How far along am I? Confused!!

Abbey08

Reaction score
Hi All!! I just recently got my first ever BFP and have a question...

Why do docs go off the 1st day of your LMP (last menstrual period) to decide due date? Because I know I didn’t O til 11/15-11/19ish but according to the estimated due date they gave me (8/8/15) puts me at 5weeks 2 days pregnant and I think I would be more like 3 weeks 2 days. Should I consider myself 3 or 5 weeks pregnant?

1st day of last period: November 1st
App has O day between 11/14-11/20
Average of 32 day cycles
Tested positive: December 5th
Estimated deliver date: August 8, 2015

I can't remember why they do that, if you know when you ovulated by a positive opk then I'd go by that date but add 14 days, otherwise I'dgo by lmp however if you have a longer than 28 day cycle then you'll need to take that into account.
Easiest thing to do it look at a due date calculator online that you can put all your info in. It'll only be an estimate until you get a dating scan.
Xx

I have read on several websites about the add 14 days thing. So does that mean your considered 2 weeks pregnant the day you conceive? Strange!

They go with LMP since many women do not know when they ovulate and women know when their LMP was. I'm the same way. With my daughter I ovulated on day 21. When he thought I was 8 weeks I was really only 7w 1d. (implanted early). And same thing with this pregnancy. Went in when he thought I was going to be 7w 3d and in reality I was 6w 4d.

Try not to stress until you get a dating scan. if you know when you for sure ovulated due to a temp change (sorry OPK's) then go with that. Just because you have a positive OPK does not mean you ovulate. Temp change shows that you ovulated. So if you think you ovulated on say Nov 17th, you would be about 5 weeks pregnant. 2 weeks prior to ovulation is counted and then 3 weeks after ovulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->