How did MW get due date from LMP different.

Natnee

Mummy to Belle
Reaction score
So went for my booking appoitment yesterday and she worked it out from LMP, 19th July. She didn't ask my cycle length so can only assume she used the average, 28 days, which it is anyway so that's ok. BUT she worked it out from her little wheel calculator that my EDD is 23rd April, but I work it out as being 25th April. I've just been on at least 6 websites with calculators and they ALL say 25th April. I know this aswell as the dates are all the same as with DD, and she was due 25th April.

Then she said I was 8+2, when I was 8+3 yesterday. I know it's only a rough guess based on LMP but it's weird how she got these dates and numbers. Surely if she thought I was due 2 days earlier, she would be saying I was 8+5? :wacko:

It's not important, just puzzling!

They use that crazy wheel thing that never works it out right. The wheel gives 40weeks exactly for pregnancy. And then shes read lmp again (they miss one day) and said that in weeks.

My first mw had 27th of oct for my son, changed to 16th at scan then he was here on the 12the 12th lol

For this pregnancy she gave me 3rd march by lmp and 2 scans have showed 6th.

I think there little wheels are wrong haha

Their wheels are always a day off of websites I find, but it doesn't really matter. They're just as accurate really - considering only 5% of women actually give birth on their due date! :haha: A few days doesn't really matter.

I think she had it on the wrong date, we did have a conversation about needing our glasses on more, and she didn't have hers on!

Lol don't worry Hun your scan will give a more accurate date

oh yeah, no not worried, just seems odd how she had different numbers!

How odd - My LMP was the 17th July and I had worked it out that my EDD was 23rd April. When the midwife used her wheel tool she said the 25th April - the exact opposite of what yours said to you. Weird, huh?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->