottle like that chic did in the video and say to my OH your gonna have to learn to use these in about 9months but im not gonna sing lol.... Or get him a card that say hey ur gonna be a daddy lol

As for my family and friends. My bro done told me i have to call and tell him before anyone else so he be first one to know after my OH finds out lol then my mama and everyone else can find out on fb or through txt lol. As for my OH mama i think i would give her a pic of the ultra sound cause she would want proof lol

Well I couldn't stop at just watching that one video last night. I spent a good hour looking at announcements on youtube :haha: There was one in particular that I teared up for... It was titled something like Pregnancy Announcement after Infertility. Something like that anyways. The husbands reaction was just beautiful!

Ahh yeah I seen that one. It was lovely. A lot of the dads reactions were lovely. Did u see the one where he was told in a restaurant and he shouted out that he was gonna be a daddy. So cute!

Ahh yeah I seen that one. It was lovely. A lot of the dads reactions were lovely. Did u see the one where he was told in a restaurant and he shouted out that he was gonna be a daddy. So cute!

As much time as I spent looking at them I don't know how I missed that one! :haha:

Oh wow, the mom's reaction in that balloon video is priceless!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->