how do you wash yours?

I've never done all these washes, rinses etc and I've been CDing off and on for 2 years. Although microfiber holds the smells easier than cotton for sure.

I've found Surf powder with Essential Oils is fab at getting stains out.. anything left I always hope the sun can get them out :lol:
After much playing around, I've found that putting them on a 40 degree cotton wash with a built in prewash and extra rinse has really done the trick. They smell great too because of the essential oils and Evie's night nappies always smell foul when I take them off :sick:

i wash on a 40degree cotton wash with a super rinse and if there are quitre a few nappies i also add an extra rinse, now and then i will do a 60degree wash depending on the dirtiness of the nappies, but normally when i take them off her i hose them down with the shower on the most powerful setting using cold water first and a little shampoo to help get majority of poo off n then with a little hot water . i use fairy non bio and so far have been lucky with stains and smell x

i wash on a 40degree cotton wash with a super rinse and if there are quitre a few nappies i also add an extra rinse, now and then i will do a 60degree wash depending on the dirtiness of the nappies, but normally when i take them off her i hose them down with the shower on the most powerful setting using cold water first and a little shampoo to help get majority of poo off n then with a little hot water . i use fairy non bio and so far have been lucky with stains and smell x

I do this too and it really helps reduce the amount of staining :thumbup:

yeah any pooey ones i rinse first until the water runs clear then pail it until i do a machine wash
i think i will just try the 40 wash next time and see how that goes, my machine just likes to take its time! we had a new one recently and our old one never used to take more than 40 mins, now the quickest one is 1:24, the longest being 3h!
im just impatient i guess, doesnt help being quite new and only having a small stash, they need to be clean and dry quickly!

Yeah my wash takes about 3 hours with the prewash and extra rinse added! We started out with a fairly small stash so I was washing every day, sometimes only having 5 nappies in the machine, just to make sure they got dry in time for use lol! It does get better hun, once your stash builds up, you wont have to wash so much ;)

We wash every 3/4 days, dry pailing. La's poos are solid now so unless she's sat in it a lot and squished it in (ick) they fall off easily so minimal stains. My machine doesn't have a separate rinse cycle so I turn the dial until it's on the final rinse part of a cycle so it rinses, then do a 40 degree wash with extra rinse. I use non-bio (cheap Iceland brand, Easy - not tested on animals!) although I do have a naughty box of Bold 2-in-1 for the occasional wash if they seem like they're a bit whiffy.

My BG flip inserts went a bit stinky a while ago so I bleached them and it really helped.

just rinsed a pooey one with the shower head
FAB idea! worked a treat!

Our bucket is usually full every 2 days.

I just put them in on a 30degree wash (takes 30 minutes) with Bold 2 in 1.
Any bad staining gets sunned out but the Bold tackles most of the stains anyway.

I used to use Fairy non bio and Id have to do an extra 2 or 3 rinses after the wash as it would build up in the nappies/inserts etc quickly and we had a smell problem.

Now I dont need to do extra rinsing with the Bold as they come out clean and smelling nice :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->