How does this sound??

bethany

Reaction score
I've been trying to decide what nappies to get for when my bub arrives, how does this sound for starters??

4 Small Itti SIOs
2 Medium Itti SIOs
3 Issy Bears
3 Small Fuzzi Bunnz
2 Medium Fuzzi Bunnz
3 Cushie Tushies
3 Blueberry Bamboos
1 Wee Notions (or Night Notions?!)

I've tried to get a mix of different brands and some sized, some Birth - Pottys. But do you think it sounds okay?? Please do say if you'd reccomend anything different because I am so new to this.

Also - would you reccomend buying any boosters? If so - for which nappies? and which boosters?

And last question - can I wash all the different brands of nappies together without colours running or anything?!

Thank you! :) x

Thats a LOVELY starter stash, You've gone for lots of 'pretty' nappies as well, I'd possibly think about having some sturdy plainer nappies as well, flips, close parent pop-ins (in either dream dri or bamboo), bambooties, bumgenius V2/3 come to mind.

Okay brilliant! Thank you :) My sister in law uses Fuzzi Bunnz full time which seem quite sturdy. Do you think if I get maybe 3/4 bumgenius' that would be enough? Or should I maybe replace some of the cushies with them and maybe get an extra 2 flips or something and just the one cushies? Thank you for your reply!! x

Sounds good but i'd probably hang off buying anymore 'sized' nappies ie meds. so you can try them and see if you like them first.

Flips are a cheaper, good quality stash builder.

you need to consider how many nappies you will go through on a daily basis and how often you want to wash them really.

Bare in mind though, unless your expecting a 10lb+ baby, most birth to potty style nappies don't get the best of fits in the early days.

as for boosters, you won't really know if you'll need them until you've tried your LO in the nappies. ie heavy wetter. you can get generic boosters, but brands like Ittis have custom ones specifically made for their nappies.

as much as i loved ittis the didn't like Q's shape and leaked. it is all trial and error unfortunately.

When I first started using cloth I bought 1 or almost every nappy I could find! Just to see whether they worked for us and whether I liked them. Issy Bears are my absolute favourite and I'm buying up more of them. I still buy different brands when I see a new one I haven't tried before.
LittleStar has given you fab info - just like remembering that btp are bulky on little ones etc.
Now you just need to wait for your LO to arrive to model the nappies! :D

Thanks for your help everyone. It's such a mind field knowing where to start. I've spoken to my husband, and we've decided not to buy any flips and instead buy 4 more small sized nappies - then we can use all sized until baby gets a bit bigger, then start buying B-Ps, then start buying mediums when the smalls don't fit any more. We want to have 4 or 5 children eventually so we don't mind spending a fair amount of money on nappies as they will last for at least a few babies (i would hope?!!) I don't really like the look of flips - they look quite bulky? Are they more trim than they look on the internet?

flips are the trimmest birth to potty nappy i have or tried (I've tried loads - over 20 types of nappy) the stay dry are really compact ideal for the change bag, and really absorbent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->