How late can the babies flip over?

Tiffylove

Reaction score
I just had an ultrasound today 31w3d and the baby is still breech. He looks pretty tight in there already. The lady said sometimes they can turn over this late....

Kind of worried now.

How late can they flip over and when does it typically happen?

I'm expecting twins and had one flip after 32 weeks. I know some that flip at 37. Still time left.

The lady doing the ultrasound made it seem as if it was possible but not common. So I was a little concerned. Thank you

Usually if they're going to turn on their own, it's by around 36 weeks, give or take a bit. But it's also possible they could still turn later than that. My daughter was breech until 34 weeks, then she turned and was born naturally at home at 37 weeks. You still have plenty of time. I did lots of exercises from the Spinning Babies website and started swimming, which I think made a big difference.

I did lots of exercises from the Spinning Babies website and started swimming, which I think made a big difference.

I'll have to take a look at that website. Never heard of it before. :happydance:

My son turned last week on his own at 32 weeks exactly! Had it confirmed with ultrasound this morning (33 weeks) My doctor was going to schedule c-section if he hadn't moved by today so we lucked out.

my baby was oblique breech at 31 weeks - I asked the MW when I should start being concerned and she said they wouldn't worry until 36 weeks

it feels like she's kicking/moving different now though (33 weeks) so I think she might have turned in the last couple of days... :shrug:

Im 36+3 today and not sure if still breech from 2 weeks ago so im off to the hosp tomoz to be checked over and talk options if am breech but im hoping she will be head down, fingers crossed

My baby was head down for weeks and weeks and then suddenly at 34 weeks she decided to flip. Since then she's been transverse and oblique. I'm going to be doing the semi-handstand exercise from spinningbabies.com to encourage her to go back the way she was and I've been keeping up my workout routine. Hopefully she'll be head down again by 36 weeks.

I know every doctor is different, but mine said they don't even worry about it until your 35 week appointment. I hope he turns for you!

My midwife says they do not worry about it until the 36 week appt...which is what I had today & baby is in breech still :( Have an appt with the consultant next Tues to discuss options.

Don't worry too much yet, you still have plenty of time!

I just turned 36 weeks and my Dr not worried untill 37 weeks but since I have my babies early (2nd at 36weeks and 5 days, 3rd 37weeks 0days) I convinced them to check Monday to see if she is still breech and then we will talking about our options of turning her. I hear baby's can change up through labor not likely but possible

My DS flipped from head down to breech between 39w5d and 40w2d.

He must have done it while I was sleeping - you'd think I'd feel a 9lb baby make a move like that!

Poor thing - the whole time that week I thought I was smacking his little bum, but it was his head!

My little brother was breech until the day he was born, he flipped the night before the oc was going to attempt to turn him, he was born that day

My LO has flipped back and forth twice now and i'll be 39 weeks tomorrow lol so far he's remained head down after going breech a couple of days ago :) try not to worry yourself they have more room than you think! :flower:

My mom went to 43 weeks with me(bless her, what a trooper) and during her NST at 42 weeks, I was transverse. I wasn't even engaged and didn't flip until several hours before I was born. So it's really possible at any time, but generally speaking the later you get, the less likely it is. (Oddly enough I was the only one of my moms kids who went transverse, and my guy loves to lay sideways...my ribs disagree. I can't even imagine a full term or overdue baby in that position!)

My daughter flipped at 38 Weeks needless to say I'd no sleep that night lol

Now that I am more conscious about his position I can feel him moving around at night. He goes almost into a transverse position and I swear he's about to flip over head down but he just stays moving all over and ends up head up every morning. But I feel better that he still has so much room to move around like that!

Mine has been breech this whole pregnancy and finally flipped a few days ago and got into the head down-ready to go position. There's still plenty of time! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->