How do I get dental treatments?

rainbows_x

Mummy.
Reaction score
I am not regstered at a dentist at the moment, I haven't been since I was 18 & had to pay as I could afford it.

I now am in need of some work (fillings and possibly wisdom teeth romoval)
I have my maternity exempment until August 2011. So can I just go to any dentists, and say I want to register, or do I still have to pay? Does it have to be a NHS dentist or can it be private?

I really have no clue, it's not too urgent as I can cope with the pain, but would need it after Christmas, I just don;t know how to go about getting treatment?

I would imagine it is free, especially to NHS dentists, but unsure about private.
First i would try and register at the dentist you want to, if you have an emergency though they can unusually fit you in at a dentist near you, regardless whether you are registered or not, because sometimes it can take a while to get registered (round here there is always a waiting list grr)

Hope you get it sorted hun, i hate dentists, i would rather be in labour than go there Lol. x

You need to register with an NHS dentist to be able to use your maternity exemption card. Unfortunately, NHS dentists with spaces for new patients can be hard to come by, so start phoning round to see what you can find. If you can't find an NHS dentist willing to take you on, then you will need to register with a private dentist and pay for your treatment. Some are able to offer payment plans, or credit x

If u ring your gp they will know the emergency dentist number ring and say its giving u grief they will fit u in and then help u get a dentist near u xx

I have recently heard about Christian organization! their mission is to meet the needs of people everywhere with better services.:thumbup:

its worth phoning around, even private dentists and asking if u will get free treatment. I didn't think that I would get my dental treatment free as I am registered privately (have a fear of dentists and wont see any other dentist) I recently had a few fillings done and he didn't charge me as I am pregnant. He said although they are private they offer some NHS services and would put me under NHS til my exception expires I wish id known that sooner as Id put of going to the dentist cause I didn't wana pay haha. Good luck hun :hugs:

I need to do this also. Do you tell them you are exempt when you register or wait until you have been and show them the card as payment?

Hello everybody! it's good to see you all after a long time back.

If you call round the NHS dentists near you and see if they are taking on new patients, you then register with them. Inform them you have an exemption card they will do the work for free. I was told that hygienist appts would have to be paid for if I needed to see one. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->