How do you stop worrying?

Sib - yay for the good growth and heartrate!

Thank you for this info, too:
At your appointment in 3 weeks, you'll be what, 8 or 9 weeks? If I remember correctly they should do an ultrasound at the normal intake visit to check that everything is good and to date the baby and give you an actual due date.

I'll technically (by LMP) be 10 weeks 1 day at that appointment but I guess in reality more like 9 weeks and 3 4 or 5 days. I'll ask if they're planning to do an ultrasound then and if not request one either for earlier that day or maybe at the end of the week before that. I asked what to expect at that appointment when I was talking to the receptionist/scheduling person and she made it sound like it was basically just going over a lot of information (for 90 minutes!) which seems silly and also like at 10 weeks is awful late to do that. And talking about some tests (I suppose whether to do NT scan, CVS, etc...?) that would happen later. As with all medical stuff the scheduling seems strange. Like, for example, I would think they'd want to have me get whatever standard blood tests need to be done a few days before that so they would then have the results and could go over them with me at that appointment. But that would be too logical. But maybe ther is a scan as part of that appointment and she just forgot to tell me.

I wanted to update my scan results. I'm pretty terrified actually. My scan showed just a gestational sac, which measured at 6 weeks 2 days. My doctor had my blood taken and my levels are OK, within normal range, but not as high as I would have liked to see. I go back for another scan and blood draw on Monday morning...

JillieBean- so sorry that you didn't get reassuring news from the ultrasound!!! I really hope that Monday's scan is better! So many people have posted stories of getting a scare like that and then it being OK and my fingers are crossed for you that you'll end up having one of those stories.

Jillie, so sorry! Fingers crossed Monday brings better news! We'll be thinking about you!

Hi Ladies! So, ultrasound was overall good. Baby is growing, doc said "appropriate size" and heart rate was good (163 but baby was sleeping which doc says that's why it was less than last week, which was 182). He was unable to see the yolk sac, which was visible last week. He said it isn't uncommon for it to be small or gone by now and his machine isn't the best, so he referred me to another MD that has a really good ultrasound machine to look. Not sure what this means, he said the yolk sac is indicative of genetics. So I guess now I have something new to worry about. Anyone have any experience with this?

Jillie, what happened with the scan yesterday?

Nothing again, the sac hasn't grown and my HCG levels barely moved. I started misoprostol yesterday. It's horrible, but being in limbo and not knowing was even more torture. No more rollercoaster of emotions. Now I need to wait a few cycles to get back on the horse. Trying to stay positive.

Jillie, I'm so sorry! Wish there was something I could say :( :hugs: At least you are moving forward now. That's all we have to go on on this crazy journey...we keep moving forward. Take your time to grieve and then keep your chin up and keep on trucking. Thinking of you!

Ok, had the ultrasound this morning. All is well. They were able to see the sac and said the growth has caught up to the gestational age. I am 9w3d, baby measures 9w1d. So relieved!

Very sorry to hear JillieBean.

Much luck when you start trying again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"