How do you start christmas morning???

wtbmummy

Reaction score
How do you start the day on Christmas morning?

Ds gets his stocking in his bedroom and will wake us to go in his room whilst he opens it all up. I then like to sneak down first and turn the tree lights on etc.. as its still dark and lights up the presents so nicely.

Then everyone opens presents and I make breakfast (which ds ignores as to excited, very understandable)

I'm wondering if its worth us all eating breakfast in the kitchen before coming in to the presents to make sure ds has something "reasonable" in his tummy. (We have the christmas tree crumpets)

So how do you start the day in your home??

We usually wait upstairs until all of us are up and then go downstairs together.
We usually have breakfast partway through the present opening. The present opening usually takes hours as Holly gets sidetracked by each present!

One of the kids usualy wakes up first. They come into our bed while we wait for the other kid to wake up. Then we all head downstairs. The door way is always wrapped to the living room. We all head into the kitchen we let the dog out and hand the kids a quick breakfast while we make tea, and answer " can we go in yet?!" About 1000 times. Finally we let them tare down the paper and charge into the living room. It's about 15 minutes tops from getting downstairs to getting into the living room but it feels like a life time.

The girls open their gift sacks from us up in bed, we then go downstairs and start pottering with breakfast and mor opening. This year we have BIL staying and his GF who are sleeping downstairs so I may send them a text when we wake up so they can clear up the bedding quickly...

Will try and keep girls upstairs till about half 6. Then I will prob get dressed and go downstairs. Will let them open stockings and sort breakfast and then wait for ex to get here and my parents to get up so we can start on presents .

The kids open their stockings in our bed. OH or FIL will go downstairs and then switch all the Christmas lights on then I'll take the kids downstairs..it will be chaos in the morning haha

DD1 will probably wake us up this year. Shes very excited and actually gets it this year.

Me or OH will go down put the fire and tree lights on. Then we will all go down together and let the madness begin! . We will have breakfast somewhere in between the present opening !

Have a lovely day !

Ds1 usually wakes us up and we have a cup of tea and then do stockings upstairs. Last year we did things differently so now we come down stairs and have breakfast and after that they do their main presents. I'm tempted to wrap the door to the front room this year to make it more exciting

Pretty much just rush down stairs, locate your pile and start opening.

The girls have their stockings in their bedrooms, so hopefully when DD wakes up she'll bring them into our bed to open. I'll send dh down to make a cup of tea! Then after we're done with that we'll go downstairs in our PJ's and the girls will open their presents.

Our older two LO's come into our bed with their stockings when they wake up. DD2 will probably wake up from the noise. They open their stockings on our bed and then we head downstairs and see whether Santa has been. Then breakfast and after that we open presents.

wake up go down and open stockings first and by then i'm actually alive and they take turns to open a present each til there done then i set them away with a toy and make breakfast, nothing big just small then we get ready to go to my mams.

I go down first to start the meat cooking. Go back up and wait for everybody to wake up. Crack on with the presents. Sometimes miss breakfast from excitement/chocolate munching. But either have crumpets or fry up.
Start playing with toys once opened.

No idea what to do with stockings.

When the baby wakes we'll go get DS1 and then all go upstairs together. The boys can have their one santa present and then we'll all have breakfast. After that we all open stockings and the boys can play whilst me and OH get dressed, then we'll all go for a walk and then come back to make lunch and open main presents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->