How do you manage to wait till 6 months before 'weaning'?

I still think it's mostly perception. All the people I know who wanted to follow the guidelines were able to. If you think your baby is going to need feeding by 4 months then you will start looking for signs they are ready.

Gosh, some of these comments :nope:
Yes I personally think the OP was wrong giving her 4 week old rusk, but like she said, she was a FTM and took advice (clearly very outdated advice) from her mum, she clearly didn't know any better, but I really think some of these comments are really mean and uncalled for.
I haven't read this whole thread, I just can't be bothered, but honestly I don't think she wanted to start a debate :shrug:

Getting back on subject, I weaned from 4 months because my LO had reflux. Some may disagree, but I also think it depends on whether LO is FF or BF. I seem to notice a lot that most babies that are FF are weaned earlier than BF babies. Maybe its just a coincidence?

I go to baby groups every week with 10/11 other mummies, all who have babies the same age as my LO. Not one of them waited until the recommended 6 months to wean. All of them were weaned within 4-5 months. BnB is supposed to help people who are looking for genuine advice, this thread is surely just going to make people scared to ask anything! I know for a fact I've always been cautious to start threads about weaning because its such a heated subject! I think its brilliant that some of you mummies wait until 6 months, but every baby is different!! I just really don't think it's right to call the OP 'clueless' and say 'after 2 kids she should know better'. How bloody rude :growlmad:

I hate that if you wait till 6 months you're somehow not using your instincts and blindly following guidelines. Maybe due to the research i've done my instincts are simply telling me its better to wait. Every time someone asks me if LO is on solids yet and I said no we're waiting till 6 months they look at me like I'm crazy and always say something like "it's just a guideline you know" as if I haven't taken the time to educate myself on the subject. I was telling my auntie about how babies under 6 months shouldn't be given gluten and she just completely dismissed it and said "yeah but how many babies have coeliac disease really":dohh:

I agree with what you are saying, but by the same token it really irks me that everyone who weans before 6 months can be made to feel that they are giving their child some sort of medical condition.
Yes, some people wean for reaction etc, but some also wean as their child does actually need it, but sometimes on here it feels the automatic assumption to those who wean 'early' is because they are not educated in regards to weaning. These people are maybe the few who's children do actually need weaning before 6 months.

Im not saying this is you, just giving the other side.
Maybe we are all a little defensive as feelings can be strong. Who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->