How do you deal with...

I was a bridesmaid at a wedding when 30 weeks and one girl constantly said all night "I just cannot believe how huge you are!" "You look like your having triplets!! " and my personal favourite "you are the size of a house!!" Gee thanks I just feel so comfortable right now in a dress, waddling around while everyone else looks super smart and lovely! What she seemed to have forgotton was that she isn't pregnant and was the same size as me...at least I had an excuse for being that large! I'm not sure why people think it's ok to comment on pregnant ladies so rudely!

You ladies are wonderful!!

I go in tonight so hopefully I can can up with some snappy comebacks. I actually wrote and article I may attempt to officially sell regarding why pregnant women get snappy and it having nothing to do with hormones! Heh!

I remember one woman arguing with me when I told her she was being rude. She honestly just couldn't understand it!

Well. That's what happens when you work with the public!!

Worse is that I let it affect me when I knew better! I had myself so worked up I lost my hunger for a few days and felt a noticeable difference to his movements. Sigh. All those years of yoga training gone!!

I feel your pain! I just don't understand why people feel they have permission to comment on the bodies of pregnant women!! Like we're an open book because we're growing a little being. I'm a nurse and have had a few comments too.... This past weekend, an elderly lady said to me "You've really put the weight on, haven't you?" (she said it with this sly smile) and I replied "Well, that's what happens when you're growing a baby (insert name). But you're looking rather old these days" I felt really bad afterwards, but it just came out of my mouth! I think the sly smile combined with the comment got me.

I hope you're appetite has come back! And you're able to keeping nourishing the little one!

I am the same. I really never know what to say, I get it from customers and family members. I have put on two stone so far with 7 weeks to go but I dread seeing certain people because I don't understand why they think it is right to be so negative. I am defiantly not letting them be negative around my child as I don't want their insecurities to rub off on my baby.

So sorry you're getting comments from people. I always tried to take it with a grain of salt when it comes from someone who has never been pregnant because they just don't KNOW. But it really surprised me when it came from other moms. Are they so short sighted that they think its okay? Do they not remember how hard it is already without their rude and unneccesary comments?

I was the opposite- I always got the "but you're so small, you can't possibly be so far along." Made me cringe every time because yes, I WAS measuring small...and that meant constantly having to go for growth scans to make sure he was healthy and spending a good chunk of my pregnancy worrying about his size and all the things that I was told could be wrong. So thank you very much for reminding me of that in the few momwnts where it was finally off my mind. I learned to just listen and trust my doctor and smile and nod with everyone else. I wound up with a baby 2 weeks late and under 7 lbs but perfectly healthy. Once your LO is in your arms safe and healthy, their comments will just be a distant memory :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->