How are you planning to announce?

spunky84

TTC #4
Reaction score
Whether family, friends, facebook?

Are you just going to tell them or do something different?

And since this is about announcing, how did you tell your partner/OH/DH/etc.?

Haha I woke my wife up at 5:30 AM after I POAS. She said "oh, that's awesome, I'm so glad it worked... I'm going back to sleep, though." To be fair, she hadn't slept much the night before, and she was properly excited when she woke up later that morning!!

We're planning to tell our son sometime in mid-February, by drafting a letter from the "Big Brothers Council of Canada" and having a friend's son sign it (said friend has three boys, we'll have the eldest sign the letter). We'll then send it to him in the actual post and tell him whenever it arrives! Toying with the idea of having a crested shirt or something made to arrive with it.

Once he knows, HE will get to tell our parents, and then we'll post a screenshot of the letter on facebook. :)

My husband had left for work and I tested because I was a day late. I called him right away and he was still driving to work. There was no way I could have waited, or slept on this information (it was night shift for him.)

We told our parents on Christmas Day. I wrapped one of those "baby on board" signs in a box and gave one to my parents & one to my sister and her partner. That was fun - they were excited :)

We just told my in laws - not in an interesting way or anything. They have 3 grandchildren. My parents don't have any!

As for everyone else: I'll just probably call or tell my friends in person. I still don't even know if I'll put anything on facebook or not.

We have to big of a family to tell everyone in person but my mom was at the doctors with me when I found out (didn't know I was pregnant - thought I was having lady issues). I called my husband immediately after the appt to tell him (he was waiting for my call after my appt) and his mother has dementia so unfortunately we don't know how to tell her yet. We are waiting til 2nd trimester to tell her in case she does know what we're talking about... I told my best friend at 8w3d after ultrasound showed everything was normal
He told his close friends and family the same day... the rest of our friends and family will probably find out on Facebook which I already had to deactivate for a few more weeks because of one of hubbys annoying friends wife opening her big mouth on my Facebook (it was quite obviously not mentioned in facebook) my own dad didn't even know yet...

dh I sent a text with picture of test with oh f&#k ( was a year earlier than we had planned)

mum pretty much got same text as was talking about the lack of return of period after stopping feeding my son

the in laws are away till just after our 12 week scan so if bump doesnt give it away we have purchased a 7 seater car while they were gone will put the extra carseat in it and go show them and see if they click

The first time I got pregnant I called my mom and told her as she lives in a different state. For the in laws, that live in the same town, I got coffee mugs that said grandma and grandpa, a cute bib that said something about grandmas favorite and a childrens book. For the hubby, I used a digital hpt that said "pregnant" and taped it to the bathroom mirror. I had window paint so wrote "Daddy" and then the due date underneath. This time around I texted my mom and my sister in laws..as its the fifth time. When I announce to everyone I'm doing this!!

https://www.lendmeyourkite.com/tag/pregnancy-announcement/

I found out on New Years Eve, so I told my OH at midnight after our kiss. Well, kinda. I actually had the stick in a champaign gist bag lol. He's like what's this? Champagne for the new year? I said sure lol. So he took out the stick and said "What's this? A temperature reader? Oh. Cool! You're pregnant." Lol.

Next weekend I'm gonna tell my parents if my u/s looks good. I invited them over for their bday. I'm gonna cook them dinner and all. When it's about time for my 13 month son to go to bed, we will change him to a shirt that says (scratched out) "only child" and on the bottom says "big brother." We are inviting my MiL too.

With the in laws, not sure yet. We have a photostream going on with my son since he was born, so the pregnancy announcement will be the last of his photostream, but I don't know how creative I'll be. Maybe have a pic of my son in his crib crying with an evacuation sign saying he has to evacuate in August 2015 lol.

With friends I'll probably have a pic of spilled beans from a cup with the u/s on top and label it "someone spilled the beans, mommy due, baby 2, August 2015." I'm a big texting person so I wanna do something like that.

On fb, I'm not so sure.

I told hubby straight away! We have been trying for a very long time (~3 years) and have had some losses so when it comes to him knowing, it's straight away.

We saw the heartbeat on a scan yesterday!!! So we made these little boxes for our parents and gave one to the in laws last night at dinner :) it is a little chocolate heart, with a note underneath which says "We've made someone you'll love to meet... And today we saw their first heartbeat". It was really cute :)
I'll try to add pics if it will let me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 23
Our pregnancy announcment at Xmas.. " we're adding to our family tree... July 2015" and have a baby onsie hanging on our Xmas tree :)

Family: Already told my immediate family. I took my mom out for Thai food. She was talking about my cousin who just had a baby and something. I just remember saying, "Sooooo speaking of that the real reason I didn't want to order seafood rad na and Thai Iced Tea is...!" My younger brothers I had the entire conversation in Spanish because my stepdad was in the room haha. They were too preoccupied trying to conjugate the verbs to be too overwhelmed by the news. Told my Yai in person. I just said sooooo Yai. I'm pregnant. And my other grandmother I called and said, "Remember how you were saying you wanted me to give you a great grandchild...ironically, you said it the day I conceived." That last one did not go over so well.

Friends: I told a few via FB messenger for help. Everyone else, I am going to make a video of me doing something silly like sticking a 2month sticker on my belly and kicking over a box filled with balloons that say baby or something. Post it. Then change my profile pic to a belly shot and my cover photo to my countdown.

BD: I texted him. We're not together. I just text him updates. Trying not to scare him so he goes to my prenatal next month.

Told my dh straight away, said ha! Told you I was pregnant! Lol
Our close family we saved it for Xmas Eve and Xmas day.
I've told friends who are pregnant as well.
Told the mom of the girl I babysit today.
Planning on announcing on fb after we find out the gender in March. We are going to this private beach along the lake and taking pictures to post online.

The first time I got pregnant I called my mom and told her as she lives in a different state. For the in laws, that live in the same town, I got coffee mugs that said grandma and grandpa, a cute bib that said something about grandmas favorite and a childrens book. For the hubby, I used a digital hpt that said "pregnant" and taped it to the bathroom mirror. I had window paint so wrote "Daddy" and then the due date underneath. This time around I texted my mom and my sister in laws..as its the fifth time. When I announce to everyone I'm doing this!!

Oh my god. That made me cry :(

I sent OH a photo of the test, but apparently his text messages go through his work computer and flash up, and his boss saw :dohh: Oh well!

We just told everyone else normally.

I woke Dh up and handed him the test and said merry Christmas as it was Christmas eve eve, he said . "What does that mean" so I had to tell him.
Our don't know but I'm going to make a card that says 2005 bf&gf, 2010 husband and wife, 2015 mummy and daddy, with pictures then write a note from baby to granny and grandad. We are going to see them as they live 300 miles away we have already planned it in but with an excuse why we are visiting then.

My husband's parents live in Texas, so we sent them a children's book and he wrote them in a message in it telling them to read until the last page! On the last page, we posted our first ultrasound picture!

For my mom and younger siblings, we did the same thing--purchased a book and put an ultrasound picture in it (we had a lot of pictures printed lol!!)

We will have cute photos taken when we want to make it really public, and I'll probably text family members beforehand with a photo....my family is sensitive and having information shared on Facebook has caused major drama even though we live in a digital age. So to spare that, I'll just text them FIRST. They will get snail-mail invites to the baby shower so they'll have to deal with that lol

My SO was with me when I randomly tested on my lunch break a few days before Christmas. We decided to buy a little pair of baby Air Jordon shoes and put them in a gift bag so when we visited with both sides of his family on Christmas Eve we let each set of great grandparents to be (one set has great grandkids already, the other does not) reveal the "gift" in front of the rest of the family. I haven't told anyone in my family yet. Hopefully I'll take my mom out for dinner next week and share my news but not sure how she's going to react :shrug: For everyone else that doesn't already know, we are going to make it "Facebook Official" and post a photo of him and I similar to this:

prego-300x227.jpg

With my first successful pregnancy I told DH right away along with my parents. Then everyone else at 10 weeks with an ice cream cake that had a game controller on it (We're gamers) and it said Player 3 Now loading.

With this pregnancy (second successful pregnancy) I told DH right away (I always tell him since we have had a few miscarriages and we are both always so on edge first few weeks). Told my parents again right away to watch our daughter so I could go in for multiple blood draws. Then on Thanksgiving we posted on FB a pic of our daughter with a white board behind her that said what she was all thankful for. And how she was thankful for becoming a big sister June 2015.

The relatives that aren't on my FB we sent it in our Christmas cards (the picture).

I told hubby straight away! We have been trying for a very long time (~3 years) and have had some losses so when it comes to him knowing, it's straight away.

We saw the heartbeat on a scan yesterday!!! So we made these little boxes for our parents and gave one to the in laws last night at dinner :) it is a little chocolate heart, with a note underneath which says "We've made someone you'll love to meet... And today we saw their first heartbeat". It was really cute :)
I'll try to add pics if it will let me.

That is so cute!

Oh my god. That made me cry :(

Same here :( Ready to cry just thinking about it actually...

With DD I had spotting the same day I first tested. DH was on this thing saying "you're pregnant" before I had tested. He called on his way home from work and said that and I just started crying saying "not for long". The next day he asked if I was still pregnant (on his way home) and I told him yes. He brought flowers and a mommy-to-be card home. I cried over that. It took a few hours to open the card because I was already crying enough from the flowers. And typing this is making me cry, wth.

We told my mom later in the week for a support system just in case. After my brother and SIL left, we told her we had an early birthday present for her. We gave her a positive test in a gift box.

We told my dad, brother and SIL at 13 weeks. We were celebrating my brother's birthday so we put a copy of the ultrasound in the card saying "happy birthday uncle j!".

For DH's family, I made cupcakes. Half with blue icing and the other half with pink. Then I wrote on top 08.17.13. We tell everyone at once so we dropped off 2 cupcakes to MIL and FIL. Then we had SILs and their spouses over for pizza and then gave them the cupcakes.

Then for FB I just posted a picture of the cupcakes.

This one, was very unplanned. I think my face turned white when the test turned positive following several f-bombs :haha: I knew DH wouldn't handle the news well since it's the worst timing ever to have another, so I told my mom so I could have a support system in place. I sent her a picture of the positive test to her work email and underneath said "can you call me?" She was so tickled.

Due to our schedules, it was hard to find a perfect opportunity to drop the bomb on DH, so I got up early with him the next morning. I didn't know how to tell him, so I just showed him a picture of the positive test. He slowly asked "whose is this?" When I told him it was mine he was like, "What!? You're pregnant!?" Then kind of did this weird flop onto the bed. Several minutes of profanity followed by a couple minutes of 'I love you" then back to several more minutes of profanity. Then after that he was fine and said that even though it's crappy timing, he loves the baby already.

Provided everything turns okay, around 12-14 weeks we'll start telling family. For my family we'll probably just do a big sister shirt.

DH's family... no idea. They won't be impressed by this (but I've told him that you can't expect a married couple to not have sex and birth control fails! His mom thought she had a birth control fail at 40 so they know it's possible). It'll probably just be like "hey, btw...".

FB, I have no idea. I may wait awhile for FB only because of the circumstances. But I don't know. I don't know if I want to do something cutesy or just be upfront about it. If things work out, I'm kind of tempted to wait. I'm not sure I'm ready for my classmates to know, but then again, they may find out sooner than later. So it'll depend. If they find out, I'll probably put it on FB just because I wouldn't want any of them to accidentally mention it on there.

Idk, we'll see if and when we get there.

I found out on Christmas morning, I refused to test until the day AF was due because I had convinced myself I was not pregnant. Boy was I wrong, the test turned positive almost immediately. I was freaking out but the hubby was still sleeping, so I wrapped the test up and gave it to him when we opened presents like an hour later!

We ended up telling my parents and his parents that same day as well since it was Christmas and we saw them both. We were too excited to not say anything and it felt like a great present to give them that day!

I'm not quite sure how I will announce it to everyone else yet! Still need to figure out what to say to my boss! haha

I found out on Christmas morning, I refused to test until the day AF was due because I had convinced myself I was not pregnant. Boy was I wrong, the test turned positive almost immediately. I was freaking out but the hubby was still sleeping, so I wrapped the test up and gave it to him when we opened presents like an hour later!

We ended up telling my parents and his parents that same day as well since it was Christmas and we saw them both. We were too excited to not say anything and it felt like a great present to give them that day!

I'm not quite sure how I will announce it to everyone else yet! Still need to figure out what to say to my boss! haha

That's so cute :)

I find it fun wrapping up pee sticks as gifts. That sounds so odd. lol

I remember when my mom opened her giftbox to see the pee stick, it was just awesome. DH didn't know that I told my mom before him and I wasn't planning on telling him because I didn't want to upset him (even though my intentions were innocent), so we had to "tell" her. He agreed on telling her now for support.

My mom knew she had to act surprised lol but she didn't know how we'd tell her. So we put 4 pee sticks in a big amazon box lol She pulled it off. She almost had me convinced. Almost a recreation of when we told her about DD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->