How do you know you're ovulating?

TrinityAlisha

Reaction score
The calculator said the 5th was my day this month AND I had EWCM at the time. Since of course AF showed I'm wondering if I was wrong...

When did AF arrive, today? If FF said you O'd on the 5th that could very well be true. The 5th was exactly 14 days ago. So if you have a "Normal" luteal phase that would be 14 days. So sounds like FF was correct! :) Unfortunately since AF showed that means no pg :( I'm sorry!

It varies from person to person. Try Wondfo ovulation sticks. I also usually feel ovulation pain - a dull pain in lower abdomen area. For me, that's the easiest sign. I have ovulated on different days of my cycle in consecutive months.

All signs pointed to me ovulating on the same day as you this month. This was way earlier in my cycle, so I wasn't sure if I'd even ovulated at all... But I'm in the process of getting my AF today (she's starting slow, but she's definitely coming) so that would put me at a perfect 14-day luteal phase. It seems like the timeline wouldn't work out so perfectly if I hadn't actually ovulated. I would think the same is probably true for you. Sorry this wasn't your month. I know it's such a bummer. :(

Fingers crossed that next month brings us both BFPs!

Okay, well it is entirely possible to have a 12-day luteal phase. In fact, it could have been shorter than that, as many women ovulate shortly after fertile signs are observed, like the day after you saw your EWCM. It is really hard to say. In any case, you definitely could have ovulated this month, only for it to end in AF. That is perfectly normal. The average fertile couple has about a 20% chance of conceiving on any given cycle (depending on age), which is why it can take 6-12 months to wind up pregnant in even the best of scenarios. If you are an older mom, they do encourage you to seek help after 6 months with no success, mainly because the risk that you do not fall into the "normal/healthy/fertile" camp has gone up, and you may need intervention. I hate knowing that even if all the stars align, I only have about a 1/5 chance of getting pregnant each month. It can be a little disheartening... Though it can also be of some comfort when my AF comes, because there is always the chance that I just want lucky that month (rather than there being something wrong with me or my husband). :(

I hope you are able to spot your ovulation in time next month and that you get your BFP really soon. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->