How do you cope when others are announcing their exciting ventures?

RosieS84

Reaction score
I haven't been on here in a few days as I thought having a break would be best to not think of what happened. I'm seeing a gyno in early August and hope to get some answers.

Where I work one of my co-workers is fifteen weeks pregnant which I'm excited about. On Sunday morning shift one of my co-workers confided in me that she took a test because her period was a week late and she got two lines, test line was faint but there.

I got over excited and told her it was a clear positive. Later on as I was doing a task on my own in the afternoon, a cloak of sadness over came me and I had little cry. I would be around 11 weeks pregnant now, so close to telling family, friends and co-workers the news. Instead I'm in a state of mourning and confusion.

I tried to talk to my husband about it on Sunday night but after fifteen minutes he said we should change the subject. I understand that he doesn't get it. His mindset is, the miscarriage proved we can get pregnant and we can try again.

When I saw my co-worker, I put on my mask of cheerfulness and listened as she arranged a doctor's appointment. All the staff were excited around her but inside I was not in a happy place.

I know my time will come when I get a sticky bean but I never knew it would hit me this hard.

How did you all cope?

it took me a long time after my loss in 2009. I had dd3 in December (a normal birth) and I get testy toward people and jealous. " they get a normal pregnancy/birth/baby".

I'm so sorry for ure loss hon.
I lost my first baby at 10+4 weeks and it took me a very long time to get over that.

I have also had 3 very early losses. 2 at 5 weeks and 1 at 4 weeks just 2 cycles ago.
I had a very similar experience to you with my 5 week loss. I had good lines on tests and I got a pregnant 1-2 on a digital test but a week or so later I started bleeding.

I went to the hospital and felt like I was given no sympathy at all. They did a scan and there was a sac but it was empty. I was told i had had a chemical pregnancy/very early Misscarige and given a bunch of leaflets and just sent on my way.
I felt crushed.

I didnt need a hospital trip with my last loss because I was only 4 weeks pregnant but it hurt like all the other did.

We are now on our second cycle after the early loss and we are still ttc.

It does get easier with time hon. I promise.
At first it's so hard but after time things strat getting easier.

I want to send u the biggest hugs hon.

Misscariges are horrible:sad1:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"