How do you feel about epidurals/natural birth?

When did I nitpick your opinion

I care if other women have horrible, traumatic births :shrug:

You said this at one point which I take as nitpicking my opinion. I don't care how people deliver their babies whether it be natural, epi etc....I'm saying nobody really cares how anyone delivers but that person. That is my opinion. You assumed by my statement that I don't feel bad for those who have traumatic births which I never once stated.

is going overdue common in the US? I'm led to believe not.

My friends mum refused induction (17 years ago now) so its certainly not not allowed just not known of, she went to nearly 44weeks.
Many women now are just so desperate to not be pregnant anymore that as soon as they turn 37weeks the eviction process starts! Which is sad really :(

You said this at one point which I take as nitpicking my opinion. I don't care how people deliver their babies whether it be natural, epi etc....I'm saying nobody really cares how anyone delivers but that person. That is my opinion. You assumed by my statement that I don't feel bad for those who have traumatic births which I never once stated.

Um, well you kind of did say that? Maybe it was a bad choice of wording on your behalf, idk, but saying 'i dont care how other people deliver' can only mean 1 thing? Like I feel terribly bad for the women who are desperate for a natural birth and end up with a csection under a general. It must be very disappointing.

My friends mum refused induction (17 years ago now) so its certainly not not allowed just not known of, she went to nearly 44weeks.
Many women now are just so desperate to not be pregnant anymore that as soon as they turn 37weeks the eviction process starts! Which is sad really :(

i see that in 3rd tri so much and i dont understand it at all :nope:

Not gonna lie, i have no desire to go over 40 weeks if I dont have to. However, I'd rather that than be chemically induced. I will start doing clary sage etc at 38 or 39 weeks.

Um, well you kind of did say that? Maybe it was a bad choice of wording on your behalf, idk, but saying 'i dont care how other people deliver' can only mean 1 thing? Like I feel terribly bad for the women who are desperate for a natural birth and end up with a csection under a general. It must be very disappointing.

I wasn't really referring to those types of births where they don't go as planned which is why I think there's a miscommunication here. I was just referring to the whole natural vs. epi debate under normal circumstances. As in, you may have chosen to go natural and I could have chosen to go with an epi right from the get go. I'm saying that it shouldn't matter which you choose, and I emphasize the word choose if you are given the choice and not in an emergency type of situation. I don't think doing one over the other makes anyone more special or better than anyone, which is the point I was trying to make. Hopefully that makes sense.

I wasn't really referring to those types of births where they don't go as planned which is why I think there's a miscommunication here. I was just referring to the whole natural vs. epi debate under normal circumstances. As in, you may have chosen to go natural and I could have chosen to go with an epi right from the get go. I'm saying that it shouldn't matter which you choose, and I emphasize the word choose if you are given the choice and not in an emergency type of situation. I don't think doing one over the other makes anyone more special or better than anyone, which is the point I was trying to make. Hopefully that makes sense.

Oh right. No, I don't feel sorry for those who chose to have pain relief. I don't really care if they do either LOL just not for me! Was def a miscommunication, no hard feelings :flower:

I was in there a few months ago and there were loads of about 32week women saying they were desperate for the baby to be out. So i said they should all be greatful and just enjoy the experience many women cant concieve and some never make it this far. They basically told me to fuck off :rofl: :dohh:

You are allowed to go over, against medical advice, in the US in most cases (at least I'm pretty sure). You have to sign a form or something, saying that you are going against the opinion of your doctors in most cases. My mother went a few weeks over with my sister, but she regrets doing that now. My sister came out and was kind of dry, not like her previous babies (she had had two at that point). But she had been allowed to carry her until her body gave birth naturally.

Oh its just silly to want the baby out when they're not even term yet :dohh: I wouldn't wish a preemie on anyone after witnessing the upset and worry that some parents on here go through, and its lifelong sometimes too, not just whilst they're babies. Very selfish way to think. The health of their babies clearly isn't worth being a bit uncomfortable for a few months more. Sigh.

I was in there a few months ago and there were loads of about 32week women saying they were desperate for the baby to be out. So i said they should all be greatful and just enjoy the experience many women cant concieve and some never make it this far. They basically told me to fuck off :rofl: :dohh:

I had my girls 10 weeks early.. Maybe when they experience a neonatal and what comes with having preemies they wouldnt be so quick to want them out so soon.

You are allowed to go over, against medical advice, in the US in most cases (at least I'm pretty sure). You have to sign a form or something, saying that you are going against the opinion of your doctors in most cases. My mother went a few weeks over with my sister, but she regrets doing that now. My sister came out and was kind of dry, not like her previous babies (she had had two at that point). But she had been allowed to carry her until her body gave birth naturally.

dry :shrug: As in not covered in vernix? My daughter was a 39 weeker and had NO vernix at all. The MW was rather surprised at it actually and wondered if my dates were slightly wrong as she came out spontaneously and as a first baby, most are overdue.

I didn't want an epidural, I am not too sure why though. Just didn't like the idea of it.

I did however, end up being induced at 42 weeks! Back to back labour was a nightmare and I was so grateful that I could have an epidural.
I guess I would've coped without it, but I think I would have been emotionally scarred from it all!

Next time I am hoping for things to go a little smoother than with Jake. Ended up having an emergency forceps delivery which I got really depressed about afterwards. Felt like I had completely failed.

I do think it doesn't help when some people 'parade' the fact that they had a natural birth and it was the best thing ever etc. It just made me feel so inadequate and like i'd done it all wrong. If that makes sense!!

Well I know all births are different and pain thresholds are different and all, but speaking from my own experience of back to back labour and no pain meds at all, it is excruciating pain and it did emotionally scar me, even now almost a year later I still feel angry at the midwifes for not giving me anything. I seriously almost passed out from pain it was not nice!! So at least you can know you did make the better choice, I wouldn't wish back labour pains on anyone I think thats the type of labour that just requires pain meds!

I had my girls 10 weeks early.. Maybe when they experience a neonatal and what comes with having preemies they wouldnt be so quick to want them out so soon.

Exactly, harrison was 4weeks early and that was bad enough! I cant imagine how hard it is even earlier!

I didn't want an epidural, I am not too sure why though. Just didn't like the idea of it.

I did however, end up being induced at 42 weeks! Back to back labour was a nightmare and I was so grateful that I could have an epidural.
I guess I would've coped without it, but I think I would have been emotionally scarred from it all!

Next time I am hoping for things to go a little smoother than with Jake. Ended up having an emergency forceps delivery which I got really depressed about afterwards. Felt like I had completely failed.

I do think it doesn't help when some people 'parade' the fact that they had a natural birth and it was the best thing ever etc. It just made me feel so inadequate and like i'd done it all wrong. If that makes sense!!

Well I know all births are different and pain thresholds are different and all, but speaking from my own experience of back to back labour and no pain meds at all, it is excruciating pain and it did emotionally scar me, even now almost a year later I still feel angry at the midwifes for not giving me anything. I seriously almost passed out from pain it was not nice!! So at least you can know you did make the better choice, I wouldn't wish back labour pains on anyone I think thats the type of labour that just requires pain meds!

I disagree :shrug: I had a back2back labour (she was born direct OP too) and managed without a epidural and I actually enjoyed my labour. I did have diamorphine at 7cm but could have done without it I think, it didnt do much for the pain, just helped me relax inbetween contractions. idk, i think it just depends on the woman. I dont think back labour is the end of a natural birth at all.

I disagree :shrug: I had a back2back labour (she was born direct OP too) and managed without a epidural and I actually enjoyed my labour. I did have diamorphine at 7cm but could have done without it I think, it didnt do much for the pain, just helped me relax inbetween contractions. idk, i think it just depends on the woman. I dont think back labour is the end of a natural birth at all.

See I never wanted to have diamorphine. As I didnt want to feel spaced out. I am a person who ikes to be in control especially emotionally.
The 'not caring' feeling that people discribed on diamorphine (which I actually had the day after labour lol) I didnt like at all. It was clearly on my birth plan not to hae it at all

Just to be really random - Blah are you going to tandem breastfeed? I imagine that to be so sore on the old nipples!

yes :) no idea but since my nipples are used to bf i dont think itll be as uncomfortable?

I asked that to someone on here, I think it was lightworker? She said it does hurt again like it did with the first one once you have a new baby, unfortunately!

Well this thread sure took off!

I'm scheduled to be induced at 39 weeks. There were complications with my first, and it turned out the "doctor" delivering was actually just a med student. Luckily my doc was down the hall and was able to come in and "save the day" :)

So I told him that I absolutely did not want this to happen again, and he told me the best he could do would be to induce me on a day when he would be there, so he could do it. I'm still a little on the fence with this... It's really important to me that I have someone I trust to deliver my baby, but I'm also a little worried about missing out on the whole "going into labor" part. It's so exciting! Either way, I think I am going to go with the induction, because I'd rather have my babes come out safe... And once he's here I doubt that's what I'll be thinking about!

See I never wanted to have diamorphine. As I didnt want to feel spaced out. I am a person who ikes to be in control especially emotionally.
The 'not caring' feeling that people discribed on diamorphine (which I actually had the day after labour lol) I didnt like at all. It was clearly on my birth plan not to hae it at all

I wasn't spacey. I was hypnobirthing before that and because i was close to transition i suppose it was hard to tell what was me and what was the drugs. I defo didnt feel out of control or light headed or drunk or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->