How did your OH propose??

BadassMom

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

This is my first post in this section. Let me say congrats on all your upcoming marriages :hugs:

I have a feeling my OH is going to propose and it's driving me crazy waiting! So what I want to know is how did your OH propose? Did you know about it beforehand, or was it a total surprise?

Hiya :)

well i knew oh was gonna ask me to marry him, as we had spoken about it, so it was just a waiting game but i was still surprised the night he actually done it lol

picture the scene lol.. it was a couple of weeks before xmas last year, it was the evening all the lights we had on was the christmas tree lights.. ( sounds so corny i know lol)
anyway he seemed abit fidgity and kept walking in and out of the front room, looking back now i can see he was just trying to gear himself up to do it but at the time i wondered what the hell he was upto and if he was alrite.. i was sitting on the sofa then all of a sudden he got down on my knee in front of me, then i laughed.. of all things i laughed! lol and he told me he loved me and asked to marry him and we had the best cuddle ever! lol aww it makes me smile just thinking about it, it was really lovely and i will never forget that evening, it makes me go all soppy just thinking about it:cloud9:

i cant wait to marry him!

i know how u feel about waiting though, it used to drive me nuts, but its definalty worth the wait :) xx

It was the night before my 21st birthday & my OH was acting very strange..
I knew that he had something utterly amazing planned for me as he never
siezes to amaze me he has always got me the most fab gifts!
When we got together the first christmas we had been together a few weeks
he got me a £500 chucky gold chain and i nearly kealed over :o

I have always said to him it is NOT about the money i would love anything he
got me and so he started making me hand made cards that were as big as me!

So when it was the night before my 21st birthday he said to me "what would make your day really special?" and i replied "You already have" and we left it
at that.

When he turnt up at my house i couldnt see him!! :haha: he was carrying the largest vase of flowers i have ever seen and a large purple bag
when we got inside i was given the vase of flowers and the big purple bag inside the bag was a designer Ted Baker handbag :D

I did wonder where the card may have been hiding...
I carried on getting ready to go out and as i was getting ready my OH was
wearing the wood floor thin with his paseing... and he was sweating like nothing on earth haha!
I asked him if he was okay and he said "im just feeling under the weathe honey"
so i was ready to go out and i went out to the car and i asked my OH to put my socks on as we do because im in a wheelchair and so he gave me a box and got down to put my socks on...
I struggled to open the box cos im so dappy Lol but when i did get it open it said "happy birthday Fiance" on it and he was down on one knee with the ring!!!
he said "i love you please make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"

awe!! makes me cry just re living it- ive never been so happy with him

:kiss:

My OH proposed to me on our 1 year anniversary of being together. I knew he was going to propose as we had talked about marriage from almost the moment we got together, it was just the waiting game really. The funny thing is, the day he proposed I kept messing (pretending to get on one knee) and I found out he panicked because he thought I was going to do it and spoil his surprise lol.

We had both decided that we'd make it a special day, so we booked a little cottage in the middle of nowhere in Wales. One the day of our anniversary we went to a posh restaurant where we had a lovely meal and a bottle of champaigne looking out at some beautiful views.

We got back to the cottage after the meal and I decided to go for a shower, he kept telling me to take as long as I wanted in there (which I found odd). When I got out I opened the bathroom door which lead straight into the bedroom. The room was covered in candles and rose petals! :cloud9: He got down on one knee and gave me a single red rose followed by a speech on how much he loved me and how he knew from the moment he met me that he wanted to marry me, he then produced the ring and put it on my finger :)

We're now getting married on the 24th May 2014 :dance:

Hiya :)

well i knew oh was gonna ask me to marry him, as we had spoken about it, so it was just a waiting game but i was still surprised the night he actually done it lol

picture the scene lol.. it was a couple of weeks before xmas last year, it was the evening all the lights we had on was the christmas tree lights.. ( sounds so corny i know lol)
anyway he seemed abit fidgity and kept walking in and out of the front room, looking back now i can see he was just trying to gear himself up to do it but at the time i wondered what the hell he was upto and if he was alrite.. i was sitting on the sofa then all of a sudden he got down on my knee in front of me, then i laughed.. of all things i laughed! lol and he told me he loved me and asked to marry him and we had the best cuddle ever! lol aww it makes me smile just thinking about it, it was really lovely and i will never forget that evening, it makes me go all soppy just thinking about it:cloud9:

i cant wait to marry him!

i know how u feel about waiting though, it used to drive me nuts, but its definalty worth the wait :) xx

I don't care if it's corny, Christmas tree lights are romantic! I can relate to the laughing though. When I'm nervous or really happy I laugh, some women cry, I think laughings better anyway!

I'll have to be on the lookout for any nervous fidgety behavior from my OH :haha:

It was the night before my 21st birthday & my OH was acting very strange..
I knew that he had something utterly amazing planned for me as he never
siezes to amaze me he has always got me the most fab gifts!
When we got together the first christmas we had been together a few weeks
he got me a £500 chucky gold chain and i nearly kealed over :o

I have always said to him it is NOT about the money i would love anything he
got me and so he started making me hand made cards that were as big as me!

So when it was the night before my 21st birthday he said to me "what would make your day really special?" and i replied "You already have" and we left it
at that.

When he turnt up at my house i couldnt see him!! :haha: he was carrying the largest vase of flowers i have ever seen and a large purple bag
when we got inside i was given the vase of flowers and the big purple bag inside the bag was a designer Ted Baker handbag :D

I did wonder where the card may have been hiding...
I carried on getting ready to go out and as i was getting ready my OH was
wearing the wood floor thin with his paseing... and he was sweating like nothing on earth haha!
I asked him if he was okay and he said "im just feeling under the weathe honey"
so i was ready to go out and i went out to the car and i asked my OH to put my socks on as we do because im in a wheelchair and so he gave me a box and got down to put my socks on...
I struggled to open the box cos im so dappy Lol but when i did get it open it said "happy birthday Fiance" on it and he was down on one knee with the ring!!!
he said "i love you please make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"

awe!! makes me cry just re living it- ive never been so happy with him

:kiss:

Okay..... I'm super jealous!! My OH is no where near that romantic!! You've got yourself a keeper :thumbup:

More paceing and sweating.... This seems to be a trend when men propose :haha:

My OH proposed to me on our 1 year anniversary of being together. I knew he was going to propose as we had talked about marriage from almost the moment we got together, it was just the waiting game really. The funny thing is, the day he proposed I kept messing (pretending to get on one knee) and I found out he panicked because he thought I was going to do it and spoil his surprise lol.

We had both decided that we'd make it a special day, so we booked a little cottage in the middle of nowhere in Wales. One the day of our anniversary we went to a posh restaurant where we had a lovely meal and a bottle of champaigne looking out at some beautiful views.

We got back to the cottage after the meal and I decided to go for a shower, he kept telling me to take as long as I wanted in there (which I found odd). When I got out I opened the bathroom door which lead straight into the bedroom. The room was covered in candles and rose petals! :cloud9: He got down on one knee and gave me a single red rose followed by a speech on how much he loved me and how he knew from the moment he met me that he wanted to marry me, he then produced the ring and put it on my finger :)

We're now getting married on the 24th May 2014 :dance:

That sounds perfect, He must have had it all planned out! So romantic!

It was my 21st so 8/8 this year. Summer woke us all first so OH went through to open her gate on her door. He shouted to me to stand up and shut my eyes. Maci was smacking at me whilst I stood like an idiot so I was getting impatient.

Eventually he told me to open.

https://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz75/Natasha2605/21.jpg

And he was on one knee. Summer was bouncing up and down saying ''Marry my daddy, marry my daddy''

Was amazing. And of course I said yes!

It was my 21st so 8/8 this year. Summer woke us all first so OH went through to open her gate on her door. He shouted to me to stand up and shut my eyes. Maci was smacking at me whilst I stood like an idiot so I was getting impatient.

And he was on one knee. Summer was bouncing up and down saying ''Marry my daddy, marry my daddy''

Thats brilliant! How lovely :)

The whole stuff surrounding ours is quite a plavar actually!

I knew he was planning to propose - we'd chosen the ring together. The first time he proposed was when I was getting on the bed after having DD (bearing arse to all sundry). I was knackered and shocked at such a whirlwind labour and delivery and he didn't even have the ring! I told him to sod off home.

He tried again on our first night out after DD, but he was absolutely slaughtered drunk and couldn't even remember his own name...so I told him that he had to ask me when he'd be able to remember it in the morning.

I feel quite bad now, cos he asked me in the morning. I felt like he'd been asking purely cos he had the ring and it was burning a hole in his pocket, rather than asking because he wanted to :blush:

ANYWAYS...last year we went on a family holiday and my dad and his wife came with us. OH and I planned a night of a romantic meal and then cocktails afterwards. After I'd had my main, I went and used the toilet and fell down the stairs. Resulting in me and A&E.

A few nights later (with my foot in a cast) my OH asked my dad if they'd have the kids again that night while we were having lunch in a seafood restaurant. We'd got ready and my dad had the kids when I spent the rest of the night throwing up (from the seafood :( )

On our very last day, leg still in cast and me not eating from the seafood episode, we took a walk on the beach with our little boy. We walked to the end of a pier and gazed out across the ocean and I turned to OH (who was fumbling in his pocket) and told him that NOW would be a perfect time to ask me to marry him.

His face dropped and he got out the ring and said '*** shut up...I've been trying to ask you all week and you kept getting in the way! It was quite funny actually and obviously I said yes.

Suppose me being sick and hurting my ankle was a way of getting back at me for saying no in the first place :D

That is SOOO cute!! How could a girl say no to that?

The whole stuff surrounding ours is quite a plavar actually!

I knew he was planning to propose - we'd chosen the ring together. The first time he proposed was when I was getting on the bed after having DD (bearing arse to all sundry). I was knackered and shocked at such a whirlwind labour and delivery and he didn't even have the ring! I told him to sod off home.

He tried again on our first night out after DD, but he was absolutely slaughtered drunk and couldn't even remember his own name...so I told him that he had to ask me when he'd be able to remember it in the morning.

I feel quite bad now, cos he asked me in the morning. I felt like he'd been asking purely cos he had the ring and it was burning a hole in his pocket, rather than asking because he wanted to :blush:

ANYWAYS...last year we went on a family holiday and my dad and his wife came with us. OH and I planned a night of a romantic meal and then cocktails afterwards. After I'd had my main, I went and used the toilet and fell down the stairs. Resulting in me and A&E.

A few nights later (with my foot in a cast) my OH asked my dad if they'd have the kids again that night while we were having lunch in a seafood restaurant. We'd got ready and my dad had the kids when I spent the rest of the night throwing up (from the seafood :( )

On our very last day, leg still in cast and me not eating from the seafood episode, we took a walk on the beach with our little boy. We walked to the end of a pier and gazed out across the ocean and I turned to OH (who was fumbling in his pocket) and told him that NOW would be a perfect time to ask me to marry him.

His face dropped and he got out the ring and said '*** shut up...I've been trying to ask you all week and you kept getting in the way! It was quite funny actually and obviously I said yes.

Suppose me being sick and hurting my ankle was a way of getting back at me for saying no in the first place :D

Wow, at least you have a funny story to tell people. With a happy ending :hugs: I'd say no if my OH proposed without a ring too!

Mine had been mentioning ring sizes for a while so I knew he had it in mind but when he proposed it was a complete surprise. We had been out for a meal and I found out later he was going to propose then but there were a load of kids running around making noise so he didn't.

When we got home I was sitting on the sofa and he was kneeling down on the floor in front of me kissing me. He started fumbling around and I actually thought he was taking his trousers off, haha :blush: I opened my eyes and he was on one knee with a beautiful ring and asked me to marry him! I just kept saying 'really! Really!' Because I couldn't believe it! And then I said yes.
We have been married a year today :D

mine was:

It was my 21st and oh had paid for us both to go newyork for my birthday [on july 4th] for 6days without the kids.

On my birthday we went to hudson river with a picnic to watch the fireworks, and as they started he asked me lol. i knew he was going to just not when. it was lovely, wed had a lovely day on a helicopter in the afternoon aswell just before fireworks, so was a nice end haha. It was sooooo busy too!
https://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/267937_10150688879340551_4365001_n.jpg
https://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/263065_10150688877745551_5370759_n.jpg

https://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/268004_10150688858960551_2454023_n.jpg
https://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/268864_10150688853785551_3379515_n.jpg

Aww these are all lovely!

My OH took me away to Manchester for my 21st birthday, this is where we went for my first birthday together and stayed in a posh hotel etc, he booked us into the same hotel and it was meant to be a night away with lots of shopping as that's what I wanted as a present :)
So we went up on the Friday (the day before my birthday) had a day full of shopping, eating etc then we went back to the hotel, OH said that I could have my presents that evening before we went out for dinner and drinks as we'd be traveling back on my birthday so I could enjoy them! So we both got ready all dressed up for dinner and when i was ready he told me to go wait in the bathroom while he sorted out my presents. Looking back now I feel so thick for not even thinking twice about him making me go wait in the bathroom but at the time I thought he'd made a happy birthday banner or card or something with LO!

He then told me to come out, music was playing (still didn't think) there was a heart on the bed in rose petals (still didn't clock on) and there was an envelope in the middle (nope still not thought it was a spa weekend or something) I opened up the envelope and he told me to read out what it said, he had wrote a poem about our time together and asking me to marry him :cloud9: I was balling my eyes out could hardly get my words out but he wanted me to read to the end, I then turned round and he was down on one knee with the most beautiful ring ever!! He had champagne on ice and it was all just a dream, I knew not one thing about it!

Ohh makes me well up just thinking back to it!

we were in NY, my first visit to America, and although I had a small premonition he might do it there, I never actually thought he'd do it.

on the third day, we decided to go for a picnic in central park, but I was stressing as my ghds weren't working because the USA don't have the same voltage power as the uk or something so it wasn't strong enough to heat up the ghds. so I was being a total moan 'oooh I can't go out without my hair done bla bla bla' normally oh would just to tell me to man up and get on with it but for some reason he wanted to help and eventually I went n bought new straightners. so anyway we went n got our food for picnic, found a nice little rock and we were just sitting eating, reading and relaxing, when he tells me he wants a photo of us 2. cue the moaning again from me 'oh I just sat down, can't be bothered bla bla bla' (if I was him at this point I would of changed my mind) but he insisted, and asked a guy who was sitting next to us to take our photo. so I stood up (unwillingly) and posed for a photo, but the guy taking said 'I'll take another' and I was like what a weirdo, why does he care if I look shite in the first photo?! then OH turns to me and says 'I have something to ask u' and I honestly thought he was gonna ask me to do a silly pose for the camera or something. but he went down on one knee and proposed! I was so shocked I just fell down next to him and cried and OH said 'I take it this is a yes?' indeed it was!

turns out camera guy wasn't a weirdo, but OH had quickly whispered to him what he was gonna do as he handed him the camera. and the whole helping out with the straightner situation was because he knew what he was gonna do and didn't want me having rotten hair in our engagement pics lol! here are the pics!

https://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j327/missrae432/photo-91.png
https://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j327/missrae432/photo-92.png
https://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j327/missrae432/photo-93.png

we were in NY, my first visit to America, and although I had a small premonition he might do it there, I never actually thought he'd do it.

on the third day, we decided to go for a picnic in central park, but I was stressing as my ghds weren't working because the USA don't have the same voltage power as the uk or something so it wasn't strong enough to heat up the ghds. so I was being a total moan 'oooh I can't go out without my hair done bla bla bla' normally oh would just to tell me to man up and get on with it but for some reason he wanted to help and eventually I went n bought new straightners. so anyway we went n got our food for picnic, found a nice little rock and we were just sitting eating, reading and relaxing, when he tells me he wants a photo of us 2. cue the moaning again from me 'oh I just sat down, can't be bothered bla bla bla' (if I was him at this point I would of changed my mind) but he insisted, and asked a guy who was sitting next to us to take our photo. so I stood up (unwillingly) and posed for a photo, but the guy taking said 'I'll take another' and I was like what a weirdo, why does he care if I look shite in the first photo?! then OH turns to me and says 'I have something to ask u' and I honestly thought he was gonna ask me to do a silly pose for the camera or something. but he went down on one knee and proposed! I was so shocked I just fell down next to him and cried and OH said 'I take it this is a yes?' indeed it was!

turns out camera guy wasn't a weirdo, but OH had quickly whispered to him what he was gonna do as he handed him the camera. and the whole helping out with the straightner situation was because he knew what he was gonna do and didn't want me having rotten hair in our engagement pics lol! here are the pics!

https://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j327/missrae432/photo-91.png
https://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j327/missrae432/photo-92.png
https://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j327/missrae432/photo-93.png

What a lovely story! Thats so great you have pics, good thinking on your OH's part!

Bloody hell I'm sat here crying :rofl: I'm a proper sucker for romance! I have a feeling OH is going to propose but we will just have to wait and see! xx

My dh proposed several times until i finally thought he was being genuine:
1. In a garden centre cafe....something along the lines of maybe we should get married
2. At a national trust place, by a gorgeous lake with my dad in tow. I mentioned something about being the perfect place for a proposal/wedding, he said "yup lets do it". I laughed! We had been discussing getting married and decided when we did we would use my nan's engagement ring that she left to me in her will!
3. At centre parcs last May. We went to a french restaurant the first night, bumped into one of my oldest friends and her whole family! Dh refused to sit with them! As we sat down i said to him "ha ha, lucky you weren't going to propose, R just ruined it". He got all serious and said, i am going to propose! I accepted!
He also wrote it on the blackboard in our room!

We bought two bottles of champers, one to have with dad when we told him, one to have when we get back from honeymoon!!

we knew we wanted to get married from our 1 year anniversary it was just a waiting game , I picked out 4 rings anyway had a shite 2012 we went away I got pissed off the first time that he didn't propose he had the perfect opportunity well to me lol. anyway the next time this march we went away for the weekend had a great first day and the second day oh took me on a shopping spree , bought me a nice dress so I could look nice for dinner in the resturaunt , ate a lovely meal, drank , laughed it was lovely he went to the "toilet" for a long long time ;he normally has a dodgy belly sometimes hahah little did I know he was getting the room ready, he came back and was looking quite nervous flushed fidgety kept checking his pocket I was just like must be checking for his phone or something anyway the evening wrapped up, we went back to the room n he was like you first I walked in he turned on the light and on the bed was will you marry me in scrabble letters I gasped and turned around and he was shaking like a leaf holding a ring box awww bless him x I was screaming no no no and ran out the room into the hallway an started crying .. he looked soo confused I was like I don't mean no I mean yes!! then he proceeded to record my reaction as I couldn't breathe and I was pacing haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->