How do you refuse the nasal flu vaccine?

Oooo the BCG vaccine was the worst!

We did get a letter from school to tick which we wanted our child to have the fly spray or opt out!
We also got a information leaflet !

Like others have said I would put it in writing so there’s no confusion/ misunderstanding !

The girls will be having there’s in December

I absolutely dread it and its not even me getting it! I can either opt for baby to have it before he leaves hospital, or at a year old... I don't know which ones worse!!!

I think my two get the flu spray next week, I'm really starting to consider getting mine done, almost 35 weeks pregnant and people are falling like flies around me with the flu!

I think I'd opt for a year old personally as a newborn is just sooo tiny and vulnerable! But that's me!

No flu here as yet but I've heard it can be very nasty in pregnancy so if you're in close contact with people who have it, it may well be worth protecting yourself. Does it make a baby immune too?

Just dont sign the consent. I've never signed the consent form so they've never given it to my daughter. I dont consider it a necessary vacination. Unlike mmr etc which she had all of. Im also meant to have the flu but the injection as I'm a carer and have a low immune system but never have. I'm pretty healthy even with a low immune system

I was thinking a year old too, I know a newborn would bounce back quicker but I just can't! Normal immunisations wreck me mentally never mind this BCG one, but I know it's for the best I guess!

And apparently the flu vaccine protects baby for a while after hes born, which I like that idea :)

Just dont sign the consent. I've never signed the consent form so they've never given it to my daughter. I dont consider it a necessary vacination. Unlike mmr etc which she had all of. Im also meant to have the flu but the injection as I'm a carer and have a low immune system but never have. I'm pretty healthy even with a low immune system

I don't have a consent form to not sign, that's the problem. :( Just a stupid link that seemingly only allows you to consent. So hopefully if I don't do that, they will get it right. Sadly, I don't really trust anyone to do their job properly now that I have children to worry about!

If it's causing this much stress because you don't trust them to do their jobs, just send an extra note in.

Did you manage to get it sorted? Thomas has the flu spray and we had a consent form but the nurse rang me the day before as we have a family member with compromised immunity (cancer treatment) so she just wanted to advise if they were still having treatment to keep thomas away for 2 weeks because it's a live vaccine. I should imagine they would ring to confirm if you didn't click the link x

Hi,

Still haven't heard anything! And they still haven't had it either so I'm talking to the teacher after half term to confirm everything. She's pretty on the ball and wouldn't let anything go wrong I don't think.

Hope everything is going ok for you guys and Thomas. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->