how do you ladies get your LOs to go to sleep in there own bed by themselves

Duejan2012

mommy of dd, ds, & preggo
Reaction score
My daughter has always been a GREAT sleeper. She never used a pacifier and we stopped with the bottles when she was 13 months. She slept through the night since about a month old or so. But she has never been able to just go to sleep in her bed. She can come out to the living room and fall asleep on the sofa or in our bed. Even when she is in her bed she just lays there for hours trying to sleep but just cant. She doesnt cry or anything she really trys. So we have just been letting her fall asleep on the sofa then taking her to her bed. But if she wakes at night for go the bathroom or something she has no problem going back to sleep in her own bed. Any suggestions on how to get her to fall asleep in her own bed. I would hate to carry her to her room when shes 10 haha

I had this exact same problem until 3 days ago and Madi who is nearly 3 has been finally falling asleep in her own bed. It was getting exhausting carrying her from my bed to hers. The reason she is falling asleep in her own bed is i let her watch a DVD, she just lays there and then just falls asleep. Dont know weather you agree with TV or not, but worked for me. :)

my sons 2 and stil in my room i take him to bed lay on my bed til hes asleep and thats it, im not looking forward to having him going on his own tho :haha:

Omar doesn't self settle even when he used to sleep in his cot when he was a baby. Now we co-sleep. I lie down next to him until he sleeps & sometimes I cuddle him to sleep.

What is her bedtime routine? Bath, story in bed, stay with her in bed until she falls asleep? (if you can do that, then you can slowly move away from the bed and out of her room leaving her to self settle.

What is her bed time?

I think that you need to be consistent and firm.

QT

I wouldn't say we have a tactic for putting Leo or Lex to bed but we believe in self settling from a young age so its a case of put them to bed,give them their blankie/teddie , say 'night night love you' ,walk out and close door and thats that!They nod off either straight away or roll around for awhile,Leo sometimes is still yapping an hour later.We only go back in if they start crying and we just lay them down,don't talk and come back out again.

Every kid is different and every parent is different..What suits one family might not suit another.

My youngest self settled from 9 weeks old..........fast forward to 19 months old and she would scream if i left her so since then i lay with her until she falls asleep........doing this doesnt bother me at all...at least she is falling asleep in her bed iykwim x

Thats just it she goes to sleep around 8. She is on a schedule eat dinner take a bath she drinks her milk then she goes to bed. She goes into her bed with no problem and stays there trying to sleep tossing and turning but just cant. She doesnt get out of her bed. She would stay awake until 12 if i didnt come get her to lay down with me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->