How are you going to share a BFP when you get it?

I'd like my OH to be with me when I test, but if he's not, I'll end up calling him straight away, I don't think he should have to wait as it's as much his baby as it is mine! As for my parents, I'll tell them at about 5 or 6 weeks and want to get them mugs saying Best Granny and Best Grandad and wait for the penny to drop :happydance: I think my OH will just give his parents a call as they live about 3 hours away.

Apart from the rest of the family who we'll tell at about 12 weeks, I'd like to keep it quiet from friends and work colleagues for as long as possible. 16-20 weeks if poss, if I don't start to show too much! :winkwink:

It's so exciting thinking about this sort of thing. I'm poised to buy the mugs already I'm getting so carried away!

Em xxx

It's easy to get carried away! I keep thinking about sharing my :bfp: and I'm still two months away from TTC. LOL! :happydance:

I'm not sure, so many ideas! OH will probably be with me but if he is not I would like to make a special dinner then give him a bag with a baby related object and the :bfp: test :) :haha:
Grandparents we aren't sure, both sides already have 5 each so we will probably just tell them over tea or lunch :shrug:
And for everyone else them t-shirt ideas are sooo funny! Might try that :haha:
Fun thread! :thumbup:

It's easy to get carried away! I keep thinking about sharing my :bfp: and I'm still two months away from TTC. LOL! :happydance:

I've already bought a "my heart belongs to grandma" onesie that I plan to send off to my mom when I get my BFP. :blush: She lives many states away, so I plan to send her the onesie with a note that just reads, "I've got news. Call me!" hehe. The balloons video kind of makes me want to also send balloons too and have the whole package delivered to her work to make a scene of it (would be totally okay with her work, plus she works with most of her best girl friends, so I think that's kind of sweet). But we'll see!

This will be the first grandbaby for either side, so it's really exciting for me to think about telling everyone. I can't wait!

I've already bought a "my heart belongs to grandma" onesie that I plan to send off to my mom when I get my BFP. :blush: She lives many states away, so I plan to send her the onesie with a note that just reads, "I've got news. Call me!" hehe. The balloons video kind of makes me want to also send balloons too and have the whole package delivered to her work to make a scene of it (would be totally okay with her work, plus she works with most of her best girl friends, so I think that's kind of sweet). But we'll see!

This will be the first grandbaby for either side, so it's really exciting for me to think about telling everyone. I can't wait!

Oh I love the idea of sending to your moms work! Especially since it will be her first grandbaby! My parents have a granddaughter and granson already and DH's parents have a granddaughter and two grandsons. We definetely won't be the first! I know they will be excited for us though.

I like the t-shirts too. I especially think the funny ones are great! Like "All I wanted was back rub" and for the daddy to be "Look what I did" with a pregnant stick person LOL!

Especially the one with the baby in the womb saying its not going to come out :haha: x

I would love to be the type of person who would wait for their OH to get home and leave a surprise present of baby clothes saying I <3 Daddy or something similar with a digital pregnancy test on top but I don't think I'm patient enough! I would probably end up shouting hysterically down the phone at him.

Oh I love the idea of sending to your moms work! Especially since it will be her first grandbaby! My parents have a granddaughter and granson already and DH's parents have a granddaughter and two grandsons. We definetely won't be the first! I know they will be excited for us though.

A new grandbaby is ALWAYS exciting, no matter how many have come before him! :)

Well with Father's Day past what a perfect time to hit the clearance section to get the just for "Daddy" stuff! I added a few pics to my journal (page 6) of my most recent purchase that I will give to DH when I get my :bfp:

I would love to be the type of person who would wait for their OH to get home and leave a surprise present of baby clothes saying I <3 Daddy or something similar with a digital pregnancy test on top but I don't think I'm patient enough! I would probably end up shouting hysterically down the phone at him.

:haha: Lol! I will try my best to wait but doubt I could either...Will try my best though! :blush:

So I've thought of a new way of sharing at the restaurant... Applebee's is great with birthdays. They have a good chunk of the staff come out and they make the b-day person stand up and ask questions about how old etc. But they announce it to the entire restaurant! So I think whatever b-day is near we will announce then and have the :bfp: announced with it. Example... dh's birthday they will say "He's turning 27 and he just found out he's going to be a dad" something like that...

I've also though about sharing with the my extended family. We always have b-days or bbq's and there's always ice cream! So I've thought about getting my bowl of ice cream and asking if there are any pickles to go with it... see if they get it or not :rofl:

Another thing I've thought is to do the announcement where family thinks you're taking a photo and you're really recording it... then say on the count of three say "I'm pregnant" or something along those lines.

Well last time i had my husband with me, so i would really like to be able to surprise him, so may be this:

Wait for him to come home, and i'll get jennifer to give daddy a present, and inside will be the test.

with my first child who is now 9 , i was ready to away and get marrie sso the prgnancy was a major shock , second who is almost 4 , i wanted to have a baby but had just mc the month before , so was a very emotional pg test to see ,
but this time if all goes well , it will be nice to look at a pg test together and jump for joy when it turns pink ,
but i wouldnt tell anyone untill id had my first 12 week scan xxx then id phone andy s mum and tell her staright away she is so good with the babys.

with my first child who is now 9 , i was ready to away and get marrie sso the prgnancy was a major shock , second who is almost 4 , i wanted to have a baby but had just mc the month before , so was a very emotional pg test to see ,
but this time if all goes well , it will be nice to look at a pg test together and jump for joy when it turns pink ,
but i wouldnt tell anyone untill id had my first 12 week scan xxx then id phone andy s mum and tell her staright away she is so good with the babys.

ready to go away that should say , i was getting marriesd in the carribean , and had to cancell it and get married quickly at home :wacko:

I would like to show up at OH's work and tell him Elizabeth has to tell Daddy something, and have her tell him. If she's not old enough to say "Momma's pregnant," we'll just have to work something else. Have her say 'baby' and when he asks what baby, she can point to me? I dunno. It'll depend how old she is.

I'd also like to use Elizabeth to tell my parents/ILs. Maybe she can give them a 'baby gift'? I also LOVE that giant box with balloons idea. Hmmm

Honestly for Ape I thought about giving her a prezzie wrapped in a yellow ribbon and having it have a note on it that says something like, the rest of the present will be here in nine months.

For my parents I always wanted to go on a ride with them and then ask if we can pull into this grocery store that has the "New and Expectant Mother" parking and tell them to pull up into that area...don't know if I'll get to do that or not. :nope: If not with them then maybe Ape's mum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->