How far on was you before you told your employer you was pregnant?

Kandl123

Family of 3, soon to be 4
Reaction score
As title says really. With my DD, I told them pretty much straight away as I found out.
Last time when pregnant with my angel, I didn't tell them at all. But sadly lost baby at 9+1
This time however, I don't want people to know, but I feel like I should tell my boss? Maybe because I've got terrible sickness lasting all day everyday.. I don't want him to think I'm taking the pi** if I keep going to be sick iykwim. I start at 1.30 today, and I'm dreading going in as I feel so run down. I'm 6+3 today

I had to tell a senior boss right away so I could be taken off a school trip as I couldn't get the necessary vaccines. The trip is next week so it's about to become public that I'm not going (which is a pretty big deal) and I'm uncomfortably going to say 'personal reasons' to anyone who asks....except I'm thinking of telling my head of department as I feel he deserves to know and so he doesn't think I'm slacking with all the exhaustion and headaches I've been having? Ideally I wouldn't make it known until January when we're back from Xmas break and I'll be 15/16 weeks by then.

I told my boss at 5 weeks. The only reason I could think of not to tell us incase I have another mc, and if I have another mc I'll tell her anyway because I'll be having a few days off! So there was no need for me to keep it from her.

Fourteen weeks. I pretty much kept it to my husband and I until the first trimester was over. I have only told my bosses so far. Coworkers I think I'll tell later... I really like not being the center of attention and it seems like everyone else in my life is soo focused on the baby I think I will hold on to some normalcy for a little longer. That and I'm not particularly close with any of them and just don't care to hear their opinions.

I think around 20 weeks with the first two, and just after the 12 week scan with this one. I just felt more comfortable this time.

I started a new job and days later found out I was pregnant! So I won't be telling them until after my probation period of 3 months. I'll be about 18 weeks then. I'd tell them sooner but really don't want to lose my job!!

I actually told my boss and main coworker yesterday. I am 7 weeks. I really wanted to wait a couple but I am so miserably sick so I decided to tell them. We are all pretty close though so it wasn't like an awkward serious conversation or anything

With DD I had to tell my boss pretty early on, I think I was 6-7 weeks. I was just so sick it was really affecting my performance.

I'm about five weeks at the moment and ideally I'd like to wait until after the 12 week scan but I will have to see if I develop morning sickness again. Last time it started about a week from now. As this is my second pregnancy I might also start showing earlier so may not be able to keep it a secret anyway. I feel like I already look bloated!

Will be telling my boss as soon as I find the heartbeat, or after my u/s next week. I would wait until after first tri, but my existing tummy pudge combined with my baby bloat is starting to tell my secret for me (already had someone at work ask me).

I told my boss at 9 weeks as I had a bleed and couldn't work (I'm a children's swim instructor), otherwise I'd have just waited until I'd had my 12 week scan.

I told my boss the day I found out because my job is so physical that I needed modified duties.

I'm hoping before Xmas break but finding it very hard and a struggle at mo (I'm a teacher) so might have to tell early see how tomorrow goes x

My personal experience wasn't the best. This was back in 2008 when I was pregnant with my first baby. I got laid off my job due to being pregnant. Which is totally illegal. However since this was one of my husbands biggest clients, I had to keep my mouth shut.
Not a good situation. However I'm a stay at home mom now with baby #4 on the way so I guess it worked itself out

I told my boss at 6 weeks and a couple of colleagues. I have to due to my job, I can't do a lot of things and handle a lot of the medications we use. But I've been feeling quite alright, and I find it good for some people to know as they stop me doing things I shouldn't be!!

Told my boss today (9+4) because my bump is getting way too obvious and I saw her staring at my stomach a couple times haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->