How do I manage this

MLC20

Reaction score
We are going away soon and I'm not sure how I am going to do meals for lo. The trip we are doing is an 8 hr flight from home and we will be staying in a hotel. I make all my own food for lo who we are doing BLW with. She doesn't like puréed food and I don't really want to buy jars of food. When we are out for lunch or dinner would it be best if I just order some steamed veg for the table and give her that?
What would you do?

we just gave LO veg or fruit while we were flying/in a hotel. he nursed a bit more but that's ok.

For the flight I'd just take some fruit and a sandwich or similar. Then I'd let LO take bits off my plate while away, I rarely eat a full plateful anyway so I'm sure one meal between us would be OK. We have a holiday booked when LO will be 7 months so that's what I'll be doing. And if there's any concerns about the food hygiene (not sure where you're going if that'll be a problem) then I won't give LO any and just let her nurse more.

How old is your LO?

We went on vacation when LO was 7.5 months old and we basically went back to exclusively breast feeding.. he had the odd bite off our plates but eating out isn't always the healthiest and he wasn't too interested anyways. We were also somewhere that grocery stores were rare (and the one that was close to use cost an arm and a leg for fruit and veg!) The hotel did have plain yogurt and fruit at breakfast so he did have some of that but he was 97% breastfed that week.

I'd just bring some fruits/veggies/cheerios etc. for snacks on the plane if you think that would be feasible but extra formula or breast milk would be fine too :) If you have a fridge in the hotel you can buy some groceries too!

Have fun!

LO is 8 months old and we are just going interstate so everything is safe to eat. I might just buy some fruit, avocado and bread and make some stuff in the hotel room. When we are eating out she can just have some of mine I will just order stuff she can eat as well and just boil some water in the room. She won't go back to exclusive breast feeding now as she has 3 meals a day and eats heaps.

I wanted to post something similar as we're going away in April and S will be 9 months. Hopefully she'll be on more lumpier food by then, I guess I'll just order things that are softer for her to eat. We're going on a cruise so should be clean in terms of health and safety ( I hope!) xx I'm still going to have to boil her water and bring her steriliser, but hey ho xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->