How do you bend?!

Chocoholic123

Reaction score
Have just about lost my waist now bump is forming. This is my 1st pregnancy so I'm still learning and getting very frustrated every time I try to bend at the waist and forget I can't. It hurts :( how are you supposed to bend at this stage, kind of sideways or bend at the knees?! It's so funny! I guess you get used to it as you get bigger?!

I bend at the knees when I have to, but I try to avoid anything where I have to bend. DH unloads the dishwasher and stuff now bc it hurts me to bend down to do that.

I bend really weirdly :haha: I sort of bend my knee's...make sure my feet are WIDE apart...and sort of dip forwards in the hope I can grab what I'm reaching for :haha: :flower:

I bend really weirdly :haha: I sort of bend my knee's...make sure my feet are WIDE apart...and sort of dip forwards in the hope I can grab what I'm reaching for :haha: :flower:

Ha ha so what you are saying is I need to invent a new bend ?! I thought as much. I need to practice! Its funny what pregnancy does to your body! :):happydance:

BEND!!! You mean we can lol

I just get oh to do it or if I have to for washer I find easy to sit oh floor drag it all out throw it on bench then get up like some 90 year old lady lol

Yeh its so easy to forget you cant go in the normal directions anymore! It does hurt too! poor baby will be squished in half! To get socks on I kind of pull my foot up to my bum & hook it on from behind haha

i'm still trying to work out how to wash my feet/ legs/ shave them too & then dry them?! lol :)

I can't even see my lady parts anymore haha... Told DH he is going to have to help me out when it comes to shaving that "department."

I squat too...Look like a frog. Or i kind of bend sideways lol. I have to tidy up after the kids at work and often pick stuff up. To put on my socks, I put my leg on to the other like men do when they sit resting...if that makes sense. Thats the only wat I could do it. In fact, painting my toenails was fun!! x

Have just about lost my waist now bump is forming. This is my 1st pregnancy so I'm still learning and getting very frustrated every time I try to bend at the waist and forget I can't. It hurts :( how are you supposed to bend at this stage, kind of sideways or bend at the knees?! It's so funny! I guess you get used to it as you get bigger?!

I bend sort of at the knees and a little sideways, usually end up on the floor rolling about on my back until someone comes and flips me over, like a turtle lol. Only j/k. ;) but you do kind of just have to do it whichever way you can to get by! I use my feet to pick things up sometimes lol.XX

i gather my energy for a instant bend and dive my hand down like a fishing hook.. 3 ,4 it goes on till i actually get hold of what im picking... phew such a strain.. OH helps often yet suggests i bend my knees and take patience to slowly sit down and pick it... But if i sit down, then getting to 'stand' is like screamin for airlift

Awww bless this made me chuckle just wait till 3rd tri, you are positively nimble now. In the latter stages I'd go down on one knee to do stuff. Or ask others to do it for you. You'll find what works for you. x

Thanks for the ideas. I think for me its tricky cos I am very tall (6ft!)and all my height is in my legs so I have a looooong way to bend for things, everything like even washing my hands in the sink ! :( So I'm going to have to be inventive ! Hubby has now swapped our drawers over at least, we share a chest of drawers with our clothes in, he had the top 2 drawers and I've always had the bottom 2 so he swapped them over for me last night so at least thats one less thing to bend down for getting my clothes out the drawer!

Err I either get DH to pick it up or I pick it up with my feet... weird I know. DH calls me monkey feet... he sure knows how to make a lady feel attractive lol

I bend at the knees when I have to, but I try to avoid anything where I have to bend. DH unloads the dishwasher and stuff now bc it hurts me to bend down to do that.

I am the same bend at the knees to load washing machine tend to bend the old way when unloading the washing machine and pay for it as bubs doesnt like it and get pains in my pelvis but oh works 14hr days and his days off are normally split, also have 3 teens and if someone doesnt sort the laundry no one would tending to do most of the washing by hand as dishwasher I have to rely on the kids for, mind just sweeping up and hoovering is a mare and those skirting boards keep calling my name but I can no loner reach:(
Oh does a blitz clean once a week on one of his days off for me as he knows how ocd I get I like a clean house the untidyness of teens I try not to let it get me down, so long as I know it was clean b4 they dumped their bags books coats shoes etc.. xx

Thanks for the ideas. I think for me its tricky cos I am very tall (6ft!)and all my height is in my legs so I have a looooong way to bend for things, everything like even washing my hands in the sink ! :( So I'm going to have to be inventive ! Hubby has now swapped our drawers over at least, we share a chest of drawers with our clothes in, he had the top 2 drawers and I've always had the bottom 2 so he swapped them over for me last night so at least thats one less thing to bend down for getting my clothes out the drawer!

Me 2 I am 6ft tall long 36" legs and tiny body:) unfortunately it just makes our bumps seem bigger and harder to bend, which I am sure when i hit third tri in a couple of days my bump will get bigger, lol I tend to have big babies my smallest being 8lb 4ozs and biggest being 9lb 9oz so dont think am going to have a compact bump this time..:)

Me 2 I am 6ft tall long 36" legs and tiny body:) unfortunately it just makes our bumps seem bigger and harder to bend, which I am sure when i hit third tri in a couple of days my bump will get bigger, lol I tend to have big babies my smallest being 8lb 4ozs and biggest being 9lb 9oz so dont think am going to have a compact bump this time..:)
Wow you too! Im 36 leg too. Do u have probs getting maternity clothes! Im living in leggings at mo. I bought one pair of mat jeans from long talk sally but they r expensive at £50 :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->