How do you think these beta results are?

branham22

Reaction score
I was having some light pink spotting and went to ER. They said I had a uti and a yeast infection. They did an ultrasound (not very good quality and not vaginal). And they didn't see much besides the sac since I am only 5 weeks. He said that the ultrasound looked normal and he didn't see reason for concern from it. I had betas drawn and they were at 600. Is this good for exactly 5 weeks or not?

The numbers don't matter as much as the fact if they are doubling every 48 hours so only off of one test it's hard to say

The normal range for 5 weeks is 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml

Yours sound about average which is fab x

The ER doctor said they are not going to repeat (he talked to my OBGYN) in 48 hours because they weren't worried about my number. Which is good. I just thought 600 seemed kind of low.

I wouldn't worry about it if two doctors think everything looks good! Glad you got checked out.

I wouldn't worry about it if two doctors think everything looks good! Glad you got checked out.

Very true! Thanks for your help! :)

I have one more question: When they did my ultrasound they saw the gestational sac but no yoak sac or baby. Is that normal for 5 weeks 0 days? Or should they have seen more?

That's normal, especially since it was abdominal. Even if it had been a transvaginal it's still normal not see anything but a sac at this stage. Looks like everything is just as it should be. GL

That makes me feel better! I was just worried about not seeing yoak sac or fetal pole. Thanks for your help!

I think it's normal. At 5+3 with my dd there was a sac and fetal pole but no heart beat with a transvaginal u/s. if it had been earlier we wouldn't have seen the fetal pole. a day or two make a big difference at the early days.

I think it's normal. At 5+3 with my dd there was a sac and fetal pole but no heart beat with a transvaginal u/s. if it had been earlier we wouldn't have seen the fetal pole. a day or two make a big difference at the early days.

Thank you! This is a silly question but did you see the gestational sac or the yoak sac?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->