How do you stop worrying?

JillieBean

Expecting #2
Reaction score
Only a few weeks after my chemical, I found out I was pregnant again. I'm only 3 weeks and 5 days at this point and I have not been able to stop worrying.
Examining TP (I've had very slight brown spotting today) and every uncomfortable feeling in my stomach has me worried.
I had an appt with my OBGYN today, hoping it would calm my nerves. Not so much. I POAS there, good line, but the nurse was kind of looking at me like I was crazy for being in there so early.
I insisted they take blood, and I'm going back in on Friday for the results and to have more blood taken.
I could go nuts! How and when will I stop worrying I will m/c again!? I realize there is really nothing I can do to prevent it, but I'm sure all this anxiety isn't helping.

I'm really sorry you're so worried. I was exactly the same being pregnant so soon after my mc. The first tri was awful as I was just convinced I would mc. The second tri I used my Doppler everyday from 15 weeks, it was an actual god send and kept me sane. And after about 20 weeks I felt the baby moving and it just gets stronger and more frequent and is just beyond reassuring.
I don't think there's anything you can do to stop worrying, only with time you start to feel more confident in your pregnancy. Please just take it easy and wait it out until you get to the stage where your bean has a really good chance of making it.
The worry never leaves though, I'm always reading up on survival rates and get stressed if I haven't felt baba move for a few hours. You just get better at coping with it.
Those first few weeks are stressful but just remember its not likely to happen again and the chances are in a few months time you're going to be holding that BFP in your arms xx

I'm really sorry you're so worried. I was exactly the same being pregnant so soon after my mc. The first tri was awful as I was just convinced I would mc. The second tri I used my Doppler everyday from 15 weeks, it was an actual god send and kept me sane. And after about 20 weeks I felt the baby moving and it just gets stronger and more frequent and is just beyond reassuring.
I don't think there's anything you can do to stop worrying, only with time you start to feel more confident in your pregnancy. Please just take it easy and wait it out until you get to the stage where your bean has a really good chance of making it.
The worry never leaves though, I'm always reading up on survival rates and get stressed if I haven't felt baba move for a few hours. You just get better at coping with it.
Those first few weeks are stressful but just remember its not likely to happen again and the chances are in a few months time you're going to be holding that BFP in your arms xx

Thank you so much. That actually made me feel better. I've also been reminding myself of all the reasons I will remain pregnant. In other words, focusing on the positive.

Honestly, I had to throw myself into work. I tried really hard to focus on other things and to think about the pregnancy as little as possible. If I had been POAS or getting betas done all the time, I would have gone insane. The best thing for me to do was basically pretend I wasn't pregnant. That's the only way I got through the beginning without losing my mind.

Hey Jillie

I don't think there is any way to stop worrying, like I posted on your other thread I am in the EXACT same position, I am having blood work done tomorrow, Tuesday and then Thursday next week so that I can see if my numbers are increasing well. I'm hoping that will help me to not worry so much. I'm also trying not to tell my OH since he is a BIG worrier and I'd like to know that the numbers are good.

I won't lie, I've peed on 2 sticks this morning :) and it's still not helping hahaha I do keep talking to my stomach telling him/her to hold on tight!! makes me feel better... :)

Maybe we can worry through this together? I think that I am 4 weeks today, I have a 21 day cycle and today is day 21.

Fingers crossed.

Kim

Hey Jillie

I don't think there is any way to stop worrying, like I posted on your other thread I am in the EXACT same position, I am having blood work done tomorrow, Tuesday and then Thursday next week so that I can see if my numbers are increasing well. I'm hoping that will help me to not worry so much. I'm also trying not to tell my OH since he is a BIG worrier and I'd like to know that the numbers are good.

I won't lie, I've peed on 2 sticks this morning :) and it's still not helping hahaha I do keep talking to my stomach telling him/her to hold on tight!! makes me feel better... :)

Maybe we can worry through this together? I think that I am 4 weeks today, I have a 21 day cycle and today is day 21.

Fingers crossed.

Kim

Thank you so much. I'd love to worry (or try not to) with you :hugs:

As others have said, you never stop worrying.

With each milestone you reach, such as getting through when af is due or when your last mc was, then your weekly anniversary date etc, the worry does get a little less.

Just take each day as it comes.

oh and something else to add to my worry... no real symptoms yet... ahhh.. as much as I know how horrible that I'm going to feel at this point I would looove to have some symptoms...

No symptoms at that stage is completely normal. There are such a low amount if pregnancy hormones kicking about that its likely you won't feel pregnant until 5/6ish weeks if not after. Remember the stress isn't good for your bean. Positive thinking. I just kept saying to myself 'there is no reason I will lose this baby'

Me too.. positive thinking!!!

Hey Jillie did you get the results of your bloodwork? I had some done this morning, they said it might be back late this afternoon... if not Tuesday.. I know it's the change in levels that matters, but I would love to know that I have a normal level..

I still haven't told my OH yet LOL

Can't believe that you haven't already told him!!! Hoping for results by the end of the day.

hahaha I've been stalking your thread here hoping to see those second set of numbers (which I am suure will be perfect!!!)... I'm giving up hope for me getting my results today...

I think he may know... he normally has no clue about my cycle, but because of the chemical he actually knew.. he said to me last night, shouldn't you be starting soon? I said yeah any day now but having just had a loss, the first cycle will likely be a little wonky :winkwink: LOL he bought it for now.... but he assumes he'll know so I'm trying really hard not to tip him off!

I actually just got a call from my doctor herself. The numbers have more than tripled, I'm now at 721.1
:cloud9:

So glad you posted--worry has been keeping me up at night! Some good strategies here.

MonyMOny you can worry along with us :)

Jillie awesome numbers!!!!!

Despite my good good news, worry is still knocking at my door, but I'd rather be hopeful and vulnerable than negative and stressed!

I think you are right jillie these milestones will help us rationalize tht all is good but worry still creeps in there :) positive thinking is the way to go... my motto in life has been to worry about things that i can change only... otherwise its a waste of energy!!

Hi ladies...I hope you don't mind me jumping in. I just found out that I am pregnant after 3 losses. The first one the heart stopped at 8.5 weeks and I miscarried at 12 weeks. The second two I was only 4-5 weeks when I miscarried. I will be 6 weeks on Monday and have had 3 HCG levels drawn. All have been good showing my level is doubling about every 2 days. My stress now is my first ultrasound, which is scheduled for Wednesday. I am so scared of what they may see or not see! I am trying so hard to take it day by day and I've done a pretty good job, but this ultrasound is giving me nightmares!

Thanks for listening! Good luck to you all!

Jillie, your level is amazing! Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->