How do you check our cervix

bextas

Reaction score
I have tried but I just don't have a clue. When I put a finger in I can feel it's very spongy but I think this is the vagina? I'm not sure. Anyone able to give me any clue how to do this and what signs I should be looking for?
Thanks
Bex

My way of checking is to squat down (which helps put your cervix in a more "reachable" place) and use my index finger to check. Sometimes you have to search really far up there. The spongy feeling is your vagina. Your cerix will feel more firm and round. I just started tracking it this month, so I'm still figuring out when it's firm vs. soft, and high vs. medium vs. low. If you read "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" it has a great guide to checking your cervix.

I only check mine when I suspect I'm near ovulation. Before I started I looked at the site below.....it is pics of a cervix every day thru a cycle. I find it a bit gross (I know it's only natural and women's bodies are amazing...yaddayaa....I just feel a bit queasy seeing it!) but it definitely helped me figure out what I was feeling for.

https://www.beautifulcervix.com/cervix-photo-galleries/photos-of-cervix/

Good luck! xx

Try to bear down, like with a bowel movement. it pushing the cervix down and makes it easier to reach. I just started the end of my last cycle. I never knew where it was either. But I promise when you feel it you will know. Insert the middle finger. I find this the easiest finger to reach. I sit on the toilet. You might want to move your finger around. Also Try moving your finger toward you anal area. If you reach too far you will kind of miss it. It kind of sticks out if that makes sense.

I only check mine when I suspect I'm near ovulation. Before I started I looked at the site below.....it is pics of a cervix every day thru a cycle. I find it a bit gross (I know it's only natural and women's bodies are amazing...yaddayaa....I just feel a bit queasy seeing it!) but it definitely helped me figure out what I was feeling for.

Good luck! xx

Wow! That is kind of crazy looking... and gross.

Good luck! xx

Sorry...I did try to warn you! If you can get over the gross-ness then it is quite useful, I think anyway. :shrug:

I just started this and the first time I was 9DPO and I felt it really easily. It was low and firm. I stood with one leg up on the toilet and used my middle finger. The next day I tried and couldn't find it. Even used 2 fingers and still couldn't find it. Then yesterday (the 3rd day of checking), I found it again but it seemed a bit higher.

I think I'm going to keep checking day after day until I get used to what it feels like and where it is. I'll have to read up on it tho bc I have no idea how it's used to figure out ovulation. I know it moves thru the cycle, but b/4 ovulation wherre is it supposed to be?

Try to bear down, like with a bowel movement. it pushing the cervix down and makes it easier to reach. I just started the end of my last cycle. I never knew where it was either. But I promise when you feel it you will know. Insert the middle finger. I find this the easiest finger to reach. I sit on the toilet. You might want to move your finger around. Also Try moving your finger toward you anal area. If you reach too far you will kind of miss it. It kind of sticks out if that makes sense.

Thank you. I went to try and find mine today and couldn't and so I tried bearing down like you suggested and there it was.

Good luck! xx

Sorry...I did try to warn you! If you can get over the gross-ness then it is quite useful, I think anyway. :shrug:

Oh don't get me wrong, it was very helpful. Just crazy looking lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->