How do you feel about epidurals/natural birth?

Just to be really random - Blah are you going to tandem breastfeed? I imagine that to be so sore on the old nipples!

yes :) no idea but since my nipples are used to bf i dont think itll be as uncomfortable?

Yeah that's true. I've just realised it looks like i've said you have old nipples :rofl: Not that I know!

I can't wait to breastfeed, something I majorly regret it not trying it with Jake.

its amazing :cloud9: something im almost evangelical about.

See I feel sorry for one of my friends who had a natural birth. She ended up with a 4th degree tear :( She had no intervention at all in terms of assistance or drugs. However I think I would take a section over risking incotiance anyday. However that wasnt how she felt and went on to have another birth although the second time she had a epi.

I think any birth which has long term consoquenses for the mother be it physiclaly or metally is something to be a little sad about. But us women get on with it in the main dont we!

:( your poor friend. thankfully 4th degree tears are very rare. did she give birth very quickly?

No she was in labour for 3 days. However I think the Lo was pretty stuck when the MW said one more push or we'll get the forceps. She got her out next push so I think she just put too much into it. I personally dont think her pushing stage sounded like it was hnadled verywell. But I wasnt there so cannot really say. She doesnt have a problem with it though and choose to have another vaginal birth even though they were recomending a csection. She might regret it later in life but with a 14month old already 6 weeks of being limited in what you can do wasnt really an option. :shrug:

I dont personally know anyone who had a straight forward text book birth in RL. Maybe normal isnt normal anymore :shrug:

oh bless her.

i do think its a postcode lottery cos most of the people who have had babies in the last few years have had vaginal births with no epi. only 2 have been emergency csections - 1 cos of pre-eclampsia, 1 under GA cos of decels.

Without starting a new thread... and you girls are responding quick.

Can I put frozen sausages straight into batter mix for toad in the hole... or shall I partially cook them first?

I normally do that.

depends how long your yorkies take?

You know that you don't HAVE to be induced for going over. You can opt for monitoring instead (that's what I did)

how long did you go over?

Kaya was 42+2, there was no way I was being induced and strapped to a bed being constantly monitored (they tried to tell me this wouldn't happen, but I knew otherwise), I was going for my homebirth - almost got it too, but my babies just don't come out the way they should lol

You know that you don't HAVE to be induced for going over. You can opt for monitoring instead (that's what I did)

Really?! My midwife never offered this to me. :dohh:
I think she saw me as desperate to get him out but I would've loved to have gone into labour naturally.

In all honesty, I don't think my dates were correct.

Ah, well you see it's something they don't like to advertise. My family has a history of going over 42 weeks, so I knew it was a possibility so made sure I educated myself on the alternatives to induction. They are supposed to offer monitoring as an option, but they never do - you've got to demand it and fight for it

Without starting a new thread... and you girls are responding quick.

Can I put frozen sausages straight into batter mix for toad in the hole... or shall I partially cook them first?

I normally do that.

:haha: this made me giggle.. I cook mine for a little bit before.

I'd precook your sausages a bit.. 'brown' them!

42+2 isn't too bad, I wouldnt like to go much longer though tbh cos id be terrified of a huge baby that gets stuck or something!

I wonder whats the longest anyone has gone and how big baby was

I have absolutely no problem with people having a preference. I said I had one too.

All I objected to was the word less.

The word less is all I objected to. The only implication I objected to. The only suggestion I objected to. The only fucking thing I objected to. Now stop putting words in my mouth.

Jesus Christ.

:thumbup: Seems to be the common theme in these threads.

venus i think you just confused me with someone else or something cos your posts to me made no sense at all :shrug:

You're missing the point, but what could be conveyed in two seconds face-to-face will never happen on a forum. And the aggressive emotion wasn't actually directed toward you, it was in response to a response that tied in with a previous statement.
It was my post. And I'm sorry, Nic, if I pissed you off; I did't mean to single out your post but the sentence I bolded exemplified a feeling I was getting and I was told it didn't exist.

venus i think you just confused me with someone else or something cos your posts to me made no sense at all :shrug:

umm? I dunno lol
I just didn't like having my opinion nit picked like my birth/labour wasn't a good experience.

umm? I dunno lol
I just didn't like having my opinion nit picked like my birth/labour wasn't a good experience.

When did I nitpick your opinion and insinuate your birth wasn't a good experience for you?

You're missing the point, but what could be conveyed in two seconds face-to-face will never happen on a forum. And the aggressive emotion wasn't actually directed toward you, it was in response to a response that tied in with a previous statement.
It was my post. And I'm sorry, Nic, if I pissed you off; I did't mean to single out your post but the sentence I bolded exemplified a feeling I was getting and I was told it didn't exist.

I'm sorry Hun, I didn't mean to cause you any hurt :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"