How did you know you were ready?

CathiiNoo

Reaction score
How did you ladies knows you were ready to try for your first baby?

I love my OH. I know he will be an amazing dad but it scares me that I won't be a good enough mother or be able to give my child everything he or she deserves.

Xxx

Hi! I am trying this month for the first time with my husband. I honestly still am not 100% confident/never had a moment where I knew I was ready. But I definitely "think" I am :) Ive reached the point where I don't feel like I would be "missing out" on anything if I had a little one to be responsible for (girls trips filled with booze, expensive date nights each month, etc.).

Hit send to quick! Also, there's so many great classes, blogs and books out there for expecting parents...so don't feel like you need to know it all right now!

I've felt ready for the last 3-4 years but we only first started trying a little over 1 year ago. I don't feel like I'd be missing out on anything anymore and feel like I'm actually missing out on more NOT having a baby.

I'm sure you'll make a great mother as long as you put your child first in your priorities. And as long as you are able to give your child lots of love and support, that's what truely matters. Material things are much less important in the end. You also don't want to spoil a child and give them everything they point at as this leads to them being selfish individuals:brat:

This is coming from the daughter of a narcissistic mother who got loads and loads of material things (toys, clothes, ect) but got the short end of the stick when it came to maternal love. So yeah, lots of love and attention is the most important.

We had done everything. We were married 7years been together 9. We travelled and we saw what we needed to see. We had our careers and house in order.
We started getting bored and we felt empty since DS has come along we feel fuller, he's amazing and I would give my all to see him happy.
I was never maternal when people told me about attachment parenting I was like "ew that's disgusting". I had DS I breast fed, co slept and baby wear.
They change you as a person. I'm more compassionate to certain people ie moms of little babies my mom etc.

When they place your baby in your arms life changes it's amazing. I feel lucky every day that I have him.

Thanks ladies. I don't go drinking, I barely even have a drink at home. I have been broody for a long time and this site makes the broodiness even worse haha.

I'm 21, so pretty young. But I've got all the drinking and late nights out my system, just feels like I'm missing something and I spoke to my OH and he thinks that we should try for a baby. Just needed a bit of reassurance so thank you ladies. We going to make our official ttc date by early next year, my loan will be paid off by then too so I will have extra money to buy lots of pregnancy tests etc haha.

Have a lovely day xx

I just know. I'm even younger (19) but I'm ready. I'm married, my dh earns enough so I don't need to work, and this is literally all I've ever wanted. Since the age of around 15 I always prayed I would have an "accident" which I know sounds crazy, but it's all I've ever wanted, I feel like it's just my thing!
Of course I'm scared, but I have an amazing supportive family and now I just need for it to happen!!
DH is even more scared than I am, but he's agreed to ttc so he wants it too!

DH and I are 33. Been married 9 years (together 13), bought our 2nd house last year, finished school a few years ago (bachelor's for me, masters for him) and we've been traveling like crazy the past year. All that stuff is great, but we just feel like something is missing. Not to mention we are kinda old now haha! Last month was our first month trying and we were a bundle of nerves, but it didn't work out and this month we are like "hell yeah, let's do this!" I think the first month is probably the hardest for most people. I envy those who just "know" because it took us a long time to get here! Now we are excited and 100% committed. <3

We had done everything. We were married 7years been together 9. We travelled and we saw what we needed to see. We had our careers and house in order.
We started getting bored and we felt empty since DS has come along we feel fuller, he's amazing and I would give my all to see him happy.
I was never maternal when people told me about attachment parenting I was like "ew that's disgusting". I had DS I breast fed, co slept and baby wear.
They change you as a person. I'm more compassionate to certain people ie moms of little babies my mom etc.

When they place your baby in your arms life changes it's amazing. I feel lucky every day that I have him.

This makes me happy and excited <3

We had done lots just the two of us: lived in two different flats, fancy meals out, trips to the pub whenever we wanted, lovely holidays and finally buying a house in our dream area of the city. We both knew we earned enough and I was at a point in my career that was convenient to take a break. We just started to feel that we needed more, almost a sort of emptiness. We began to feel that a child (not a baby, I don't like babies much) would bring us more happiness than all of the above things.

Our toddler is such a joy. I never thought I'd be so happy to sacrifice impromptu dinners out or lie ins. We are both obsessed with him and just love family time more than any day out we had before.

I will say though that I was NOT ready for a baby. Having a baby changed our lives drastically and we felt that we'd given everything up. Toddlers are a real joy but babies are not fun lol. I am TOTALLY not ready for a 2nd yet - I dread revisiting the tiny baby months!

You ladies are wonderful. I think once I actually start ttcing I will get excited and will just know I'm ready. It's just scary to think that I can stop my pill and I could fall pregnant on the first month even but I do know it can take some time of which I can build myself emotionally. It does make me excited just thinking of having my own baby.

Good luck CathiiNoo! Yes it can take up to a year to conceive so be mentally prepared for that but of course hope for the best and that you see your :bfp: before that:) I think you'll quickly know how much you want this when you take your 1st HPT and it's negative or AF shows up: feelings of sadness and disappointment will let you know this is what you really want:flower:

Sending baby dust your way :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->