How likely is it to ovulate 1st month off bc?

angelbump

Reaction score
Just wondering if any mums on here have concieved first month off contraception?
Thankyou x

It's definitely possible to ovulate first month after getting off BCP. I didn't get pregnant that month but I did ovulate. I was on BCP for about 15 years, stopped taking it on 5/21 and ovulated on 6/19. Some women ovulate within a couple of weeks, others a couple of months. Totally depends on the woman.

To put it into perspective, that month I ovulated on cd 27 and since then in all of my other cycles I ovulated on cd20. So it looks like it only took about a week for the BCP to get out of my system.

Yes, completely possible! In my case however I didn't ovulate for 3 months coming off BC.

Possible. I have a friend that conceived both of her kids immediately after coming off of BC.

Yes, I did conceive immediately after coming off bc pills. For some women, the huge rush of hormones makes them incredibly fertile. I was one of those women. Unfortunately, it ended in a very early miscarriage, which is also possible since hormones are so crazy and unstable. After that it took me 13 months and one round of Clomid to conceive again. But I also have an ovulatory disorder which is why I was on bc pills to begin with.

So yes.... definitely possible.

I did! I fell pregnant with my DD two weeks after having the implant removed lol

Thanks for your replies ladies, I'm really hoping we've done it this month �� x

I came off BC when DS3 was 6 months NEVER expecting to conceive so fast. I expected it to take at least 6 months. Now I'm due end of Jan and will have a15 month gap between DS3 and our last baby. Totally can happen!

I conceived my daughter fierce stopping birth control pills. I ovulated 2 weeks after stopping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->