How did you know you are having twins?

Fitmomma

Reaction score
I am 15 weeks pregnant but from the very beginning I have had people ask if I am having twins. This is my third pregnancy so I am definitely showing earlier than the other two but I am also extremely hungry all the time. I just had two more more people tell me last night that they think it’s twins.
Aside from an ultrasound, how did you know you were having twins?

14 weeks here and not having twins, but with my son I would have sworn I was if I hadn't see the scans for myself. I was MASSIVE, like properly showing at 8 weeks even though he was my first. I looked beyond full term by halfway through. Soooooooo many comments from strangers about being ready to drop and how there must be two or more in there. And baby wasnt even that big in the end, a healthy 8lb 8oz, it was all bump and water. So size is clearly no indicator haha!

Then onto #2. So I'm not as big - I was in the start but it's gone down a bit, especially as I lost weight through extreme nausea. I've felt early movement at like 12 weeks onward. All symptoms very exaggerated, from bad headaches to sore stretching pains. Over emotional and stressed out. Really strong BFP results from day 1, in fact I got a positive test at just 9dpo. All the things they say can indicate twins. But, again, its just one!

Both times everyone around me has been convinced I'm expecting two or more, and all signs have suggested it as well. So I guess until that scan reveals who is in there, there's clearly no way to know!!

:rofl:

Thank you so much for your response. My gut says one but you start questioning yourself when you have tons of people saying they think it’s twins. I guess all I can do is wait and see!

Well I only have twins and I only found out with an early scan. I didn't even have an early BFP like so many women do with that many hormones swishing around. In fact my test at 10 days was BFN. There is just no telling imo.
Good luck and h&h 9 months :)

The only difference for me between my singleton pregnancies and my twin pregnancy was that I was WAY more nauseous.. like all the time. Other than that, nothing different until my first scan around 10 weeks when we saw 2 little babies :)

Thanks for the responses, ladies! I guess I need to continue to be patient. It’s just funny because with my other two pregnancies I never had anyone ever bring up it being two nor did I have any kind of second thought about it being more than one.
I can’t wait to find out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->